• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!

MountedArcherPrincess

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm creating a new thread for all of the Marvel nerds! I have always loved Marvel since I was really young, I think I had more action figures then barbies! I'm starting to get back into it especially after the Avengers which I feel has been one of the best Marvel films made. It really captured each character extremely well and Loki is just an awesome bad guy!

My all time favorite Marvel superheros/villains are Spider-Man, Thor, Loki, and Deadpool. Granted Spider-Man got knocked down a notch with the original Spider-man trilogy. However, that is a can of worms I shouldn't open LOL! At the moment Thor has become my all-time favorite! I love mythology and the actors that the chose for each character really brings the characters personality out. I'm extremely excited for Thor: The Dark World!!

Anyway, I want this to be a thread that we can share what we like to collect, what peoples favorite Marvel heros are, and anything else Marvel related! For me personally, I'm starting to get into Hot Toys and hope to purchase my first one soon! Their figures are so AMAZING!!

I have never heard of that one! You have to take lots of pictures and post them please! I will definitely put it on my calendar for next year. Unless I can find one of my crazy friends to go with me for the day! LOL

Thank you MountedArcherPrincess for starting this thread!! I love Marvel and I saw Thor last night, it was pretty cool not as good as the first but good. They showed the Captain America Winter Soldier trailer too.

If you do get a chance if you have any pics of your Sideshow Collection I would love to see it. I know Wonder Woman is not Marvel but I remember you saying that you liked her as a character (i think??) I managed to buy a Wonder Woman figure I will take a pic of it and post it when I get a chance. I know she isnt Marvel but she is amazing.

Speaking of Hot Toys I did get the Iron Man Mark VII and it is awesome but it is still in the box because I am too scared to open it, it is my first Hot Toy and I dont want to ruin it LOL.

My husband is a huge Marvel fan, we're going to see Thor on Sunday - glad you enjoyed it Mike

The new Captain America film looks amazing but still a little wait for that!

Id love to see some of your collections, the detail on these are some of the best I've seen.

Last week, my husband showed me a picture of the Mark XLII that comes out in February and costs like $309. I'm thinking that is a not so subtle hint. He, of course, said it was too expensive. There is a similar one for $169. Has fewer attachments, I guess. He also likes Star Wars, so Darth Maul one (for a bit over $200) looks possible. It would have to be his main gift since homebound teachers don't make the big bucks. Any advice from those who own these types of things?

Last week, my husband showed me a picture of the Mark XLII that comes out in February and costs like $309. I'm thinking that is a not so subtle hint. He, of course, said it was too expensive. There is a similar one for $169. Has fewer attachments, I guess. He also likes Star Wars, so Darth Maul one (for a bit over $200) looks possible. It would have to be his main gift since homebound teachers don't make the big bucks. Any advice from those who own these types of things?

Best to get it now instead of later. Like the disney le stuff it can be more expensive in the secodary market, especially iron man.

Polaris: I don't have a very big collection however that will probably change soon hehe. But when get a bigger collection and am able to display them I will definitely be posting pictures!! I get really artistic when it comes to displaying my collectibles. I have an office dedicated to Brave and once I'm completely finished with that I will start on my Marvel displays ^^

Does anyone know how the new hot toys are announced? I was looking all over for info but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place. I was curious if they were going to release anymore for Thor The Dark World. I would really love it is they did!

You guys overseas are so lucky! You guys get the movie first! It doesn't come out in the US until November 8!

I'm not a huge fan of Cap but the new Winter Soldier Movie looks pretty amazing. I will most likely go and see that one along with the new X-Men movie coming out. I usually avoid most of the X-Men movies because they fall flat BUT Patrick Stewart is coming back to play Professor X. Which I found interesting because I remember reading somewhere that he stated he would not do anymore of the films. So I was thinking if he came back for this film it has to be a really good script for him to come back. AHHH!!! I just had a thought!!! What if hot toys or sideshow makes a figure of Professor X!! I will need that one just because it will have the likeness of Patrick Stewart!!! I also just have a love for Patrick Stewart because I grew up watching him on Star Trek The Next Generation!

One good way is to sign up for sideshow collectibles. They will email you newsletters on hot toys and sideshow releases. Also there are online places that get hot toys too called alter ego comicsand big bad toy store. They will also email you preorders for the latest hot toys releases.

There are plans to make a hot toys professor x from first class but with Xavier looking pretty cool in the new movie ( and with Patrick Stewart's approval.) they may make one from that.

Last edited:
Generally with Marvel movies it is released in Australia first for some reason, we got Avengers here about a week before the US and a day before the UK. The screening of Thor I went to was also an advance screening.

Like cocosianelle said we usually get movies later than the US, we arent getting Frozen here in Australia until Boxing Day Dec26 but I am hoping for an advance screening.

My sister lives in Taiwan so she always gets the movies before the US does....which is somewhat annoying when she gloats about it BUT they always get the animation movies last because of all the translation that has to be done. They usually dub the movies over in Mandarin rather than just subtitles.

disneykid85: thanks for the info! Oh and while I was on the site I ordered my first hot toys figure ><.....They just released the pre-order for the new Thor! And of course they had two of them ahhh! So I decided on one and I think I'm going to try to find base from the other Thor figure off eBay rather than just buying the whole figure....luckily it is a pre-order and they don't charge your card until it hits the warehouse! Plus, it is not going to ship until next year so I think I'm safe for awhile! LOL

I think this is probably the first movie we've got before the US which I didn't know was the case and I'm pretty surprised. I wonder why that is??

MArvel Movies tend to be released in the UK before US, we got Avengers before the US too, and we're getting Captain America first :D

Nevermind, I just pre-ordered the other Thor figure :banghead:. I will decide later which one I want, at least they are now pre-ordered and I have secured it. I think though I will just got the sideshow exclusive figure...it is actually the first figure hot toys had made without his full armor which is cool. Plus the display is way nicer than the other one ^^

MArvel Movies tend to be released in the UK before US, we got Avengers before the US too, and we're getting Captain America first :D

Haha this I did not know thank you.

I've just thought of something my husband has which I'm sure is probably deemed a collectable it's the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers

Its pretty cool as it has tons of extras and the case is very cool.

I was looking at that on the disneystore website! I would love to add that to my collection, however at the moment I don't have a blu-ray player so I can convince my honey to let me get it LOL

I know the Disney Store is set to release a Captain America Winter Solider action figure sometime very soon if anyone collects!

I don't know as much about Marvel as I would like, I saw Captain America with friends and loved it unexpectedly. Since then I have watched all the newer Marvel movies but haven't gone back and watched the Iron Man movies or anything prior... Still haven't seen the first Thor but it's on my list of things to do before I go to the second one.

Here are pics of my LE Wonder Woman figure, I know she is not Marvel but I know we have some Wonder Woman fans on here!

I think being in this thread is going to hurt my wallet as much as LE's are going to start. My boyfriend and I HUGE! Marvel nuts. haha been both of us have been reading comics forever! lol! if anyone needs any comic book info, let me know I know a lot of useless knowledge about the Marvel world. haha!

My husband is a comic guy too, he has about 5 a week! He also has a subscription to a marvel graphic novel collection where he gets a hardback graphic novel every 2 weeks. There are 60 in total and at the end of the collction the spine of th books creates all the characters from th novels, it's pretty cool.

Here is th wiki page if anyone is curious: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

Mike I had a little giggle looking at your pic as I'm sat here in my Wonder Woman onesie - not sure if you guys know what they are?!

Last edited:
Haha onesies are very popular worldwide, I think Miley Cyrus is one of the infamous onesie enthusiasts.

So yes I believe most people should know what they are.

That is pretty cool though Sian, never knew that Marvel released graphic novels, they are pretty cool. Need to not look into it too much though or else I may get addicted and want to start collecting them too! :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back