• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come
Pocahontas had better be with John Smith... or else!

She better be with John Smith or nobody. Heck, I'll take Kocoum if need be, BUT not he-who-shall-not-be-named from the 2nd movie <_<

I'm curious how your manager knew already, I mean, did Disney already announce the news to DS store managers? Seems a bit premature to me, but whatever. If it's true I'm okay with that. I really just want to try and get the Aurora pin for a friend of mine ^_^ I'll hold my judgement until I see the outfits...

I find it really interesting that they are sticking with the original 10 princesses again, it would have been great to see a designer Merida and designer Anna and Elsa. To be honest though I dont think this line will do as well as the part 1 line unless they make the dolls look exceptional. I mean the fact that Rapunzel who is one of the more popular princesses took a while to sell out and Snow and Jasmine having moderate success I think the part 2 princesses would all fall in the moderate success box. But then again that would really come down to the look of the dolls.

I mean we all know that this year it went Ariel, Belle, Rapunzel, Jasmine and then Snow in terms of popularity and hype. But for the part 2 set I just couldnt tell who would be popular enough to demand the sales like Ariel and Belle did. Granted Ariel was probably hyped even more by her popularity and Belle because the doll set does look amazing but out of the final five I sort of dont see their sales going anywhere near as crazy as Ariel's did. I think it would be a great idea for Disney to do a part two and I would hate to say it but I dont see Mulan and Pocahontas being fast sellers, in fact they may even suffer the same fate as some of the villains did. To put bluntly I guess that if Disney were to apply the same style, standards and have the same issues with they have had with this year's set with next years I just dont think it will sell very well. Especially since they will be $140 each inclusive of tax.

The main reason being that this year so many people only bought the dolls based on the character or the look of the set and this was so evident by Rapunzel, the doll set was not as amazing as people thought it would be and the fact that she was popular was not enough for most people to justify paying the money for a doll they dont really like. I fear with the next five if Disney does not step up their game this will happen to them as well. Yes there will still be sales but the hype around the collection will not be as big as it was this year. Especially since it will also be a non expo year so there will be even less hype around Disney merchandise because there is no major event to promote it.

That being said if they were to do the remaining five original princesses the following would be awesome:
- Cinderella in her ball gown and the prince depicting what they would look like during the ball scene where they are dancing
- Aurora in her Briar Rose outfit and Philip in his outfit when he found Aurora in the woods
- Tiana and Naveen will be tricky as they were frogs for a majority of the film but I think it would just have to be their outfit at the end of the movie during their wedding scene in Bayou. But I think it would have been a lot more awesome to have Tiana in her 'almost there' outfit and Naveen in his vest and white shirt outfit that he is generally seen in while playing the small guitar.
- Mulan and Shang as mentioned by others above the scene where Mulan is in the traditional garments handing the helmet to Shang, whilst it would be cool for them to be in their warrior outfits and armor it wouldnt really be a fairytale moment and would look more like an action figure type doll.
- Pocahontas and John Smith, unfortunately it would have to be John Smith as most of the sequels are considered non-canon due to their straight to video rather than theatrical releases and they are generally produced by a different studio compared to the usual Disney Animation Studios. Which will also mean that it will just be Pocahontas in her normal tribal outfit and John in his armor maybe depicting the scene where they are with Mother Willow or a Colors in the Wind moment? Either way this will be the trickiest.

I dunno for me I would not be as excited for this set as I would be if they were to do other characters like Merida, Anna, Elsa or even the much anticipated non-princess heroines such as Alice, Meg, Esmerelda etc. But nevertheless I am looking forward to the next designer set regardless of where Disney decides to take it, cant believe it is now another year wait.....

Last edited:
I am very glad it will be another year.....my bank account is in need of a rest! After Anna and Elsa of course ^^

LOL good point, I am so broke after all the shipping costs as well! I def need a break. Also got the PS4 coming up too :S so it wont be until after the new year that I get to start saving up again!

She better be with John Smith or nobody. Heck, I'll take Kocoum if need be, BUT not he-who-shall-not-be-named from the 2nd movie <_<

I'm curious how your manager knew already, I mean, did Disney already announce the news to DS store managers? Seems a bit premature to me, but whatever. If it's true I'm okay with that. I really just want to try and get the Aurora pin for a friend of mine ^_^ I'll hold my judgement until I see the outfits...

But I think Pocahontas is beautiful with him!

But I think Pocahontas is beautiful with him!

I don't know how to describe my reaction, other than I almost spat hot cocoa all over my keyboard!

On the subject of the line though - I am so happy that they are sticking with the original ten! I would love Anna, Elsa, and Merida, but I think that would be better later. If they keep adding princesses like they have been, there will be another full set of five to look forward to later anyway.

I'm most excited for Aurora and Tiana - Personally I expect Aurora to be in her peasant dress. It's the dress she is in the longest in the film (and they went with the blue dress for Ariel so who knows!). I'd be happy with her blue dress too though - heck, I'll just be happy to have a designer Aurora without a hideous updo! Tiana... Well, I want the blue dress, but I'm just so excited for her in general!

Time to start saving up!!

I know it's not exactly the most popular of sequels, but I would love to have a doll of Pocahontas in the white gown with the big elaborate hairstyle. In any case I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do her especially, and also the rest of the Princesses.

Even though I'm planning to have a sabbath year in terms of LE dolls next year, I'm pleased for all you fans of these princesses to have a confirmation for the upcoming line. I really do hope Disney learns lessons from this years couples and puts a bit more thought in the way the dolls are positioned in the box.

I'm gonna end up being really excited for them, aren't I? hahah :D

Here's my thoughts.... I'd love more than anything to have a Cindy in silver and Aurora in blue, BUT I think we will get Briar Rose (which is still awesome!), and another sad Cindy in blue. To me, it's always been more silver in the movie.... Why not give us something different and more movie correct just once? Yes I know in 2011 there was the silver D23, but she certainly wasn't feasible for most of us... Am I right than more folks would love to have CINDERELLA IN SILVER?!?! ;)

Here's my thoughts.... I'd love more than anything to have a Cindy in silver and Aurora in blue, BUT I think we will get Briar Rose (which is still awesome!), and another sad Cindy in blue. To me, it's always been more silver in the movie.... Why not give us something different and more movie correct just once? Yes I know in 2011 there was the silver D23, but she certainly wasn't feasible for most of us... Am I right than more folks would love to have CINDERELLA IN SILVER?!?! ;)

I agree with you on the silver, whilst I think Cinderella's dress is actually white (sorta like a ball/wedding gown) I noticed that Disney tries to stay away from the white, maybe because it looks too much like a wedding dress? I dunno either way I would love it is they did do Cindy in a white or since they have to use a color a silver dress. This would make it more unique. But then again this may clash with the D23 version but if they maybe do a lighter silver I think she would be awesome and would look amazing!

I'm definitely here for at least 3 of these sets! I really hope they increase the edition size though. I don't think this round was that bad online except for ariel (Belle lasted long enough that I think most of us can no problem) but it would be great if my physical store could get more dolls.

I hope Auroras in blue! So I have her original pink designer and a new blue one :) the original designer Auroras dress is so similar to the movie that I think they will do the blue or briar rose outfit or else it will look pretty much the same!
totes agree! Anything but that traditional pink gown we always see her in.

I would love to see Aurora and Phillip! They're one of my favorite couples :)
Mine too! This will be the only doll Ill buy from this collection. The others are movies that I didnt really like. So guess Ill be saving some money. Im pretty sure they will also be doing some LE dolls for Aurora and Maleficent with the movie releases, so Ill be putting money towards those too.

Pheeew!!! Such a relief Mulan managed to make it into the 2nd Collection! Mulan is my favorite princess, and I was really nervous that DS would replace her and Pocahontas with Anna and Elsa and their respective men. I agree with you guys! I want to see Mulan in her blue dress! Shang would carry Mulan's helmet while Mulan would come with the Golden Medallion and Shan Yu's sword! I can totally see this happen, while some may think it would be a lot of accesories, lets not forget Rapunzel had her flowers and lantern while Flynn had his satchel and stolen tiara as accessories! Something like this would be just perfect:

blue+dress+Mulan.gif

Love this. This is just what I'd like to see.

I hope for the pins next year the link fairies will help us out!!! It'll be intense because pin trading is a different ballgame and collectors and sharks can be pretty vicious!

same time next year. Here we go again. Spoke to my manager at the DS yesterday and she spilled. Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana and Poch beginning in September 2014. Pins will be sold online.

Um, dolls have been rumored since D23. Pins more than likely but I am sure that "your" manager knows just as much about them as I do. This is what a CM told me when I told them about this.

And honestly, having now seen how information is handled -- at least at my Disney Store -- that manager would be terminated hands down and be sued by Disney for disclosing confidential information.

I guess I haven't had shared whom gave me the information. The fact that they had a management meeting at WDW at the same time as we were there for the Reflections Of Evil event is how they find out this information.
How the conversation started was this: I'm surprised they only did 5 princesses out of the ten. He: with a wink, I guess we will have to see what next year brings. Me: you know something that I don't know. I brought up Cinderella, Aurora, Tiana, Poch and Mulan missing. Another wink I guess we shall see. Another guest stated her brother is a manager at a Disney Store in another state and he already told her these other five will be released next year. My manager just smiled and shrugged. What would that tell you. I'm certainly not trying to get anyone in trouble.
I guess we wait and see if this rings true.
I do have a question however, is there a D23 event every year in CA or is it every other year?
I can't remember honestly. The original Designer Princess pin set was released in 2011 with the variant Cinderella doll. 2012 was the Designer villains, but released online at the DS. And we already know which was released for 2013. I can't remember a D23 for 2012, or anything special that was released.

Last edited:
I'm very excited for the line next year. I really, really want Aurora, she is in my lineup of favorite princesses ♥ I also think she and Phillip will be the star set for phase 2 because next year we have Sleeping Beauty coming out on BluRay, which will increase her popularity. Also, next year we are most likely getting 17" dolls to be released with the movie, based on that and ho they did the releases this year, I am pretty sure they will leave Aurora and Phillip as the last couple to be released. It will enhance the anticipation being that her movie will be re-released next year and will serve as the grand finally just as Ariel and Eric. Ariel was the most popular one out of this set, besides building anticipation, I believe they purposely left her last so that she would be released after the movie was already released. This creates even more hype. I believe they will do the same thing with Aurora.

However as Polaris mentioned, they need to something spectacular with these dolls because overall the more popular princesses were already released. Not to say that the ones being released next year are not great, but they really do need to step up their game to make the next ones stand out even more. One that I am really looking forward to see what they do with her is Pocahontas. I really hope that instead of having her in her simple tribe outfit that they do something a bit more intricate. I don't think that her tribe outfit all jazzed up will be enough. Years ago they had released a Pocahontas doll in a gorgeous ceremonial gown, I think that for a designer collection, a ceremonial gown would be much more appealing.

I really can't wait to see what they do with them. I am also hoping that Aurora is in her Briar Rose outfit, since she will most likely be in her gown for the 17", I think Disney will mix it up. I doubt we will do the same outfit in 2 different lines being released the same year. It would also be nice to see Tiana in a different outfit as well and Naveen with the guitar as Polaris suggested.

Soooo excited to see what the future holds with these dolls ♥

I believe D23 happens every other year. So no D23 this year, which should also mean that they don't have to set aside preorders for that event. Given no D23 and the fact that these would be Tier 2 princesses from a corporate perspective (not mine, I am giddy at the thought of a Mulan set), I am cautiously optimistic.

ETA: I think Aurora will be the last set released too. She's my favorite 'classic' princess, and I'm looking forward to the LE 17" doll as well as her couples set. I'm not sure how popular she is compared to the dolls release this time around though.

I think their most popular princess is Ariel by far, and I'd gauge that Belle is their second most popular. We'll have to see if they can build the anticipation up to Aurora the same way. I'm guessing they use Cinderella second last to build up to Aurora, or Cinderella first to start off the collection. I have to say I'm surprised that Rapunzel didn't do better in terms of sell out time. I'm not sure if that was because of her doll (bad positioning in box), her position as second in this line up (the sell out time got faster and faster) or her overall popularity (which I thought was actually quite high). Belle and Ariel are likely to hit the sweet spot of being very popular with children and adult collectors alike though, whereas Rapunzel is still too new to have a decades long following.

Last edited:
I have to have Aurora and Phillip!! And if they stick with the theme of "falling in love" then Aurora should be in her Briar Rose dress and Phillip should be in his woodland outfit (with a cape!). As much as I want Aurora in blue, for this collection I'd honestly rather see their peasant outfits because they're so rarely done. Plus, if they do LE dolls, those are more likely to be their final, fancy outfits.

Cindy is the other one I'll be looking for.... I agree with others that in the film her gown is very light and bridal-y, silver in the light with white puffs but lighter blue in the dark. I'd love to see her in an all silver gown because I think it'd be stunning. I have hope that at least it won't be blue-on-blue because the classic doll this year had white puffs not blue.

Not as interested in these but if Mulan were in her final outfit (with short hair!), and Tiana were in either her blue dress or her church wedding dress, those have the potential to be amazing dolls!

Since you guys are right, that the more popular princesses were already done this time around, they may just lower the edition size. I could see 4,000 being a fair number for the dolls left. I mean, if you think Disney worries about selling them all in a day or so. Otherwise I think it's fine if they sit in the warehouse for a couple weeks with an edition of 6,000.

I will for sure be buying Aurora, and hopefully us UKers will get a chance at the pins this time.

Well, personally, I need to recover from this year's designer set soooo I think I will not worry until they get here! I'm just going to start saving now! Well...after I pay off all the ones I bought so far...

Personally I won't be going for any of them. I got my three favorites BATB, Rapunzel and Flynn, Ariel & Eric.
I'm hoping Frozen will be released next winter with a 17" Elsa and Anna doll or is it Anya?

I agree with you on the silver, whilst I think Cinderella's dress is actually white (sorta like a ball/wedding gown) I noticed that Disney tries to stay away from the white, maybe because it looks too much like a wedding dress? I dunno either way I would love it is they did do Cindy in a white or since they have to use a color a silver dress. This would make it more unique. But then again this may clash with the D23 version but if they maybe do a lighter silver I think she would be awesome and would look amazing!

Oh exactly! A white would be awesome too! I was thinking if they do silver they can add metallic silver thread embellishments and crystal rhinestones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back