• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins
Very sad about this news. They were lovely pins and had lots of possible films to do. At least they did the majority of the popular films though, and Beauty and the Beast is still to come. I wouldn't have wanted it over a lot of other things, but I do think the Pluto's Christmas Tree will make for a nice pin/cell selection.

Yes it is true last night at PTN we asked what 2013 brings and they said no more will be made.
Are we positive this is true?

Anyway this is pretty upsetting, how many more pins could Disney take away from us? Is DSF going to be the last place to get rare pins or will they be ending that soon too? grr this makes me angry :(

Sorry, was never a fan... Saw this and expressed my feelings perfectly..

1284408_o.gif

tumblr_m69i8p7LvR1qjm5vqo1_400.gif

(just in good fun AJC--i love a gif)

No Sleeping Beauty ???

I am trying to see this in a positive light and in that case I should be happy because I won't go crazy trying to get every scene :lol:

But, why would they exclude my beloved damselle and include them flaming ghosts ??? Who cares about them really ??

I'll throw this out there, not sure if it is an issue or not. Sleeping Beauty was originally released at 70mm, and I found something on the internet that the re-releases in the 70s and 80's were also primarily 70mm. Maybe Disney primarily has 70mm copies and not a lot of 35mm versions of Sleeping Beauty to cut up? 70mm film is twice as big, so to use that would require major reworking of the pin, and it wouldn't match the rest of the series.

PecosWill said:
We were told that the Piece of Movie History pin series would end in December 2012 at the PTN in WDW. Burbank will not provide them any more films.

The concluding films will be:

The Lion King
Steamboat Willie
Mulan
The Lonesome Ghosts
Beauty and the Beast
Pluto's Christmas Tree

Supposedly there has been a great deal of conflict between the pin designers/developers and the folks at the Burbank Studio.

OMG and thank you. I was seriously selling and stocking up pins so I can trade or buy the PODM UP if it came out. Such a relief!! Imagine the mail box scene?

I will be there in the crazy line for BATB. Hmmm. Now what scenes would be the, hate to say it, MONEY scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bummer they will stop after this year since these are the only pins I've really been collecting lately. I was hoping for Sleeping Beauty, Aristocats, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, and Robin Hood but didnt even think of them doing Plutos Christmas Tree which was a fave growing up. Hope they do the scene where they are hiding by the Santa candles & have on the Santa hat & beard-sooo cute!

What ist with:

Hunchback, Black Cauldron, The Rescuers, Petes Dragon and many more.........

Last edited:
I expected a Sleeping Beauty last year. I also understood that his year's pins were going to be Pixar but I guess that was wrong. Anyway maybe this is good because when they go on forever it's so much harder all the way around! It would be like the Sorcerer hats or the Paris PTN's, no end! Just trying to make the best of it!

I am sad to hear this news... However, I am happy that I will be saving another $50 a month. All these changes Disney has made has saved me a TON of money. No more Monday midnight pin releases (relieved that I can actually sleep now) and spending $100-200 each week on the things... Crummy pin of the month pins... No more POMH pins... Maybe I can make it down to the park more often to trade at the tables now hahahaha.

hopemax said:
I'll throw this out there, not sure if it is an issue or not. Sleeping Beauty was originally released at 70mm, and I found something on the internet that the re-releases in the 70s and 80's were also primarily 70mm. Maybe Disney primarily has 70mm copies and not a lot of 35mm versions of Sleeping Beauty to cut up? 70mm film is twice as big, so to use that would require major reworking of the pin, and it wouldn't match the rest of the series.

I imagine they would just export the digital version of the film onto 35mm. Shouldn't have been a problem. Now we'll never know, lol.

It would have been nice to know that they were not planning on doing all of the Disney movies... I had such a great idea to showcase all of the Disney movies with the PODMs in the order that the Movies themselves were released but it looks like thats not going to happen... Now what am I going to do with the PODMs of movies that I don't collect? That is all of the PODMs except for Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan.

Such a bummer!!!!! :(

Since merchandise is in planning from 12 - 18 months in advance of actual release, this decision was made a long time ago.

The Pin Developers might have believed that Burbank would give them more footage. There could be Prototypes sitting over in the Pin Offices. Just think. And Dream.

wow I cant believe hey are ending this . . . such an easy money maker for them - and out of the three non movie ones - i am most excited about putos xmas - as that is my FAVORITE disney cartoon lol . . . I hope I can get a c n d wearing the santa beards lol .. .

But very surprised to hear this - I really thought they would do this for at least one or two more years.

As someone that will never get a legit chance to buy these. I am not sad.

That being sad. Any chance that I get a PODM when I am at WDW August 10-12?

Bummer they will stop after this year since these are the only pins I've really been collecting lately. I was hoping for Sleeping Beauty, Aristocats, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, and Robin Hood but didnt even think of them doing Plutos Christmas Tree which was a fave growing up. Hope they do the scene where they are hiding by the Santa candles & have on the Santa hat & beard-sooo cute!

Hahahaha I posted without reading all of the threads - but Great minds Tracy :0)

It would have been nice to know that they were not planning on doing all of the Disney movies... I had such a great idea to showcase [them]

I am in a similar situation. I already bought a baseball display case, which would've held 12 PODMs.

I collected only the Pixar PODMs. I hoped they would release Toy Story through Cars 2, which would be 12 movies for my display case. Then if they did Brave, I was just going to put it in my Brave frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back