• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
The kinder, Gentler, less obnoxious, and PLEASE dont let it get shut down....

Thread about DSF updates regarding wristbands for what is going to be a nutz release this week.

Pin Release Update:
Wristbands will be distributed for this Saturday's release at the following times:
Friday 7:00AM-8:00AM, Wristbands #1-75
Friday 7:00PM-8:00PM, Wristbands #76-150.
We ask that pin traders do not line up any earlier than Thursday evening. Also please be aware, guests who join the line and cut in front of those who have been waiting will not receive a wristband.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Pin Release Update: For clarification, lineups may start Thursday, but please keep in mind that wristbands will not be distributed until Friday morning.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
A phone call to the Store was placed. It was made clear that no line will be permitted before 6pm Thursday evening. Security will be present to enforce the rules and to prevent line cutting or line holding.

Wow! I didn't realize people will line up overnight to get a pin! :shock: I love my pins but not sure I'd go that far to get them. Wish everybody luck though if you do and stay safe! :)

A phone call to the Store was placed. It was made clear that no line will be permitted before 6pm Thursday evening. Security will be present to enforce the rules and to prevent line cutting or line holding.

Thank you again Psycho Pixie for restarting this thread :) Hopefully we can share hopeful information all together.

Ok so has it been confirmed for a fact that we cannot line up until 6pm Thursday?? I tried calling DSF this evening and the line was busy everytime I called (prolly bc of ppl calling all asking the saem ? XD). I want to see if it's the same info w/ all the workers across the board. I know DLR CMs sometimes are given different info during releases which causes confusion and mass chaos @_@

These new rules and times make it easy for me. I have to work, so it's all about the second chance line and hope for the best.

I really disagree with any set times for line ups. History has proven that grown people will run and trample other people for these pins. If you have the luxury of time and are willing to spend that much time to wait for shiny bits of metal, more power to you. Some attempts to make things fair, just make things more dangerous.

Be safe people and try to retain a modicum of civility amongst the madness.

Could someone please help me out in getting the DSF chocolate box of Carl and Ellie. I really want to surprise my mom and give it to her for Valentine's Day. I'm willing to overtrade for this. Being a newbie I don't have many pins in my traders. :( Money is tight here as I have to meet my medical insurance deductible and my dad not having a job and so I could only pay what it actually costs for the pin and shipping. I know it's a long shot but maybe someone might be able to help me. Thank you so very much!!!

Last time this happened there was pushing shoving yelling and nearly a couple fights and at that release there were only 125 people who freaked out because of the time limit and all thought they would not get their pins... Unfortunately for this release, if they hold true to this, with the rumors of extra friends and family attending I could easily see over 400 people all pushing and shoving for bands and soo many who would be willing to spend days their to get a holy grail pin will be forced into shoving and crowds which only get people hurt and upset... There are many large sized guys who if they are shoved and shove back could easily hurt one of our beloved and cherished senior traders or even one of the many very young children that all the families will bring for an extra shot... This is the worst decision the group out at DSF has made in quite some time... You would think they would have learned from past experience... Last Valentine set from what I heard people were running across Hollywood Blvd in peak rush hour traffic to get to the wristbands first... I am not even there yet and I feel like I am going to have to step up to protect and defend those who cannot speak up for themselves... Not really fair to me in a way, but you cannot just stand there and see little ol ladies getting shoved by grown men... I won't put up with it, not for pins, not for any reason... Just sayin...

Last time this happened there was pushing shoving yelling and nearly a couple fights and at that release there were only 125 people who freaked out because of the time limit and all thought they would not get their pins... Unfortunately for this release, if they hold true to this, with the rumors of extra friends and family attending I could easily see over 400 people all pushing and shoving for bands and soo many who would be willing to spend days their to get a holy grail pin will be forced into shoving and crowds which only get people hurt and upset... There are many large sized guys who if they are shoved and shove back could easily hurt one of our beloved and cherished senior traders or even one of the many very young children that all the families will bring for an extra shot... This is the worst decision the group out at DSF has made in quite some time... You would think they would have learned from past experience... Last Valentine set from what I heard people were running across Hollywood Blvd in peak rush hour traffic to get to the wristbands first... I am not even there yet and I feel like I am going to have to step up to protect and defend those who cannot speak up for themselves... Not really fair to me in a way, but you cannot just stand there and see little ol ladies getting shoved by grown men... I won't put up with it, not for pins, not for any reason... Just sayin...

I'm terrified of this too. I'm petite and struggle big time with anxiety problems. Point blank, I will not be able to handle being in the middle of a mob of angry people who are shoving this way and that to get into the alley. If this is how it goes down, I may well be screwed even if I am there on time. Props to you Moe for sticking up for people, I wish there were more folks like you. Honestly, I think this line up time restriction is a very, very bad idea...but yet apart of me hopes that DSF will find a way to force people to maintain civility. I guess that I'm eternally hopeful...

I will be right there with Moe trying to protect and defend people that need it, even though I have physical problems myself. Those who know me well know that I will go to far lengths to protect those I care about! So Aquata just stick with me, I will keep you safe hon. *squish*

I will be right there with Moe trying to protect and defend people that need it, even though I have physical problems myself. Those who know me well know that I will go to far lengths to protect those I care about! So Aquata just stick with me, I will keep you safe hon. *squish*

Thank you Echo, that means a lot to me :3 *squeezy hugs* Can't wait to see you again :D

It's pretty much a given that DSF will not allow line ups on Wednesday and they will tell you that you can't line up and to move along.

I'd rather they suggest that people don't start lining up until after Noon on Thursday, as those with the days off will likely want to be there before any of the rush hour traffic, to secure their place in line.

For those who are going to wait, I'd love to see some honorable conduct where those people put in the time and actually wait. No taking off for more than an hour or two (That hour or two should be more than enough time to grab something to eat) and then conveniently showing up right before they distribute the bands. Everyone knows that you went back to work or are cheating. Stop it. Either wait in line and do the time or stay home. Switching off should be perfectly acceptable, but that only saves you one spot in line and doesn't entitle you to two spots, in the same place, at all.

If you are sick, I'd cut you some slack and let you hang out in your car. But you'd better look like death warmed over.

It should be everyone's responsibility to make sure that people are in the proper place in line and that no one just shows up and gets in front of you. If you haven't seen them all day, night, day, and night, it probably means they weren't out there and are cheating. Say something to the DSF staff and make sure they get nothing for the amount of work they put in; which is none.

Perhaps this thread should just convert into the Rules of Conduct for DSF Line Queues or something.

I have spoken to them both and to security there in depth about these concerns as I have been in the middle of the last several shoving matches as the one breaking them up... Nelson and his staff are very capable of handling any situations that arise that may get out of hand, as they stated we are just pin traders... Small potatoes to them compared to things like a Bieber appearance or major movie premier where crowds get into the thousands... I agreed with the fact that they could handle those types of things, but the problem is not only the couple of idiots that get in an argument, but the fact that the crowd is so thick and pushing towards one common location that it is inevidible that others will suffer as a result... Our crowd is not a bunch of same aged teens that can all bounce off each other like they are rubber, many have disabilities, move or react slower and they will be the poor individuals who suffer... Eventually it will be me getting banned from the releases for trying to protect someone else from getting hurt... Who knows, but I am not looking forward to it...

6PM is so late a lot of people will be done with work, school, etc. so I can imagine well over 150 people lingering around DSF. Moe's estimate of 400 is entirely plausible. Brave managed to fill up by early afternoon. With over half a dozen $100+ presales for the Tangled pin alone already, you know the resellers will be out in force and with their friends since the 6PM line up time means a lot of them won't have to miss any work. It will be a free for all at 6 PM.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Everyone always thinks DSF's ideas are horrible, do any of you have any better ideas? Maybe you need to present your alternative ideas to DSF and have everyone sign it so they can see that everyone is on board. I think a lot of you forget that DSF is not the only business there, not to mention that there are apartments above the Hollywood store on the other side of the car rental, I know if I lived in those apartments and there were people hanging out all night every weekend, making a bunch of noise, I'd be pissed. I just don't understand why some people can't be respectful of others.

They're replacing a system that was working for a system that caused chaos in the past. There is little to no advantage to what they're proposing. People are still going to camp out overnight except instead of being in order of who arrived first it will be the order of who pushed their way to the front the hardest.

Maybe I don't have a say in this since I am on the other coast, and what I am about to say will fall on deaf ears for those who are causing all the mayhem. Heck, maybe they don't even read the boards..who knows.

If all the bad behavior continues (fights, pushing, shoving, lining up way before hand, ect..), DSF will just discontinue having/selling all the great pins you folks out there have been getting. It won't be worth the liability it's causing for them. Believe me, it happens. Disney doesn't want to keep dealing with it. The quick and easy solution is to just stop selling the good stuff. And they will, if this behavior keeps up. Just some food for thought.

Hmm, perhaps a sign-in sheet, showing of a state identification at the same time, and the phone number(s). Then DSF holds a "raffle" and calls all the lucky people who "won"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back