• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come

tinkerbelle1956

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
same time next year. Here we go again. Spoke to my manager at the DS yesterday and she spilled. Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana and Poch beginning in September 2014. Pins will be sold online.

Time to put my mouse-clicking finger in training. We need to set up a fake website where we can run buying drills.

Haha! That made me laugh. I'd love to have a Tiana doll, I love her. Wonder which outfit she will wear. I'd love to see her in her blue gown. Or maybe the white dress she wears in her "Almost There" number.

Haha! That made me laugh. I'd love to have a Tiana doll, I love her. Wonder which outfit she will wear. I'd love to see her in her blue gown. Or maybe the white dress she wears in her "Almost There" number.

YESSS! I was just thinking this! I adore Tiana and the whole "message" of her movie, but shes always in the same dress. Id LOVE to see her in her white dress with a feather in her hair!
I also think I might go for Poca, since they will be paired with their respective man (john smith im assuming?) because they are the only interracial couple I can think of off the top of my head. Wouldnt be able to resist mulan in armor either

I'm most excited for Tiana, but I'm hopeful that they'll FINALLY get Mulan right. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Pocahontas, who's really beautiful aside from her plain dress. Cinderella and Aurora are nice classic princesses, but a bit simple for my taste... I'll still aim to get them, though! I can't wait. I know I'm in the minority, but I want Tiana in her green dress (is that called her bayou dress?). I guess these won't be "when they fell in love" dolls like the first five, more like "happily ever after" or something. I don't want Tiana and Naveen as frogs!

YESSS! I was just thinking this! I adore Tiana and the whole "message" of her movie, but shes always in the same dress. Id LOVE to see her in her white dress with a feather in her hair!
I also think I might go for Poca, since they will be paired with their respective man (john smith im assuming?) because they are the only interracial couple I can think of off the top of my head. Wouldnt be able to resist mulan in armor either

Would love to see Mulan in armor!!! We always been denied a full Ping getup. Also want to see something Tiana in a revamped version of her bayou dress or her blue dress. It'll will have to be one of her more iconic looks and definitely not frogs!

Last edited:
Awww, I was hoping there might be a change up with Merida somewhere in there OR Queen Elinor and King Fergus!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that they do something with them too! Not sure if I will want the whole set or not......if the have Aurora in the blue dress then YES!!! Poca.....I go back and forth on her if they do some awesome clothing for her then may be.....

I hope Auroras in blue! So I have her original pink designer and a new blue one :) the original designer Auroras dress is so similar to the movie that I think they will do the blue or briar rose outfit or else it will look pretty much the same!

hehe.. but you guys! just imagine how awesome the blinged out frogs would be!
I guess a big part of it for me is also movie accuracy.. I want the dolls in respective clothing to movie events (if that makes sense?) Because mulans typical pink dress was what she was wearing for her matchmaker scene, but when she was actually with Shang they were both at war wearing armor. Sure its not all that glamorous, but thats how it was, and thats why I LIKED it! Naveen only saw Tiana in her blue dress for like a second before she turned into a frog.. but I guess thats a little different since for they most part they were just "animal naked" for the main parts of the movie >>

I'd LOVE to see Mulan in her dress at the end when she is home and Shang comes over ("Would you like to stay for dinner?" "WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY FOREVER?") to contrast with the pink dress from the original. As cool as it would be to have a Ping Mulan, I just don't see them doing it for this set.

For Tiana I would LOVE her to be in the "official" wedding dress she wore (not the Bayou one, we have enough of those) you know, the one in white?

I would die for Aurora in blue, I'm with Merryweather on this one... make it blue!

Cinderella will be in her classic dress, as usual... unless they do the wedding dress at the end, but that is less likely.

Pocahontas will be a tough one, but I'm sure they will come up with something. They seem to like embroidery a lot with this set, so I could see them doing sort of her normal dress but with cool nature embroidery on it, like branches on a Sycamore tree, and they can easily put on multi-colored jewels in a spiral up pattern to represent "the colors of the wind" like when all the beautiful multi-colored leaves wrap around her? I'd love something like this, whatever they do they need to make her more colorful! I thought the original designer Pocahontas was a little rough, the brown was too dark for her dress, and she really just kind of looked like a long lost Kardashian to me... haha :p

Well when Shang and Mulan realized they loved each other is at the end of the movie, after she' set the palace on fire. So it'll probably be the dress she's in at the end. She didn't really know she loved him while they were at war.

Pheeew!!! Such a relief Mulan managed to make it into the 2nd Collection! Mulan is my favorite princess, and I was really nervous that DS would replace her and Pocahontas with Anna and Elsa and their respective men. I agree with you guys! I want to see Mulan in her blue dress! Shang would carry Mulan's helmet while Mulan would come with the Golden Medallion and Shan Yu's sword! I can totally see this happen, while some may think it would be a lot of accesories, lets not forget Rapunzel had her flowers and lantern while Flynn had his satchel and stolen tiara as accessories! Something like this would be just perfect:

blue+dress+Mulan.gif

I would actually be pretty stoked if they do happen to make a part 2 in the designer fairytale collection. But I would only get 2 or 3 from the collection if they decide to stick with Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana, & Pocahontas.

Now for Cinderella they could do whatever dress she's in .. As long it's not that pink dress .. Since that did not end too well.

For Aurora, please please please in the name of Disney let her be in blue dress! Either that or she can get a glam up cottage dress. I mean if they could make Ariel's village dress look good, I can't see why they can't do the same with Aurora. Plus it is one of the most iconic scenes of them dancing ... Which she was in her cottage attire for that.

For Mulan .. Ehhh I mean it would soo epic if they did make her & Shang in their warrior outfits but in my opinion, they would look better if they chose the outfits where they just saved the emperor. I love Mulan in that outfit. Either that or choose one of the outfits in Mulan 2. But again I have nothing against the matchmaker outfit.

Tiana ... My god she would be my 3rd (almost close to 2nd) favorite princess ever! Now her blue gown costume party outfit would be one pretty cool. But like others said in her cream white outfit would be gorgeous & Prince Naveen would be wearing his outfit when he steps down in the New Orleans. My god the possibilities for Tiana would be amazing & I would be happy either way of what they will pick.

Now for Pocahontas ... The only real outfit I could imagine her being in is the ballroom scene where she gets invited to the king's ball in Pocahontas 2. & I will cry if they chose the wrong John with Pocahontas lol. But again Disney is good with surprises & I'm willing to take them.

Overall these would be my opinions for what they decide with next year. & I'm not saying that Merida, Anna, or Elsa would be a nice addition to the collection. But I can't see them as part of the princess line just yet. Plus it would be pretty big for the collection if they add those 3. Also I'm use to just only 10 princesses in the line of Disney princess. I'm still trying to adjust with Merida in the line & now Disney is adding 2 more. So if I had to chose of what I would actually plan to get (if they're made) is Tiana (for myself), Cinderella (for my sister), & Pocahontas (for my friend).

Pheeew!!! Such a relief Mulan managed to make it into the 2nd Collection! Mulan is my favorite princess, and I was really nervous that DS would replace her and Pocahontas with Anna and Elsa and their respective men. I agree with you guys! I want to see Mulan in her blue dress! Shang would carry Mulan's helmet while Mulan would come with the Golden Medallion and Shan Yu's sword! I can totally see this happen, while some may think it would be a lot of accesories, lets not forget Rapunzel had her flowers and lantern while Flynn had his satchel and stolen tiara as accessories! Something like this would be just perfect:

blue+dress+Mulan.gif

That would work perfectly! We'll get a new look for Mulan and get some armor detail from Shang and cool props! Great picture btw

Oohh yes!!! Mulan and Pocahontas!!!! Can't wait!!!! I'm thinkin' I would love love love to see Mulan in like bridal regalia like in the matchmaker scene. With her face make up and all. OOOOhh!!! But it'll be weird since she didn't marry Shan Yu in the first Mulan and she's more a warrior than a bride. Hmmm, predicaments. And for Pocahontas, maybe some traditional beading on her dress? Something earthy? But I wonder how they might reflect something earthy with the frills that a this first set had...... Excited nonetheless to see them and to get pins!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back