• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

PecosWill

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
We were told that the Piece of Movie History pin series would end in December 2012 at the PTN in WDW. Burbank will not provide them any more films.

The concluding films will be:

The Lion King
Steamboat Willie
Mulan
The Lonesome Ghosts
Beauty and the Beast
Pluto's Christmas Tree

Supposedly there has been a great deal of conflict between the pin designers/developers and the folks at the Burbank Studio.

Last edited:
Is this is true...that's unfortunate. :( I was really hoping to eventually get one for every princess movie...and was ESPECIALLY hoping for a Sleeping Beauty PODM in the future.

I'm happy that at least there is going to be a Beauty and the beast one! but it is unfortunate to hear that they're ending the series :(

Well now there would be no more crazy fun of waiting in line for hours, watching people hit each other,rip pins out of little kids' hands, and yelling at cast members... awwwwwwwwww....

;)

They've done every other princess from the original 6 line up... I feel like it would only make sense to have Sleeping Beauty be the last one or one of the lasts with BatB.

I was told that originally Sleeping Beauty was planned for December 2011, but Burbank would not provide the film and so they replaced it with Sword and the Stone.

This is great news! I really like these pins but what a pain in the you know where to get them every month. But too bad we won't have Up, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Sleeping Beauty, Brave, Nightmare, etc.

Sad (because the majority of my favorites will never be made) and a little happy (because I won't have to worry about this every month any more).
I don't collect it separately, but I am pretty excited for BATB!!

NO! I hope that changes! Don't get me wrong, it is a pain to try and get these pins but they are so lovely. :( I hope they do make more...

I really need Mulan when it comes out. I have mixed feelings about this decision. I'd really love to see my other favourite films as PODMs, but at the same time I'm glad there won't be any more that I'll have to get!! I already can't afford Tangled.

So...what exactly is the issue again? I thought Disney owned everything and so it isn't an issue to make the pins? Is getting and cutting the physical films an issue?

That's awful to hear, I was so looking forward to Lilo and Stitch!! :( Well at least there was an Aladdin, and I'll definitely need Steamboat Willie and Mulan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back