• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
I know we all wish we got
one but if they upped the LE number it wouldn't be as speical. The whole point of LE is so that it's limited to a low number and will be collectible. Half the fun is getting that rare doll. Be boring if u they made 10 , 15 thousand of each.

500 for Europe is an insult, tbh. Especially after all the complaints in March and earlier. A lot of Europeans are getting the "we don't care about Europe" vibe right now.

I'm pretty new to collecting and just wanted to ask a question of the veteran collectors. I really want to buy an LE Snow White, and looking back at the post Polaris started in October listing each doll, it looks like the prices for her on Ebay have gone up dramatically since then. So I am wondering, do you think the prices will continue to just go up, or is this a product of the Frozen craze and if I wait a few months they might be more reasonable? Trying to decide whether to fork over a fortune for her now or wait.......

To me it should be a happy time not this stressful! After what happened in March I decided after Sleeping beauty(my fav film) I'm not getting any future ones. Too much hassle and 500 is a insult especially after March!

I'm pretty new to collecting and just wanted to ask a question of the veteran collectors. I really want to buy an LE Snow White, and looking back at the post Polaris started in October listing each doll, it looks like the prices for her on Ebay have gone up dramatically since then. So I am wondering, do you think the prices will continue to just go up, or is this a product of the Frozen craze and if I wait a few months they might be more reasonable? Trying to decide whether to fork over a fortune for her now or wait.......

Prices for Snow keep fluctuating so I think it's best to be patient and continue checking for when a good deal for her comes by. When I started collecting back in 2011, she was selling for around $900, then a bunch of people jumped the price up to over $1000 after the designer series hit and new collectors emerged, and then it lowered again and I saw someone snag one for $400. I would say start saving your money up while you search and that way if you happen to find her for a good deal then already have your funds for her ready. Good luck and stick with it! She looks like a very beautiful doll :)

Snow White for only 400$? Wow, sounds amazing! She is really gorgeous, would totally get her for this price! But while she is always for over 1000 priced i am not very interested in getting her, would prefer to get the coronation Anna but her prices are sooo ridiculous!

OlafOlaf: I think you have a point, there are many new collectors out there (including me) since the Frozen Hype and with them the scalper groups are growing faster, unfortunately.

Snow White for only 400$? Wow, sounds amazing! She is really gorgeous, would totally get her for this price! But while she is always for over 1000 priced i am not very interested in getting her, would prefer to get the coronation Anna but her prices are sooo ridiculous!

OlafOlaf: I think you have a point, there are many new collectors out there (including me) since the Frozen Hype and with them the scalper groups are growing faster, unfortunately.

I wouldn't spend over $1000 for Snow White, honestly. I'm pretty sure most of the time a collector who's being smart and observing the market can get her for around $600. It's because we're entering doll season and that's when resellers can sell their dolls for the biggest profit. If you can wait, I would say start checking in between January and May or June because doll season generally starts in late July and lasts until October, then people will be buying in November and December for Christmas. And it's a shame that that particular person bought their Snow White for $400 because I saw them post the next day in another place that they had a Snow White doll for sale for $900. They didn't deserve her if they were just going to turn around and sell her for more than double what they paid. I'd rather collectors get the deals because they truly appreciate the doll and aren't looking to flip or prey on other collectors for money.

The person bought her to sell her for $900? Well and i thought only collectors are spending so much money on ebay dolls... Sounds like a nightmare! Personally i would not want to spend more than $500 dollars on one doll. It is still a doll and remains one, no matter how beautiful it is. Being a disney collector is not so much fun than i think it would be in the first place. That's because i only want ucpoming releases and Ariel and November Anna, nobody can afford most of the other dolls! Plus i have not enough space for all the dolls so i can only pick the ones i really want. Rapunzel is one of my faves, too, but she is also so damn expensive! Thank you for your kindly advices, maybe i will wait till next year to grab one of them!

This is very premature lol but I'm planning on travelling to London in October to try and get the dolls, my nearest store I don't think carries them so might as well plan a trip to London lol. Can anyone who went to get Ariel tell me which Disney store had her in London as I'm guessing theirs more than one? And how early do you have to line up? I was thinking 6am? Store opens at 10am or would I need to be even earlier?

It's not premature at all! I spent my morning in a business center in a hotel while each and everyone of my family was out enjoying the celebrations. These dolls are like an obsession...
Anyways, I'd suggest going to the main Oxford street store. I don't know if the Harrods store will get any though. The oxford store has always been the main UK disney store I think. I've been to it twice and it appeared that way to me.

i can't believe how quickly aurora sold out. personally i think she's a very bland and unappealing edition of aurora (and looks way too much like barbie). not quite as bad as cinderella was but pretty close. so disappointing. i was really looking forward to getting her but after seeing the pictures i changed my mind. i'm now much more looking forward to the designer couple version of her and phillip; from what i've seen it looks much better conceptually and much more like aurora than this version does. i can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks so much for the advice Luna! I will try to wait until after doll season. I don't know if this helps anyone, but there are still a few Aurora preorders available at the Pineville, NC Disney Store.

I don't think Maleficent has anything to do with it, to be honest. It's just that more and more collectors start liking the dolls and with that popularity it also brings more scalpers. After the craziness of Frozen they probably want to turn every future doll release into some high end sale. I mean, just look at the Ebay listings right now, they're trying to sell her for big bucks and she's not even delivered yet.

yeah. i would even say that would be a stretch (ie. to attribute the success of these dolls selling to the movie), which is why the frozen hype thing seems more likely.

my thought process for that particular comment was: maleficent movie does well = things connected to it must do ok then = purchasing the doll would be an investment for some people

i would agree with the "craziness of frozen" definitely. to think that wow, a doll purchase could then end up being (5+)x the price a person bought it for could be appealing for some. i think that's largely why she sold out in minutes.

i don't understand why this is though. "sleeping beauty" isn't "frozen" and it's not going to reach that hype level. i guess because we are still in the waves of the hype, the next big thing (ie the doll) kind of gets carried with it and 'scalpers' hope for that.

i also agree with the collectors thing, but i think people are like "hey, this is cool, i like to get into this" every 'doll round'.

Thanks so much for the advice Luna! I will try to wait until after doll season. I don't know if this helps anyone, but there are still a few Aurora preorders available at the Pineville, NC Disney Store.

I'm close to Pineville. If still available, I might be able to go get one tomorrow. Happy to trade it for another doll for my wife (I was able to get an online preorder). Do you know if they are still available there?

I'm close to Pineville. If still available, I might be able to go get one tomorrow. Happy to trade it for another doll for my wife (I was able to get an online preorder). Do you know if they are still available there?

I was there at 5:30 today and they said they still had a few left, so I would imagine there would still be a couple available tomorrow.

I think no matrer if there was a hype or anything the resell value was always going to be £250 / $ 350 plus. But now it sold out so quick and the likely hood of is in Europe being able to get 1 of only 500 I think people will pay over the amount I mentioned above and this will become a very hard doll to find under those prices

Being new to this whole 17 " collector doll myself I had to have Aurora because I have pretty much got none other then the frozen ones lol I also helped a friend and a random on facebook get one also. In saying that I wish I got a spare to trade for one of the other releases I missed after paying $700 for my Elsa Nov I don't feel like doing that again in a hurry lol

It's not premature at all! I spent my morning in a business center in a hotel while each and everyone of my family was out enjoying the celebrations. These dolls are like an obsession...
Anyways, I'd suggest going to the main Oxford street store. I don't know if the Harrods store will get any though. The oxford store has always been the main UK disney store I think. I've been to it twice and it appeared that way to me.

Thanks and your right these dolls are an obsession and gotta plan early lol. Can't say I'm looking forward to lining up for hours but for Aurora it's worth it lol. Do you know how many hours people usually line up before the store opens?

I think no matrer if there was a hype or anything the resell value was always going to be £250 / $ 350 plus. But now it sold out so quick and the likely hood of is in Europe being able to get 1 of only 500 I think people will pay over the amount I mentioned above and this will become a very hard doll to find under those prices

I kind of think if eBay gets flooded with them then she will be similar in price to Ariel but then again Ariel is more popular than Aurora. I think she will be expensive at first but will soon drop. I think in the end she will be similar in price to winter Anna. The only ones who seem to go for a lot are the Frozen ones all the others come out and at first go for silly amounts and then go down in price and then gradually go back up wereas the Frozen ones have just been expensive from the start lol

Ebay is already flooded with them, cannot believe that some people are actually willig to pay big bucks to get them. If they still want to spend so much money on the dolls they will never be up for a valuable price, but i guess it does not bother them, sadly.

Isn't that funny? Stores have dolls left but online preorders sold out in minutes. I guess it's a lot easier for scalpers to buy from a computer since that's how they conduct most of their business.

I'm sorry for everyone who missed out, but hopefully you will all wait until the market's flooded to purchase. That way the price will calm down. There's no way Aurora's this popular. I love the doll, don't get me wrong, but there's no way I'd pay inflated prices to some shark obviously taking advantage of collectors.

As for the doll itself, she looks really grand in her box, almost like she fills it up more than most of the LE do. I'm not fond of the tinsel in her hair, though. Like someone else mentioned, there's too much of it and it looks messy. I'm hoping the varies from doll to doll and that I can score one with minimal glitter.

The staff at my store said they think it was to emulate the glow from the spindle scene. I think that would be a lot cuter of a theory if her dress were blue like in that scene. I think Disney just loves glitter and will give all golden-haired dolls tinsel.

Trank you for your post Quasimodo. This gives me hope so maybe i am able to get her in october. It's my only and Last chance, sucks to be an european disney fan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back