• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Off White Elephant Exchange Game for Christmas....Steal Shamelessly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off White Elephant Exchange Game for Christmas....Steal Shamelessly!!!
Also since you go last technically, whatever you take can't be stolen from you since nobody else steals after you go :)

Is that even true? If you steal from someone, that person can steal from someone else (not you), but the person that they steal from is then free to steal from you (unless your pin is locked down) right?

Okay folks # 12 is:
Pin 83709: Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's The Jungle Book

Here is the scene I received. I am asking for a closer scene from the member but as you can see both characters are facing forward.
The trade/want ratio is 64/188

Is that even true? If you steal from someone, that person can steal from someone else (not you), but the person that they steal from is then free to steal from you (unless your pin is locked down) right?

I believe that is true since the only thing you can't steal is the pin that was directly stolen from you :)

I'm guessing each person only goes once unless their pick is stolen?

Yup :) At least I think that's correct.

Last edited:
It should be fun seeing how this goes...whenever I've played this game before, it was the players who locked (ie. each person could only steal 2 or 3 times) rather than the gifts.

I'm not involved so it doesn't really matter, but if the last person to go (Anna) steals from person B (Brian), and then Brian is now free to take the last pin available OR steal, right? So say they steal from person C (Courtney). Now Courtney is free to steal anything that isn't locked down including the pin that Anna originally stole from Brian, right?

So going last (or second to last in our case) doesn't necessarily mean you can steal whatever you want and no one can take it back from you unless you are the second person to steal it and therefore it is locked down.

Ok, my brain is hurting and it probably won't come up so feel free to ignore me :)

kupo1121 said:
I believe that is true since the only thing you can steal is the pin that was directly stolen from you :)

Yup :) At least I think that's correct.

Wha...you can only steal the same pin that was stolen from you? That doesn't make much sense...I think if your pin is stolen, you can steal from anyone except a locked down one. Right?

Ok, my brain is hurting and it probably won't come up so feel free to ignore me :)

This is true, but if you are last you can easily prevent that by choosing the last random pin or picking any pin that has been stolen once (there should be a hefty number of stolen once pins towards the end)

Wha...you can only steal the same pin that was stolen from you? That doesn't make much sense...I think if your pin is stolen, you can steal from anyone except a locked down one. Right?

Typo, I try "cant" on my phone without the apostrophe and it auto-corrected to just "can."

Echo, you have two white elephant gifts:
Pin 78636: DSF - Beloved Tales Series - Alice in Wonderland

pin78636

Pin 91067: DSF - Beloved Tales - A Bug's Life

pin91067

Right kupo the ranfomnizer was like put apl the teebs back more.

lol I'm confused, do you mean like teenagers? I meant like, I can't wait until we get to the teens (thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen) because I'm in the teens so my turn will be sooner once we get there :)

EDIT: It say Angel posted most recently but I don't see the post, does anyone else? I'm so curious as to what pin is posted :anxious:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back