• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New PTD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
76210270-7D67-4B0F-91CE-F0D550BBE798-23585-0000109B7668680E.jpg

Is it just me not paying attention or are these being released almost daily? Is a new one released as soon as the old one sells out?

as soon as one sells out a new one is out right away, Last year it got delayed for a while as they didnt expect them to sell out so fast..

I hate living in California and still being too far :lol: /sigh

Seriously right?! And I hate actually having stuff I need to take care of right now otherwise I'd go get this pin :( ughh what with is up w/ these PTDs disappearing so fast?? I just went up to DSF last night on a fluke and managed to be one of the last ppl in line at the ice cream counter before they closed and got my 2 *whew*

.... ::looks around:: ok who's hoarding these things?!? lol

if the Kevin ptd comes out tomorrow I'll be so pissed bc I have internship tomorrow so there will be no way for me to get it if it comes out. Ahhhh these stupid PTDs are making me paranoid.

Well there's a lot of flippers here that buy mass quantities each day to sell. The better the pin the more they'll get. Rapunzel was gone right away. Then people bought the Stitch up hoping to get to Kevin. Then white rabbit kinda dwindled a few days. Then a Jessica, high profit so it went quick. Now a decent Alice. She'll last two or three days I think. But she'll sell out before the weekend or during. All the resellers camp out in the evenings when it's close to try and see if a good one is coming so they can buy 10 that night and 10 more the next day. Just last night I got there at like 8:40pm, 20 minutes before they closed and I saw 2 groups of 6 people leaving that all got 2 each, so that was 24 pins, most for resale, and I bet they came back this morning to get more. Then when Jessica went, they could get 2 each again because it's a new pin. Usually the winter is the slower time because the ice cream is sold less often in colder weather. This week was about as cold as any I can remember in L.A. with ice on my car twice. But the PTD's are flying outta site!

Pin trader delights are quickly becoming the next marquee craze but at a far lower value. More and more people are collecting them as the pins get better and better. The older ones are getting harder and harder to get and the newer ones are either worthless because resellers compete for the lowest price to move them or they are more expensive becaue it's a popular character and they jack it up. All just to turn the wheel to the next one. DSF has mentioned they will raise the price, PTD's are the only thing on the menu or at the store that hasn't gone up in price. They just stopped allowing people to use the $5 off coupons meant for movie patrons because the pin people were abusing them. Now they say they will go from $12.95 to $14.95. I bet with the political climate (medical insurance costs) and increased taxes we'll see that price hike sooner than later.

So... I've never bought a PTD pin, but this one is beyond adorable. Can anyone tell me what a fair ebay price for this would be? Right now I only see one for $30 not including shipping, which seems kinda steep... is that actually a good price? (not exactly a newbie on here, but basically one when it comes to pins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back