• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins
Pluto's Christmas Tree was one of my favorites growing up, but I don't get why they would choose to use a cartoon short for a POMH....

because Burbank does'nt want 2 give out sleeping beauty... I think they are having a hard time giving out beauty and the beast,Mulan and lion king but I geuss sleeping beauty is where they draw the line! ha ha!

Last edited:
I wonder if we're going to hear more information on the series ending or if they're hoping it will die down and people will forget.

I think that Disney Pin product developers are just as upset about this as you and I. They are at the mercy of the "Burbank" guys. And they had no problem telling anyone who would ask or just listen.

I like the cartoons with the classic characters. I think they will be great. I am really excited to get a Chip N Dale from Pluto's Christmas Tree. And of course a really good angry Donald from Lonesome Ghosts. Gotta have Mickey at the wheel from Steamboat Willie too.

Last edited:
because Burbank does'nt want 2 give out sleeping beauty... I think they are having a hard time giving out beauty and the beast,Mulan and lion king but I geuss sleeping beauty is where they draw the line! ha ha!

It sucks that that's where they draw it... *cry, cry, cry*

And although it's no replacement for me personally, I'd still love to get BatB and/or Pluto's Christmas Tree.

Are we positive this is true?

Anyway this is pretty upsetting, how many more pins could Disney take away from us? Is DSF going to be the last place to get rare pins or will they be ending that soon too? grr this makes me angry :(

I guess its a good thing i just nabbed the Little Mermaid one for $35 on Ebay. Since this will be ending, less people are going to be opted to sell or trade or they will list them extremely high.

So...what exactly is the issue again? I thought Disney owned everything and so it isn't an issue to make the pins? Is getting and cutting the physical films an issue?

ditto! "burbank" is WDI correct? so how can there be a conflict. Perhaps there are other reasons and this is just whats in circulation?

Can one of our many CMs chime in please?

I am sure that they will replace this collection with something else that will cause everyone to go crazy.

I'm kind of bummed about this. I was hoping to see some live action movies. Would have loved a scene of Mary Poppins, Jack Sparrow, or Davy Jones. Maybe even some Avengers scenes.

No Burbank is Walt Disney Studios. WDI is Walt Disney Imagineering.

both are disney, so whats the conflict, why cant disney studios continue doing film cells for disney pins released at disney parks for disney fans to buy? its not like they have to do pixar films. legit question... CCan anyone else from the WDW PTN confirm this is happening?

I'm both sad and relieved to read that the series is ending. I knew I wanted it (the first year, anyway) from the moment I saw the prototype for the first one at the 2010 PTN at DLR. It's so stressful for everyone to get them now, though. I am VERY lucky that I have my *connection* since I moved out of SoCal who will get me one every month. I am SO grateful!

To add to Clara9271's comment: There are many companies with the Disney name, but they are still separate business entities, which is most likely why the Disney Burbank Studios can say "yea" or "nay" to using filmstrips in the pins, even though they're still Disney films.

In reading all the posts, I find it interesting what people want/wanted for upcoming pins. I can see being disappointed in the choices using shorts, but to me, how can you hate on Steamboat Willie? That's SUCH a classic, part of Disney AND even general film history! I don't see a problem with them using shorts--the series is Piece of Movie History--not Piece of Full Feature Movies exclusively. And based on that, I would've liked one for "Plane Crazy," but whatever! I am very, very happy that they released pins of two of my faves: Toy Story and Monsters, Inc. I think ALL of the pins have had beautiful designs, even if they featured movies I've never seen (what? sacrilege! LOL).

Well now there would be no more crazy fun of waiting in line for hours, watching people hit each other,rip pins out of little kids' hands, and yelling at cast members... awwwwwwwwww....
Sure there will, it'll just be for some *other* series! That's part of Disney pin history, too... :naughty:

Last edited:
Sorry, was never a fan... Saw this and expressed my feelings perfectly..

1284408_o.gif

I think what makes me sad is that news like this will only make getting the rst of these virtually impossible/a nightmare.

I was gonig to go for the Lion King but I think I'm going to give up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back