• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rc punzel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rc punzel
lol. i went to the bay thinking he would have some long sad story about how sum boxes got lost. Now this pin is the long lost wanted pin and no one knows how many there are. Makes it so much more rare. or so the story is told. I think he needs to sell the pin better if he want more money. pump it up a bit you know. jk..

ps. its been years since i have been told the lost box story. In the ball card world it has been told many times. I recall that a factory or 2 also burned down. so those cards are real rare..or so the story is told..:facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
But some people do, either way, if it's a DPF member some of you might know closely, you might be offending them right now without even knowing it x3.

I literally could not care less if the person who is auctioning this pin off for $5200 +4.99 for shipping is offended by anything we say in this thread. They are ridiculous and greedy and need to be told so.

I literally could not care less if the person who is auctioning this pin off for $5200 +4.99 for shipping is offended by anything we say in this thread. They are ridiculous and greedy and need to be told so.

+1 haha

I think that sale is a total joke! Either way, They'll get it back because ebay fees on an item that big, even to take
it down will charge! so jokes on them!

Why does everyone have to get an animal for $5,200? I would just put a down payment on becoming a member of Club 33 in Disneyland :)

That's about 1/5 of the $25K initiation fee and nothing towards the $10K yearly dues. Invest it in 4 years of premium APs. :)

I really hope the DPF member that put this up on Ebay isn't taking offense to what we say here on this thread. Its easy for us to insult them and bash them for the price that they listed it as. As much as people want to say its greedy and crazy..what would YOU do if you had a pin of that caliber in your collection??

A lot of us are speaking ill of this person because we don't have that pin. Could jealousy and envy be a bit of a factor here? Im not defending the seller but we as a group are so quick to throw out insults at people we don't even know. We don't know their situation. I personally think the reason they listed it that high is to get the best offers possible...sure it may be greedy..but if the shoes were on the other hand and we REALLY needed money im sure we would all want the best value for our pins.

Otherwise, we should all sell our pins at cost!...anything above retail is greed. Which would make all of us posting in this thread hypocrites because we all sell above retail. SURE, the person's listing is WAAAYYYYY above retail..but I've emailed this person and they know they will not get 3-5K for it. It looks like to me, they just want the best price possible. For that, i cant blame them.

We totally need a "like" button!

+1

I really hope the DPF member that put this up on Ebay isn't taking offense to what we say here on this thread. Its easy for us to insult them and bash them for the price that they listed it as. As much as people want to say its greedy and crazy..what would YOU do if you had a pin of that caliber in your collection??

A lot of us are speaking ill of this person because we don't have that pin. Could jealousy and envy be a bit of a factor here? Im not defending the seller but we as a group are so quick to throw out insults at people we don't even know. We don't know their situation. I personally think the reason they listed it that high is to get the best offers possible...sure it may be greedy..but if the shoes were on the other hand and we REALLY needed money im sure we would all want the best value for our pins.

Otherwise, we should all sell our pins at cost!...anything above retail is greed. Which would make all of us posting in this thread hypocrites because we all sell above retail. SURE, the person's listing is WAAAYYYYY above retail..but I've emailed this person and they know they will not get 3-5K for it. It looks like to me, they just want the best price possible. For that, i cant blame them.

A lot of us are speaking ill of this person because we don't have that pin. Could jealousy and envy be a bit of a factor here?

I think it would be safe to assume we have one thing that seller does not have: Sanity :lol:

Last edited:
They don't expect to get what they have listed. Everyone calling them greedy should really just stop it. you don't know who they are or what they're trying to do. I would put it up for a ridiculous price too to see what people would offer because if I set it lower then someone might buy it for lower then I had expected. This is a selling tactic so that the person can see what offers they're gonna get and can weed through them rather then auctioning it off and losing out.

It's the same as everyone here who posts those 'trade' threads where people "bid" pins in the trades section. People can freely bid on it there and the auctioneer can have a reserve because they're too afraid of being low balled in the actual auction section :|

I also noticed that the seller has very little selling history with their recent sales being in wet-suits for scuba diving, yet the location shows as Vegas. I am not too familiar with Vegas area, it has been years since I have been there, but if memory serves me right it is mostly sand. I found it odd and interesting :dunno:

An XS wearing lady with red painted nails is all I can say looking at the SW PoDM pics.

Yeah. I guess its "Insanity" to want the best price for your posessions :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping for the best price. But this really is on the insane side imo.

On that note .... if anyone is interested, now my designer princess set in box and w/ certificate is $10 K OBO :rofl: And only $10 for insured shipping.

Last edited:
I can say with absolute certainty that I have zero jealousy when it comes to this pin. I don't like Tangled whatsoever and the artwork pales in comparison to most of the Disney Auctions pins. I do understand that other people love this pin and that it is so rare and of a holy grail status. I also completely understand wanting to get the most out of your pins, but $5200 is beyond excessive. And the $4.99 for shipping is just insulting.

And if the person is offended by reading mine or any other comments, I urge them to remember: just because you are offended, it doesn't mean you are in the right.

I can say with absolute certainty that I have zero jealousy when it comes to this pin. I don't like Tangled whatsoever and the artwork pales in comparison to most of the Disney Auctions pins. I do understand that other people love this pin and that it is so rare and of a holy grail status. I also completely understand wanting to get the most out of your pins, but $5200 is beyond excessive. And the $4.99 for shipping is just insulting.

And if the person is offended by reading mine or any other comments, I urge them to remember: just because you are offended, it doesn't mean you are in the right.

translation, right on dude! da pins are beautiful! sleeping beauty gomes (drool)

Well we can all agree to disagree as far as im concerned :) . We tend to be very opinionated people as a whole and convincing eachother that we're right or your right is big waste of time LOL. To each his own correct? Happy trading!

It's the same as everyone here who posts those 'trade' threads where people "bid" pins in the trades section. People can freely bid on it there and the auctioneer can have a reserve because they're too afraid of being low balled in the actual auction section :|

Actually, if they want to know what the pin is worth but don't want to be "low-balled", they could set up an auction on eBay with a reserve. I seriously doubt they would be low-balled since so many people want this pin and it comes up for sale so rarely, but on the other hand, they may find out that the pin isn't worth all that they had hoped...

Actually, if they want to know what the pin is worth but don't want to be "low-balled", they could set up an auction on eBay with a reserve. I seriously doubt they would be low-balled since so many people want this pin and it comes up for sale so rarely, but on the other hand, they may find out that the pin isn't worth all that they had hoped...

Although that may be true, MANY people will not bid in any auction with a reserve for fear they'll never reach it and. This way they do not have a reserve but a ridiculous price to see what people will be willing to take it for. Also the mentality of people is that when the price is so high and they themselves are more likely to bid higher because people who don't know any better will also be bidding.

AND to further that, the guy now starts at the larger price and can haggle people up in private.

ok.... my couple cents worth of opinion.

1~ If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
2~ complaining in here because someone inexpierenced sets too high a price makes us ALL look petty, jealous, and immature.
3~ this thread started as a "what was this person thinking" joke thread.

So dudes and dudettes... relax and let it gooooooooo.

Also the mentality of people is that when the price is so high and they themselves are more likely to bid higher because people who don't know any better will also be bidding.

At the same time though, if the price is so high, the person who may be willing to pay the most in the world for the pin may not even make an offer out of the sheer thought that it will get declined no matter what because of how high the price is...also, I know Pixie...but somehow its oddly fun speculation xP I'll stop now :)

Has anyone actually offered the person what the last one sold for to see if they accept? That to me would be the sensible thing to do. I would hardly call them greedy, especially if they accept what ever the last one sold for. I dunno, tangled does my head in so much hype. So they put a high price on it, clearly they are not expecting the maximum they just wanna get as much money as possible. Wouldn't it be super sensible for someone who wants it to put in an offer and see what happens?

There are very few people who sell pins at cost, 3/4 of the time (there are a few awesome exceptions to this rule, you know who you are awesome people!) You can't even get the newest soda fountain, WDW, DL, DLRP, hong kong, tokyo pins at cost even though they were JUST released. A pin that is that rare and usually expensive I don't blame them for not wanting to sell it at cost. I hope they get as much money as they can and I hope, as someone posted on page one, that they can fix their car, I know how much like hard work it is to not have a veehikkle to get your butt to work!

Has anyone actually offered the person what the last one sold for to see if they accept?

I am not sure what was the last publicly known sale price for Rapunzel chaser pin alone.

I do follow Ebay very closely and I know for certain that a FULL SET of R/C pins including the chaser sold for $1000 in January of 2012.

The seller is a DPF member (and a controversial one at that) and the buyer is my friend and he is not someone to goof around, so i am 110% sure that it was a valid transaction and not a joke.

Fast forward 9 months and that $1000 looksl like a bargain though ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back