• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Piece of Movie History Pins
I hear this 50k profit figure - does anybody know the true per piece cost out of China on these? I was figuring maybe $3....

50k is the profit when not considering the amount it cost to make and ship the pin. I suspect the actual profit is around 35k to 40k.

Yes the profit margin is probably not big enough first off all they have to take reals from the us and then send them to china then make custom backing cards hand insert each cell do pin on pin on pin and then send pins back over seas and once they get here they have to distribute to disney world then fly the rest to dlr and then the extra man hours for the releases the people that have to work overnight to watch us to make sure we don't get rowdy. And don't think Disney does not watch eBay and scour prices that have been released. I actually know a few cast members whose job is to see wage released Disney items sell for. And at tops the profit is 25 to 30 thousand per release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back