• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rc punzel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think that asking price is insanity for sure but good luck to everyone who makes an offer! Hopefully he gets what he needs to fix his car too :)

It's my holiest of holy grails!!!
I think I would stop pin collecting if I ever got this pin. There would be no point in owning anything else.
Submitted an offer and seller declined.
Please excuse me while I go cry my eyes out :cry:

That price is more likely to make more people quit collecting... well, more like quit trying to collect tangled... its the big mean green greed monster.

Yep, that definitely swayed me and my little sister away from Tangled. The good news though, is that nobody has to buy a $5200 pin. If no one buys the pin, the seller can either keep it or lower the price. I can't really judge the seller though. $5200 is a TON of money, but if someone has the money to buy it then so be it. The seller isn't really forcing anyone to buy it or holding a gun to anybody's head.

And like someone else mentioned, I'm guessing the $5200 is just a random number the seller threw out there. There are a few pending offers still, so I'm guessing the seller is waiting for the highest one. Haha this seller isn't me btw. I WISH I had a Rapunzel R/C. I'd trade it for my little sister's grails :p

If indeed this person is just trying to get as much as they can for it than why not have a real auction, start it off at .99 cents and see where the bidding goes. That's the only way to get as much as you can for it, and the only way to determine it's real value. This $5200 thing is BS. I don't care what kind of financial situation they're in, it's greedy and it's cutthroat and indeed asking for $5 shipping on top of it is so absurd it's hysterical.

Yes! The $4.99 shipping literally made me LOL when I saw it!! Ha!!!! Really? Can't throw in free shipping?? $5200 doesn't quite cover it? that person is clearly huffing paint fumes...
And to add...

I could buy...two llamas to haul my pins around Disneyland and each llama could wear a bigfatlanyard with a full set of all the beloved tales.

If indeed this person is just trying to get as much as they can for it than why not have a real auction, start it off at .99 cents and see where the bidding goes. That's the only way to get as much as you can for it, and the only way to determine it's real value. This $5200 thing is BS. I don't care what kind of financial situation they're in, it's greedy and it's cutthroat and indeed asking for $5 shipping on top of it is so absurd it's hysterical.

I don't think it is greedy as much as it is stupid. The person says they want to get the most they can get out of the pin, but really, they are doing themselves a disfavor when they say that. Let's theoretically say that the most a person would pay for that pin was $1000 (which is probably way more than it would ever go for), by putting $5200 as the starting price, that person who would pay $1000 would never even make it an offer because if I were that person, I would never expect the seller to go down by over 80% of what they originally wanted. The $5200 price is almost making people assume that the seller will probably except no less than $3000 and in that case, nobody will ever even make any offer on that pin...oh well, just wait until the seller takes it down and realizes they'll have to mark it down heavily :(

Yes! The $4.99 shipping literally made me LOL when I saw it!! Ha!!!! Really? Can't throw in free shipping?? $5200 doesn't quite cover it? that person is clearly huffing paint fumes...
And to add...

I could buy...two llamas to haul my pins around Disneyland and each llama could wear a bigfatlanyard with a full set of all the beloved tales.

Don't forget the Rapunzel ears :D

Personal opinion is they posted that so that no one could possibly buy it right away and see how many best offers they got. Though the number is ridiculously high, my guess is they're just trying to see the best of best offers they can get.

Though it is true, if I saw something for $5,000 I'd assume the lowest they'd go is $3000-$4000 and wouldn't even try for $200-300 etc. But some people do, either way, if it's a DPF member some of you might know closely, you might be offending them right now without even knowing it x3.

Also, mmmm chocolate wrapped in thin gold!

Last edited:
And to add...

I hope that your llamas are service animals... or I will be reporting you!

What's worse to take in and think about; the fact that someone listed this for $5,200 or that this pin is probably on some little girls lanyard that's probably at the bottom of her toy box?

I'd buy a lion for $5,200 and use it as a guard animal. I would reveal it at night and conceal it during the day. Everybody could get past a dog, no one is going to want to get tangled with the king of the jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back