• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins
WT.......

Customer: Hi, what is the PODM for December?

Disney: Some random Pluto cartoon virtually nobody has ever heard of. Have a magical day!

Customer: What? That's strange.....what is the one for January?

Disney: There isn't one. Have a magical day!

Customer: What?!?! Is it delayed or something?

Disney: No, they are ending. Have a magical day!

Customer: Wait....WHAT?!?! So no LILO and Stitch? No Sleeping Beauty? No Brave? No Up? No Wall-E? No Pocahontas? No Fox and the Hound?

Disney: Nope. Have a magical day!

Customer: But why?!?!? People love these pins!

Disney: Oh, Disney egos are worth far more than the guaranteed $50k revenues per month and disappointment of guests. Have a magical day!

Customer: Ok....I guess I'll save all of the money I was prepared to hand over to you..... :lurk:

thats cruddy..... I dont understand why Burbank wont give certain films to be made, when they gave others. Doesnt make much sense.... Just watch the prices skyrocket on ebay!
Im disappointed, but, it had to end sometime... maybe they will come up with a really cool collectible monthly pin set

Possibly switching to new digital media where you buy the frame for $200 and then individual scene modules for $50. If you want the battery packs that power the frame so you can view your removable modules, you can buy those directly from Disney for the nominal fee of $75. The battery recharge kit will only cost a mere $40.

Please note that the removable scene modules will be keyed and will only work with the matching viewing frame.

This could possibly be the future of PODM releases ;)

JUly= Lion King
August= steamboat willie
Sept= mulan
Oct=lonestone ghost
Nov= Beauty n the beast :)
Dec= plutos xmas
they said there is not enough to make another yr of cells

There is so many princess pins coming out I am gonna be broke

if they're talking about not having enough films... they have enough feature length films for at least 2 more years if you take out the ones on their list. AND that's ignoring things like Fantasia 2000, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, TS2 &3, Cars 2 and The Three Caballeros. just saying.

Man this news just killed it for me. This was one of the sets i really wanted to start collecting too. Guess I'll just have to settle for whats out now and whats left to come out.

Possibly switching to new digital media where you buy the frame for $200 and then individual scene modules for $50. If you want the battery packs that power the frame so you can view your removable modules, you can buy those directly from Disney for the nominal fee of $75. The battery recharge kit will only cost a mere $40.

I've seen these before very pricey though

Olzewski has some cool miniatures that light up "like a PODM". They have the, at the parks.

That is very sad. I was hoping for Sleeping Beauty and Fantasia 2000. A little funny the Christmas Pluto cartoon they choose. I would loved it if they had done Babes in Toyland. (I know it is live action, but they could of done the toys coming to life part.)

January--Sleeping Beauty
February--Fox and the Hound
March--Robin Hood
April--Pocahontas
May--Up
June--Princess and the Frog
July--Wall-E
August--Tarzan
September--Hercules
October--Lilo and Stitch
November--Ratatouille
December--It's a bug's life

See, Disney? You have more than enough for another year.

Man, Steamboat Willie, the lonesome ghost, and pluto's xmas are lame choices. If they had chosen Sleeping Beauty, Up, and Pocahontas I could have been okay with the series ending.

January--Sleeping Beauty
March--Robin Hood
April--Pocahontas
May--Up
July--Wall-E
August--Tarzan
September--Hercules
October--Lilo and Stitch
November--Ratatouille

Man, Steamboat Willie, the lonesome ghost, and pluto's xmas are lame choices. If they had chosen Sleeping Beauty, Up, and Pocahontas I could have been okay with the series ending.
this would have been my dream year </3 I am sooooo sad.

Yeah... for December too bad they couldn't do "A Christmas carol" (yay scrooge haha) because I definitely haven't seen this Pluto short/ movie. Or NBC would have been great too! I had no idea that they even needed permission from the studios at Burbank (like why Tangled and not Princess and the Frog?) :/ I just hope these pins won't sky rocket since they're ending :(

[video=youtube_share;BBgghnQF6E4]http://youtu.be/BBgghnQF6E4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;PVF5QK2uPMk]http://youtu.be/PVF5QK2uPMk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;jKVuL6xi8Rk]http://youtu.be/jKVuL6xi8Rk[/video]

I'm so so so sad about this. :-( I was just starting to collect these. :-( Though I am SO HAPPY that they are doing Beauty and the Beast!!!!!!!!! I would have been so mad if they hadn't. But I'm prepared that that one will be crazy!!!!!!!

I want the Beauty and the Beast also. Not sure if I would be able to make it that day to get it when they come out so I may get someone here to help me out.

You folks are going to hate me but Yay! no PATF cars or wall e i have to get... however i might get Beauty and the beast if this the case,

January--Sleeping Beauty
March--Robin Hood
April--Pocahontas
May--Up
July--Wall-E
August--Tarzan
September--Hercules
October--Lilo and Stitch
November--Ratatouille

This would be an awesome year but replace bugs life with the nightmare before christmas!:p ha ha!

What I don't understand is why everyone is complaining about steamboat willie and the lonsome ghosts? I love those cartoons and think they are amazing!! They are classics! :)

January--Sleeping Beauty
March--Robin Hood
April--Pocahontas
May--Up
July--Wall-E
August--Tarzan
September--Hercules
October--Lilo and Stitch
November--Ratatouille

Don't forget Aristocats! I was hoping for Aristocats, Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty and Hercules.

I wonder if we're going to hear more information on the series ending or if they're hoping it will die down and people will forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back