• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls
The dolls look pretty good I guess. I love the detailing on Regina! I know the dolls always look better in person than photos, I think it's harder to take a picture of a doll when it resembles a person imo. When I took pictures of my le live action Cinderella, it's hard to make her look good on camera especially when her shine becomes exaggerated in photos.

Disney's milking of edition sizes is just getting tiring to be honest, between OUAT being LE 300 and Wedding Ella being LE 500?!? It's so dumb and unfair to collectors. I think these new OUAT dolls are lovely, but not THAT lovely. I guess that's a good thing or I'd be broke.

I've stopped watching once upon a time a long time ago. I think it's because when I heard frozen was going to be on it, I felt like the show was just milking off the success, and for some reason it felt commercial to me, oh well. The dolls look good nonetheless. I just think the Regina doll looks old and too defined.i wonder how they sculpt the dolls to look like the actors, I wonder if they scan the actor's head, or if they try their best with computer models.:werd:

Disney's milking of edition sizes is just getting tiring to be honest, between OUAT being LE 300 and Wedding Ella being LE 500?!? It's so dumb and unfair to collectors. I think these new OUAT dolls are lovely, but not THAT lovely. I guess that's a good thing or I'd be broke.

I feel the exact same way! It's very unfair. I can't afford to spend crazy amounts of money. I know I would if I could but it's wrong. I always think-wouldn't Disney make more money in their own pocket if they increased the edition sizes? I know a lot of people would buy Wedding Cinderella even at $500. Clearly, because many people bought her for $2000.
I'm already seeing the ONCE dolls go for exorbitant amounts of money. The most recent ones on eBay are up to $530 with six days still left. That's more than retail for Wedding Cindy and she was 17" and much more detailed with sturdier packaging.
It makes me so sad. I really love these Once Upon a Time dolls but I can't spend that much. We don't even know their retail value!

I totally agree. Seasons One and Two wee great, but after that it went waaaaay downhill. The Oz storyline was cheesy and unispired, and the SECOND they lost their creativity and blatantly capitalized on Frozen I was SO out. It's just dumb to me now.

I've stopped watching once upon a time a long time ago. I think it's because when I heard frozen was going to be on it, I felt like the show was just milking off the success, and for some reason it felt commercial to me, oh well. The dolls look good nonetheless. I just think the Regina doll looks old and too defined.i wonder how they sculpt the dolls to look like the actors, I wonder if they scan the actor's head, or if they try their best with computer models.:werd:

I don't think Disney should increase the edition sizes. If they increase the edition size too much, they may not sell out as fast. Besides, I feel like if they increase the edition size too much, it won't feel as special because when I get an le doll, I feel excited and happy that I'm one of the few people that are lucky enough to have that rare doll.

I totally agree. Seasons One and Two wee great, but after that it went waaaaay downhill. The Oz storyline was cheesy and unispired, and the SECOND they lost their creativity and blatantly capitalized on Frozen I was SO out. It's just dumb to me now.

I still love Once Upon a Time. The first season is still easily the best overall, and it has lost some of that magic and creativity as the series has gone on (especially in parts of this last season), but its still an engaging and entertaining show. The Frozen arc was obviously added in to help gain attention and views, but at least it was well written and well acted.

I am starting to worry that these dolls really are gonna be D23 exclusive. The way the boxes are designed and how they are made out of that cheap plastic still makes me think we will be getting a mass produced collection of dolls for the Disney Store, but I think they will be in different outfits. Which is REALLY disappointing, because the dress Regina is in is easily my favorite dress that she wears in the show. I really hope this isn't the case, but I am starting to worry that it might be.

For all the flak OUAT received when they announced they were doing a Frozen arc, it was one of the higher moments of the series post-Oz (which was pretty terrible by comparison). It's not my favorite storyline the show has ever done, but it managed to flesh out the new characters in a way that didn't capitalize off Disney's version while still giving the main cast's storylines priority, which I think is pretty impressive. :)

As for the dolls, I really hope they aren't D23 exclusive and there will be more of Regina and Snow than 300 dolls each. I LOVE Regina's outfit and Snow's wedding dress is so iconic. I'm predicting there will be at least dolls of Regina, Snow, Emma, Belle, and MAYBE Zelena and some other big recurring characters, but whether they're LE or not I'm not sure. I can't wait until Disney announces what they're planning.

I agree, those outfits are iconic and it would be a disservice to ALL Once Upon a Time fans to deny them those outfits. Seriously.

I don't care so much about having a "rare" doll that no one else has. I just love having a doll I think is beautiful and that reminds me of something I love -a movie, a TV show, a piece of literature or even a memory. I want these dolls because they are beautiful and I loved Season One of OUaT so dearly.

I hope these get mass produced separately for all the Oncers who have been patiently waiting for them.

If Disney made these LE300 because they weren't sure they would sell well, just look at the ebay listing which is up to $710 now with 5 days left. That is insane. Clearly fans want these dolls, in these outfits.

Last edited:
huh... well i'm going to be the negative nancy for the day.
i thought they were standard releases, nothing about them really scream LE (and i bought and liked the 3rd wave frozen LEs so my standard is already lower than most)
maybe i just need to see them in person...

and yikes Snow looks nothing like her real life counterpart: the hair's wrong, the dress looks like a cheap knockoff of the original and honestly why even make a doll of that character if you're just gonna make her into another skinny barbie? i mean they made a new body mold for LE ursula so it's not like they can't do it.
maybe the low edition size plays a part in the decision making process but then it just goes back to why not make emma swan a doll instead? why pick a character who isn't the skinny chick that we're all accustomed to in media if you're going to make her doll into just that?

/rant

D23 is letting people start camping out to enter the expo at 10:30pm the night before, so I think I'm going to pass on even trying to get these dolls or the Elsa/Hans set. There's no way I am sleeping on a convention floor while I am paying for a hotel room and after spending money to fly across the country. And the rest of the expo would be ruined for me because I'd be exhausted. Besides, I could do all that and not get the dolls anyway. I really want these, but well, I'll live.

I think with LE expo items like these (items that are only 300-500 LE) they should implement some type of raffle system that people could enter. They could spread it out over the three days. That would give everyone a fair and equal chance and eliminate people having to wait in massive lines. It would also deter people who just want to purchase a bunch of stuff for resale. Perhaps it would not be plausible with the massive number of people that come to the expo, but maybe it could be computer generated based on ticket or something. Just a thought.

D23 is letting people start camping out to enter the expo at 10:30pm the night before, so I think I'm going to pass on even trying to get these dolls or the Elsa/Hans set. There's no way I am sleeping on a convention floor while I am paying for a hotel room and after spending money to fly across the country. And the rest of the expo would be ruined for me because I'd be exhausted. Besides, I could do all that and not get the dolls anyway. I really want these, but well, I'll live.

I think with LE expo items like these (items that are only 300-500 LE) they should implement some type of raffle system that people could enter. They could spread it out over the three days. That would give everyone a fair and equal chance and eliminate people having to wait in massive lines. It would also deter people who just want to purchase a bunch of stuff for resale. Perhaps it would not be plausible with the massive number of people that come to the expo, but maybe it could be computer generated based on ticket or something. Just a thought.

That's such an amazing idea! That is exactly why I don't think I'd want to go to the expos-all those long lines and not even a guarantee of getting the product. :( I think a raffle would definitely make the expo more entertaining for people who want to go, and I'm sure that if Disney can keep track of MagicBands, Fast Passes, and even fingerprint IDs at their parks they could probably handle a ticketing process at D23. :)

That's such an amazing idea! That is exactly why I don't think I'd want to go to the expos-all those long lines and not even a guarantee of getting the product. :( I think a raffle would definitely make the expo more entertaining for people who want to go, and I'm sure that if Disney can keep track of MagicBands, Fast Passes, and even fingerprint IDs at their parks they could probably handle a ticketing process at D23. :)

Not really because the Anaheim Convention Center is not owned by Disney. You should read what happened at D23 2013. Crazy crazy stuff.

Not really because the Anaheim Convention Center is not owned by Disney. You should read what happened at D23 2013. Crazy crazy stuff.

It would seem as if Disney would control what happens to their own merchandise though.

I think it every time theirs a D23 what a waste of time and money! Who in their right mind would camp outside for a doll! And miss all the panels and the other stuff going on. I couldn't do it, I don't think I would camp outside over night for anything tbh.

I think it every time theirs a D23 what a waste of time and money! Who in their right mind would camp outside for a doll! And miss all the panels and the other stuff going on. I couldn't do it, I don't think I would camp outside over night for anything tbh.

I would have been willing to wait a few hours before opening but not this. It is annoying that D23 is allowing an overnight line-up this year. (And people will be camping outside for panels too.) If the expo ends up being too much of a hassle, I will probably just leave and go to Disneyland... (where I can go and wait in more lines. LOL)

Last edited:
For those of you going to comic con, Funko will be selling an exclusive Once Upon a Time POP figure of Regina! The Disney Limited Edition Dolls tumblr page shared this, so I figured I would share it here for Once fans that are going to comic con.
tumblr_nq8xinGOTd1tp9tvoo1_500.jpg

So those dolls went for $910 on eBay. I wanted them pretty badly but that price makes me feel better about not having them. That is straight up living money not doll money-for me at this point in my life.

Pretty despicable of Disney to make such lusted after and long awaited for dolls have one of the lowest edition numbers ever. Yuck. I feel like Disney doesn't care about Once and doll fans. If the bottom line is their priority, surely they put more money in their own pocket when the edition size is higher and sells out. Like the most recent Frozen 17" dolls.

Last edited:
So those dolls went for $910 on eBay. I wanted them pretty badly but that price makes me feel better about not having them. That is straight up living money not doll money-for me at this point in my life.

Pretty despicable of Disney to make such lusted after and long awaited for dolls have one of the lowest edition numbers ever. Yuck. I feel like Disney doesn't care about Once and doll fans. If the bottom line is their priority, surely they put more money in their own pocket when the edition size is higher and sells out. Like the most recent Frozen 17" dolls.

They went for THAT much? Dang...someone clearly wanted those dolls. But yeah I totally agree that Disney really dropped the ball on this one. I can almost guarantee that we are still getting mass produced Once Upon a Time dolls, but I can't help but worry that these two designs will stay D23 exclusives. Such a shame too, especially when they are arguably the most iconic designs for Snow and Regina. That Regina doll is everything that I have wanted in a ONCE doll since the first season ended, so hopefully they end up getting mass produced.

Didn't Disney release a D23 Frozen set at the last expo that had the exact same dolls (same outfits, etc.) released individually later in the stores? Was there anything different from the expo edition and the store versions? I would really regret paying that much money and then come to find the same dolls are released later in the stores. And from what I understand, the dolls on eBay didn't even have a COA (it was blank)--- they were display dolls, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back