• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rc punzel

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... if someone does a best offer and the seller accepts, is that pin going to show sold for 5200????? regardless of accepted price?

On the front search page, it will show the original BIN price. But if you click on the listing, it will show what it actually sold for.

Well I guess now we know what the current price for a Reveal/Conceal Rapunzel sells for. That's just insane. I will bit my tongue as to what I think of the buyer.

I wouldn't judge the buyer, you never know how badly they needed it. It could be for a good cause or something like that. I would just be glad it didn't go for anything that you would be willing to buy it for because then you'd feel like you missed out on something :)

If someone buys a pin for $1050 then someone bought a pin for $1050. I don't think it should matter what other people do with their money. If it doesn't concern you or hurt you in any way it shouldn't have to bother you or be any of your business. Just think if you had that kind of money, would you pay that much for a pin that is the SUPER chaser for a set that disappeared, a pin that 1 person is trading and 300+ are currently wanting it, a pin that is rarely listed on eBay and a pin that is NEVER in anyone's trade book. I don't even collect Tangled and if I had that kind of money I would pay that much for that pin because I could practically get anything for that pin, if I did collect Tangled I would have bought it in a heart beat if I had the money. Clearly that person had the money for that pin and clearly wanted it that bad that they bought it for a grand and that is our problem or our concern how? I don't think the price is going to affect anyone who wants to get the pin because NOBODY has it for trade, therefore there is nobody to say "well it just sold on eBay for....". Let's show some integrity and be happy for the person who got their hands on what is many peoples holiest of holy grails.

I don't think anyone should judge the buyer personally. We don't know him/her. I know the argument many have is "There's so many better things to spend $1000 on" but to them, maybe this was it. If someone works hard and pays their bills responsibly and then winds up having the extra cash and this is their dream item, then what's so wrong with that? Sure it may seem crazy to some, but certainly not worth thinking badly of that person for. How someone spends their money is their business and we never know the kind or generous things this buyer has perhaps done for others. Maybe he/she felt that this was their turn to spoil themselves. Granted, this is just a "what if" scenario but my point is, I don't think that judging the buyer or thinking ill of them is really warranted. Just my two cents. I would've loved that pin too but congrats to whoever got it. It really is special pin and one I'm sure they will (hopefully) cherish.

I am not judging the buyer...Ive spent a lot of money on a couple of my Tangled pins. But $250 is the most I have gone and the most I plan to go. However, it does affect us as other people who own the pin will see what it went for and possibly post them up at $1000. I can't blame them, but it makes this pin go from nearly impossible to obtain to completely impossible for me. :cry: I too hope they cherish the pin (and at that price I am sure they will). Does anyone have a guesstimate on how many R/C Rapunzels exist? I wish PinPics had a number on owns (without a way to link it to the actual people so no one gets trade offers). Would make it easier to guess...

I am very glad that it is finally sold. We had some fun at their expense while it lasted, but it is time to put this pin and its sale to rest imo. Congrats to the happy new owner and to the seller.

On a different note, although I have few of these coveted R/C girls pins, it still eludes me what makes them so special :dunno:

Last edited:
I think part of it is that they just disappeared. As far as I know, they never made it to WDW (if they were even supposed to) as I was still considering moving down here at that point. Personally, Im a Tangled collector but other than that - I find it unique that "princesses" that are not usually included were. Lilo, Jessie, Pocahontas, Mulan, and others. Thats my opinion...Im not too sure about most collectors' reasons though.

I am very glad that it is finally sold. We had some fun at their expense while it lasted, but it is time to put this pin and its sale to rest imo. Congrats to the happy new owner and to the seller.

On a different note, although I have few of these coveted R/C girls pins, it still eludes me what makes them so special :dunno:

Last edited:
Wow, if I wasn't so attached to mine I would be tempted to sell it. That would repair my shattered car windshield - or better yet a down payment on my caterer/photographer.

Hope she went to a good home :)

If you ever get unattached lunarbasket - let me know! Thats what credit cards are for, right?!?! :rofl:

I find it unique that "princesses" that are not usually included were. Lilo, Jessie, Pocahontas, Mulan, and others. Thats my opinion...Im not too sure about most collectors' reasons though.

I never knew what was so special about the R/C set either, but I assumed it was that becuase in terms of how the pin layout is (without the character) it doesn't look very nice to me. However, if the reason the R/C pins are so prized is because they featured some non-official Disney princesses, why are the official ones still the most popular by far lol xP

Wow, if I wasn't so attached to mine I would be tempted to sell it. That would repair my shattered car windshield - or better yet a down payment on my caterer/photographer.

One day when you want to buy a house, just look for a contractor who collects pins :)

On a side note, I hope nobody thought that what I was saying was "judging" the buyer. My intention was merely stating how much $1050 could be used for me or others. I'm not Tangled fan (the movie was absolutely fantastic, but until it appears in Kingdom Hearts, the movie has no worth in pin collecting for me), but I can guarantee if they made a Kingdom Hearts pin that was as rare as the R/C Rapunzel is, I would obviously wait till I got a really good job in a few years after college, but I would no doubt drop close to $1500 on a pin like that (if it was at least a decent looking one, which I bet it would be). I hope nobody took my words to heart, it was all with good intentions :)

what do u mean... PPl have to have the pin. Its life or death... ok mayb not that big a deal but anyways.

I like the story that gose with the pin. " the boxes are lost... we dont know how many pins were made or got out"

oh...boy... everyone run and try to get sum... im sure that its a true story. This pins must b the best everand most rare ever. i know i will b trading my car so i can get one.... lmao... jk
kind of funny that ppl belive a silly story like that. Its the same story in every collection hobby. I remember a few times it was told in the ball card world. I can tell anyone the card names and numbers if they want to go blow sum money on that story also.. i just need $500 for the inside info on the lost box... agian... lol...and jk... but hey it sounds good.. right:facepalm::facepalm:

it really sold for $1050 O_O the mind does boggle where people get there money from to drop a price like that. to think I got 34 PTN pins for $1400 and I thought was a huge amount to drop on 34 pins let alone just 1 XD.

madness I tell ye... we all succumb to the MADNESS eventually XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back