• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Mike is still grovelling over the death of Chernabog, but at least there will be nobody to scare him anymore..

Mike is picking away at the bits of snow where Chernabog was found, he was the first one to start digging and he still hasn't found anything.

Mike really wants to get in on the action and help find the muderer...

...oh well!

WAIT

'I've found something, I've found something, I can't believe I've found something!!!!!!!!!!' yelled Mike!

Mike gets on the phone to Archimedes immdiately.

'Archimedes, I have just found a brown feather in the snow.. it's not yours is it??'

Mike is pleased to hear that Archimedes denies he has lost any feathers today!!

*This is a big clue, and I found it*, thought Mike.

Aurora recieves the text about the feather and starts thinking about who has brown feathers. But is having better luck listing off who the feather can't belong to. There are many disney birds but not many of them have brown feathers. The only brown feathered birds she can think of other than Archimedes, would be the owls.

Eventually reaching Rafikki's planet, Abu has Carpet take Snow White directly to the interactive animal area ( since Animal Kingdom is Notazoo) so that she may commune with the animals and calm her nerves. Since most of the animals are larger than him, Abu decides to hang back and poke around the surrounding area. At one point a large talking trash can comes over and starts harassing him but soon bores with him and wanders off.

*Chief Louie looks over at Chessie. * "I think the cause of death may be a ton of ice and snow dumped on top of Chernabog. I mean he was used to the warmer climate of a volcano if I'm not mistaken, but maybe his ghost will appear ad give us more. Right now we are all over the place in ideas and searching, maybe I was wrong in spreading us out. Ok I will call a cleanup team to take of this and we can go over to the Yak and Yeti restaurant for a planning session. I will send a message to the others to meet us there. Also get those casts of the prints and that feather to the lab."

*With that Louie signals everyone back to the train and sends a message to the other detectives to meet at the YAK and YETI restaurant.*

DSC00056.JPG
IMG_2353.jpg

Tink texts back that she will orer it but that she would be leary about ordering any fowl dish from the menu/ too many times in cases like this they have found out WHOM was on the menu. tink still doesnt feel good at all.

Figment gets the text from chief saying to meet up wih everyone at Yak & Yeti. As a seasoned detective Figment always gets nervous when we stop to eat.

"I think I'll stick to veggie options this time."

Snow White gets off Carpet and realizes that she misunderstood what Abu was trying to tell her. "Abu, what did you try to tell me? I am so sorry I didn't understand you!" Abu hears her but doesn't respond. Instead he wanders off but not too far where she can't see him. Snow White then looks around the place and sees so many cute animals. "Cute birds and squirrels! Awwwwww!!! Oh! I must contact the Chief and ask if they found anything." Chief Louie gives Snow White the latest details on what they found. "Oh! Poor Chernabog! Oh? Mike found a brown feather? Okay! I will call you back if I get any leads, Chief. Thanks!"

Snow thinks about the clues so far, but has no leads yet.

Last edited:
Pluto hearing the Chiefs message decides it best to run down to Yak and Yeti and join up with Tink. He looks around for where she is sitting and joins her at her table. Kneeling next to her and nuzzling up against her to help her feel better. He begins to ponder about the fur they found at the first scene and the feather at the next. "Hopefully we get the lab results for the fir back soon."

Figment gets to Yak & Yeti and meets up with Tink & Pluto.

"So far I seem to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. The clues we have are a female, fur and a brown feather. Have I missed anything?"

following receiving the text from Chief Louie, Eeyore heads over to the Yak and Yeti restaurant with Aurora and Figment.

"I just hope they have some good thistle salad on the menu, all of this detecting we're doing has got me hungry."

He decides to put his head together with Aurora's and Figment's and start thinking to whom the feather could belong to...once he's eaten, of course.

Last edited:
Since the Yak & Yeti seems to not have a selection of cheese, Basil decides to order a (very) small plate of vegetable lo mein. He starts to make notations in his journal and thinks about what has transpired thus far in the case.

Archimedes, watching the crew work from above (he's too "high up" for this sort of work), sees that the remnants of Chernabog are found underneath the clump of snow. Shortly after the one eyed monster finds a brown feather in the snow. Archimedes is offended that he would leave his clippings laying about. A properly groomed owl disposes of his feathers properly.

As the Chief order everyone to the restaurant, Archimedes is disgruntled. Formal eating establishments have always troubled while eating with other detectives. He flies in, landing on the back of a chair. He orders a tea, and waits for the others.

Aurora heads to the Yak and Yeti restuarant with Eeyore and Figment. She is excited to get together with everyone in the same room again and start sharing theories. She decides a house salad sounds yummy - and safe!

*Chessie nods in agreement with King Louie and indicates that meeting at Yak & Yeti for a planning strategy seems like the best course of action. Chessie quickly fades out and reappears at the restaurant, joining the detectives already there.*

Chessie: 'Fur and a feather isn't much to go on ... but remember that either or both need not come from the killer. Either or both could come from the killer or someone closely associated with the killer, so we really don't have that much to go on yet.'

*Chessie skims the menu, decides that he is safest ordering a hot tea, and waits for the rest of the detectives to join them.*

Pluto really hopes the other detectives gets here soon so we can discuss the best course of action to take from here. He also doesn't like how the other detectives are talking about 'safe' food like the next victim may show up in their food. He begins wondering where the next clue will show up.

As the tea arrives, Archimedes digs in his DFI bag and finds Merlin's tea pot. He sets it down on the table and order it to put some sugar in.

300px-Swordinthestone_076.jpg

The attitude of the owl seems to be rubbing off on the utensils....

Pascal cheers up after seeing the horrible sceen at the everest attraction.... food! pascal thinks to him self i have not eaten since breakfast nom nom nom i hope they sell grubs and crickets!!

Figment is reassured as more detectives arrive at the restaurant especially Archimedes.

"I'm glad our feathered friend is here. I've seen too many in altogether different state."

Back