• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come
I know it's not exactly the most popular of sequels, but I would love to have a doll of Pocahontas in the white gown with the big elaborate hairstyle. In any case I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do her especially, and also the rest of the Princesses.
There is a doll of her in that dress.

pocahontas2doll.jpg

If they do make the last half of the princesses, I doubt she will be in that dress. John Rolfe is just not popular (even though she did marry him in real life but he was a jerk, to put it nicely). She would be with Smith and she never wore that dress in the first movie. Smith is the man promoted with Pocahontas not Rolfe because the sequel was not popular/not promoted by Disney. Smith is considered Pocahontas "prince."

I believe that Aurora will be in her peasant dress for the Designer set. I just really hope that the 17" Aurora is in her blue dress or that they make one in blue and another in pink. I'm so tired of her pink dress. The dress was only pink for a few split seconds at the end while she was wearing it. The blue is much more regal and movie accurate. I wish that they would release one of her in both colors just so we could see how much faster one color sells out than the other, which I believe would be blue if nothing else because Disney so rarely releases merch of her in blue. Maybe then Disney would finally understand that the majority of fans want a movie accurate Aurora and don't want her in pink just because they put Cinderella in blue (she should really be in white/silver).

I'm most interested in Aurora & Phillip and Pocahontas & John Smith. With the Pocahontas set it will all depend on how well Disney can outfit Pocahontas so that she doesn't look too plain compared to the other princesses. I would really like to see a Frozen set for the second part of this collection. I already really love the movie (from what I know about it) and I think it would help boost the second part of this collection since the first part had so many of the most popular couples.

Since you guys are right, that the more popular princesses were already done this time around, they may just lower the edition size. I could see 4,000 being a fair number for the dolls left. I mean, if you think Disney worries about selling them all in a day or so. Otherwise I think it's fine if they sit in the warehouse for a couple weeks with an edition of 6,000.

I think they may annoyingly do different edition sizes like they did for the original designer series. I can see them not making many of Mulan or Pocahontas, sadly. I think Cindy and Aurora will be at least 6000 though.

I'm kind of excited, even though I did just start collecting with the 5 first dolls...I have to say all of this is pretty cool! haha (I have finally a collection and can start moving over my boyfriend's comic book collection LOL!) :wavey:

Hopefully they actually DO put them all online so more people have the opportunity to get them. It made me very sad how it was handled this year and I think it caused a lot of hurt feelings when it didn't need to happen that way. It could've been done much better!

Keeping my fingers crossed for next year!

pocahontas2doll.jpg

If they do make the last half of the princesses, I doubt she will be in that dress. John Rolfe is just not popular (even though she did marry him in real life but he was a jerk, to put it nicely). She would be with Smith and she never wore that dress in the first movie. Smith is the man promoted with Pocahontas not Rolfe because the sequel was not popular/not promoted by Disney. Smith is considered Pocahontas "prince."

Def agree with you here. I hope they couple her with John Smith.

I do think simplicity is better. Pocahontas in this dress makes her look weird in my opinion.

This is very exciting! I will start saving up now so I'm ready for next year. I definitely want Pocahontas, Aurora and Tiana. Cindy and Mulan most likely depending on how they look. I think they will release Cindy last since she is the most popular or Aurora because it'll be her big year like it was for Ariel this year. I can see them releasing them like this:

Pocahontas- Like Snow she is the least popular of the five.
Tiana- Like Rapunzel she is a newer princess and fairly popular.
Mulan- Moderately popular like Jasmine although Shang is no where near as popular as Aladdin.
Cinderella- Very popular and probably the most popular out of the five.
Aurora- She and Phillip are a pretty popular couple. I would say they're the 5th most popular after Ariel/Eric, Belle/Beast, Jasmine/Aladdin and Rapunzel/Flynn. Plus it's her year next year so they will probably hype her up.

Sorry for the mindless rambling it is along way off haha. Can't wait to see them!

Last edited:
I believe that Aurora will be in her peasant dress for the Designer set. I just really hope that the 17" Aurora is in her blue dress or that they make one in blue and another in pink. I'm so tired of her pink dress. The dress was only pink for a few split seconds at the end while she was wearing it. The blue is much more regal and movie accurate. I wish that they would release one of her in both colors just so we could see how much faster one color sells out than the other, which I believe would be blue if nothing else because Disney so rarely releases merch of her in blue. Maybe then Disney would finally understand that the majority of fans want a movie accurate Aurora and don't want her in pink just because they put Cinderella in blue (she should really be in white/silver).

:wat:
:like::like: +100000000000000 THIS :like::like::like::bigthumb:

Perhaps that is how Disney will take it from moderate sales to high end sales. By putting Aurora in her pink dress, Tiana in her blue dress, Mulan as you pictured, etc. Wish Disney would come here for these grand ideas.

I really hope that they don't release Aurora and Phillip last of all of the sets next year since they'll probably be the ones I want the most. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney used the same release pattern of this year for next year though. The only set I purchased from this year's collection was Ariel & Eric, so it would be nice to not have to wait until the end again since so many more people knew about them by then. Of course Ariel and Eric were the most popular couple anyway, but I don't think they would have been as hard to obtain if they hadn't been released last. Plus it would be nice to not have so many people show up at the raffle. For the first three couples at my store only two-thirds of the sets were sold during the raffle. Whereas for BatB there were a few more people than dolls. For TLM there were more than three times as many people than there were dolls.

I would like to see Cinde and Aurora do a color switch and see how it fairs. Pocahontas may have her winter-fied version of her basic outfit to fall back on even though I await something elaborate and Mulan in the finale dress with a medal and sword is good thinking. Tiana in Blue or ether one of her waitress dresses would be nice; it's her white corset dress that I would like though and it would be a good equivalent to Rapunzel LOL. That leaves Aurora which will be the Ariel of this series as her movie is coming out of DVD and stuff. I agree with the grey dress because that is how she reunited with her true love after 16 years. Cinderella in pink would be interesting as a what if (she went to the ball in that?) and be a nice contrast against his red pants. Pink and red is a good color scheme but I fear we may be in for something once old then new, something overload and something blue. Although it won't matter much if they get the job done right. I for one will begin ot start saving any and all cash for this line however. And in the process am construction my own dolls. I call it Vintage Couples and possibly will make them LE of 10 or 13. Its like the Disney 2012/2013 Classic Dolls playing dress up lol.

Definitely going to want Cinderella and Aurora! (´ ▽`).。o♡

I want DS to take Aurora's OUAT dress to the inspiration board like they did with Belle (´ω`♡)

...man, I just want an official Aurora doll in a light purple dress, LOL! But I'm VERY pro-Brair Rose dress; especially if they add all that beautiful detail as they did with Ariel and Rapunzel's corsets and skirts. I can only imagine how intricate it would be with that beautiful gold lining on her black corset. Some black lining and designs on the skirt...maybe a few rose-red rhinestones for some eye-catching color.

Or something like Lisa Fabio's dress modeled by Tracy Hines: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trueenchantment/5046461268/sizes/l/in/photostream/

but with more designs and detail.

Pocahontas had better be with John Smith... or else!

She better be with John Smith or nobody. Heck, I'll take Kocoum if need be, BUT not he-who-shall-not-be-named from the 2nd movie <_<

Yes.

I never even thought of the intricate costumes they did for these first five. Ugh, I may just fall in love with one or two.
I wish they would eventually do a fairy line. Tink, Periwinkle, Blue Fairy, Fairy Godmother and upcoming Elsa. Wow could you imagine the detail in their costumes.

I'm very excited for the line next year. I really, really want Aurora, she is in my lineup of favorite princesses ♥ I also think she and Phillip will be the star set for phase 2 because next year we have Sleeping Beauty coming out on BluRay, which will increase her popularity. Also, next year we are most likely getting 17" dolls to be released with the movie, based on that and ho they did the releases this year, I am pretty sure they will leave Aurora and Phillip as the last couple to be released. It will enhance the anticipation being that her movie will be re-released next year and will serve as the grand finally just as Ariel and Eric. Ariel was the most popular one out of this set, besides building anticipation, I believe they purposely left her last so that she would be released after the movie was already released. This creates even more hype. I believe they will do the same thing with Aurora.

However as Polaris mentioned, they need to something spectacular with these dolls because overall the more popular princesses were already released. Not to say that the ones being released next year are not great, but they really do need to step up their game to make the next ones stand out even more. One that I am really looking forward to see what they do with her is Pocahontas. I really hope that instead of having her in her simple tribe outfit that they do something a bit more intricate. I don't think that her tribe outfit all jazzed up will be enough. Years ago they had released a Pocahontas doll in a gorgeous ceremonial gown, I think that for a designer collection, a ceremonial gown would be much more appealing.

I really can't wait to see what they do with them. I am also hoping that Aurora is in her Briar Rose outfit, since she will most likely be in her gown for the 17", I think Disney will mix it up. I doubt we will do the same outfit in 2 different lines being released the same year. It would also be nice to see Tiana in a different outfit as well and Naveen with the guitar as Polaris suggested.

Soooo excited to see what the future holds with these dolls ♥
We have the same tastes. ha. My tops (and the only collections Im doing now) are Ariel, Belle, Aurora and Rapunzel.

I never even thought of the intricate costumes they did for these first five. Ugh, I may just fall in love with one or two.
I wish they would eventually do a fairy line. Tink, Periwinkle, Blue Fairy, Fairy Godmother and upcoming Elsa. Wow could you imagine the detail in their costumes.
A designer fairy line would be awesome!! Im surprised they dont do more with them as far as dolls because they seem to constantly be releasing Pixie Hollow movies.

I really don't think they'll do Pocahontas with John Rolfe. In the movie it was *John Smith* she loved first, and the sequel honestly can't even hold a candle in comparison. I would not even want her in the London dress (the white one) because that is everything Pocahontas stood against in the movie, she was ALWAYS about nature and following your heart and being kind to the Earth, etc. I have this cool image in my mind with her traditional skirt but a spiral up it with multi-color gems that look like the leaves from the colors of the wind sequence. I don't know, I just want SOME color with her besides just the brown like the original designer.

I'd love Aurora in her peasant dress equally as much as I'd love it in the blue dress. When they do a 17" doll, I hope they do something with the material that changes color in different light (pink to blue) sort of like how Designer Ursula's "tentacles" go from like black to purple if you hit it right with the light.

pocahontas2doll.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly, that's an OOAK doll... crazy, right?! :lol: I wish I had that level of OOAK skill! The box alone is unbelievable, never mind the doll itself!

SUPER INSANELY AWESOMELY MEGA hyped up for Mulan and Shang- YAY! Aurora and Philip could also be beautiful, and the rumour that they could do another set means I can sell the rest of my first set and keep my 4 favourite girls now that Mulan is in the game- hooray! :hsd: I wish I knew I'd have enough room for them all, but alas Mulan is coming so Snow and Belle- move along! ;) Praying she's in her outfit everyone is talking about!! :) :) Aurora better be in her Briar Rose outfit and Philip in his woodland outfit, it'd be so awesome OH PLEASE DISNEY!!! :)

I really don't think they'll do Pocahontas with John Rolfe. In the movie it was *John Smith* she loved first, and the sequel honestly can't even hold a candle in comparison. I would not even want her in the London dress (the white one) because that is everything Pocahontas stood against in the movie, she was ALWAYS about nature and following your heart and being kind to the Earth, etc. I have this cool image in my mind with her traditional skirt but a spiral up it with multi-color gems that look like the leaves from the colors of the wind sequence. I don't know, I just want SOME color with her besides just the brown like the original designer.

I'd love Aurora in her peasant dress equally as much as I'd love it in the blue dress. When they do a 17" doll, I hope they do something with the material that changes color in different light (pink to blue) sort of like how Designer Ursula's "tentacles" go from like black to purple if you hit it right with the light.

I hope they do Briar Rose too! Save Aurora for the 17th inch. I hope they just make her in one color(preferably blue or something that blue and pink) and not release 2 versions if that means no Philip. Maleficent will be made so I'm not worried about her :)

I am still skeptical on the next release as it is still a while away but cast members have always been right, I just dont want to read to much into conversations and I guess will just wait for the Disney Store blog to release information around July next year. But until then I guess everything is just speculation.

I dont mean to disregard information already released by others about the next line as they may be right, maybe it is just because I really want something different from Disney so I am hoping that even if do decide to do a second DFDC line that they do something to make it special and different to this years line (other than the fact that it is the other 5 princesses).

I guess the main reason is that if they keep doing princesses every year it is going to make it very hard to keep continuing to purchase the line because of the lack of space and repetitive characters making them less unique and well it will just get boring really. Maybe they will start reducing the line to about 5 sets a year? That way it is not excessive like with the original designer line of 10 dolls? Either way knowing me I am always going to want to complete the designer line each year so I am going to have so many, dolls and mugs :p. Need more space! haha

I have a confession...

Ive tried to watch Pochontas a few times and have never made it all the way through. So these names of who should be with mean nothing to me. LOL.

Sad but true!

I think if a few of us are hearing from CMs about this release next year, its probably true. No way that many people that work for the company would release false info. Right?!!

This is very exciting! I will start saving up now so I'm ready for next year. I definitely want Pocahontas, Aurora and Tiana. Cindy and Mulan most likely depending on how they look. I think they will release Cindy last since she is the most popular or Aurora because it'll be her big year like it was for Ariel this year. I can see them releasing them like this:

Pocahontas- Like Snow she is the least popular of the five.
Tiana- Like Rapunzel she is a newer princess and fairly popular.
Mulan- Moderately popular like Jasmine although Shang is no where near as popular as Aladdin.
Cinderella- Very popular and probably the most popular out of the five.
Aurora- She and Phillip are a pretty popular couple. I would say they're the 5th most popular after Ariel/Eric, Belle/Beast, Jasmine/Aladdin and Rapunzel/Flynn. Plus it's her year next year so they will probably hype her up.

Sorry for the mindless rambling it is along way off haha. Can't wait to see them!

Really?! I have to say I feel the opposite. I think Pocahontas and Cinderella are popular. Aurora is moderate. I think Mulan and Tiana are the least popular. This is just judging by sales... for example, the animators. I could be totally wrong. I think it would be odd that Disney would continue this line considering they released the most popular princesses (Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel) in the first line.

For the record, the CMs at my store keep telling people the line will be continued next year but I have no idea if they actually confirmed that or if they just heard a lot of rumors. I for one haven't seen any confirmation. But I can see it happening since the hype is there.

Last edited:
Really?! I have to say I feel the opposite. I think Pocahontas and Cinderella are popular. Aurora is moderate. I think Mulan and Tiana are the least popular. This is just judging by sales... for example, the animators. I could be totally wrong. I think it would be odd that Disney would continue this line considering they released the most popular princesses (Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel) in the first line.

For the record, the CMs at my store keep telling people the line will be continued next year but I have no idea if they actually confirmed that or if they just heard a lot of rumors. I for one haven't seen any confirmation. But I can see it happening since the hype is there.

I agree, I do believe that whilst nothing is confirmed, because of all the hype and demand for the next line to be the remaining 5 original princesses then it is probably what will happen.

There is no way anyone knows for sure at this point. I have never heard of a DS manager having such advanced information, ever. I am sure they were talking more from speculation.

However, I don't think its out of the question at all.

CM's sign a confidentiality agreement upon being employed.
In your OP you state that your manager directly told you that they were making a second series....
Then in a second post you say they had just speculated and winked to you that there was a second set..

I hope you understand that by throwing your disney store manager under the bus here saying that "THEY" directly told "YOU" there was GOING to be a second set..
They can be fired, fined and even possibly thrown in jail for breaking the agreement.

You may want to edit your original post, for the sake of your Disney Store manager (God bless them) and if a situation comes up like this again, it may be best to keep it to yourself.

Also, I highly doubt your manager knows for sure that there is a second set in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back