• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes
Thanks for the replies. I thought that the # would be higher than 50%.

The problem with this is that yeah sure everyone has to scramble to get the pins they want but it's fairer for people closer to DSF. We live super close to DLR so we have to travel, not much, but still enough where pins might still sell out.

So I'm a bit confused about this statement as it contradicts what you said earlier. You said first come, first serve is fair, well if someone lives closer than you to DSF it stands to reason that they can get there sooner than you and you said first come first serve was the fairest way to distribute the pins, but now it kind of seems like your back pedaling since random releases will not be as fair to you.

My issue with camping out is that, despite the fact that it seems like the majority of pin collectors don't have jobs because they are either disabled, retired, unemployed, a minor or are just rich, meaning that they can show up whenever and camp out for days, show a complete disrespect for people who have jobs and absolutely cannot come. I'm sorry but I don't think skipping work for a pin release is acceptable. Most of us are adults and we should be acting like them, being responsible and camping out is not a reasonable idea for someone who is trying to pay their bills. I like the idea of random releases and as someone pointed out DSF will know when the release is so they will staff accordingly, and while yes it will interfere a bit with their business, they can still limit the number of people they let in at a time, nightclubs do it all of the time. I also like the idea of a designated time where everyone shows up and a drawing is held, no one needs to get there early because when you arrive doesn't matter. Maybe they could even be handing out numbers all week, you come into the store grab a number and then sometime before the actual event, before they open the doors they draw 150-300 numbers and that's who gets a pin. I don't see how you can get more fair than that. No one camps out, everyone has an equal opportunity to get a winning number and yes, people will be upset about winning, but how is that any different than people being upset now because they didn't get the pin. My point being is that no one is having to invest any additional time, EVERYONE, including people who work, people who live close or far away, who buy pins to sell, who get extras for trade, whatever, has the exact same chance to get a pin as anyone else. But what I mostly believe is that no matter what DSF does there will still be people who are unhappy and there will still be people trying to cheat the system or rip other traders off, so I am in agreement to upping the edition sizes, while I know there are some traders who are obsessed with the rarity of a pin, in the long run it will make more money for DSF and for them, that is a very good thing.

My issue with camping out is that, despite the fact that it seems like the majority of pin collectors don't have jobs because they are either disabled, retired, unemployed, a minor or are just rich, meaning that they can show up whenever and camp out for days, show a complete disrespect for people who have jobs and absolutely cannot come. I'm sorry but I don't think skipping work for a pin release is acceptable. Most of us are adults and we should be acting like them, being responsible and camping out is not a reasonable idea for someone who is trying to pay their bills.

+1,000,000

Ok... I dont think that the above person was saying that Trader A is disrespecting trader B. Simply because trader A can camp out but trader B has a job... i think they were stating that it feels unfair for Trader B to never be able to attend a DSF release because Trader B cannot take time off work and is unable to attend. Not that Trader A is disrespecting, but that the process does not take into account that many people have to work and cannot take the time to camp out.

No matter how you look at the statement about disrespect it can be taken in a hurtful way. Lets back up, I sincerely doubt anyone is saying that Trader A does not respect the fact that trader B has a job.

Please do not start taking things in a personal manner and before anyone gets upset, lets take a deep breathe. I do not want this thread shut down like the last one was.

This thread is supposed to be for Informational purposes... a debate on the pro's and con's of camp outs and the methods of wristband distribution is up and running.

My issue with camping out is that, despite the fact that it seems like the majority of pin collectors don't have jobs because they are either disabled, retired, unemployed, a minor or are just rich, meaning that they can show up whenever and camp out for days, show a complete disrespect for people who have jobs and absolutely cannot come. I'm sorry but I don't think skipping work for a pin release is acceptable. Most of us are adults and we should be acting like them, being responsible and camping out is not a reasonable idea for someone who is trying to pay their bills.

Last week you said you'd be camping out too if you lived closer and then asked if anyone would be willing to pick up a pin for you at cost.

Danny, stop. There's no need to pick at people. And for the record, I did pick the pin up for her at cost(actually, less than cost, for nothing) ;) As hypocritical as it may sound, a lot of people who don't necessarily agree with the whole camping out thing still do it. I do! Do I agree with the whole 'go a day early to get a wristband, forcing me to spend twice the amount of time and money on gas and parking' thing? Heck no I don't, and I've told management at DSF that I don't, and my reasons for it. Do I still do it? Absolutely, because that's what needs to be done, sadly, in order to get some of these pins.

Just a reminder: PLEASE keep the discussion on the topic at hand. PLEASE keep any personal discussions/disputes limited to private messages (or discuss them in person when you next see each other). If a member really irritates you, please use the ignore feature instead of engaging in discussions that derail the thread.

I would like to keep this thread open as this discussion is raising valid points. However if the conversation derails, it will close. You have been warned.

Woah, woah. Nathan, why are you having a go at me? I'm not referring to anything but what I see, nor am I saying anything is okay or not okay. Two wrongs don't make a right, as they say. In general, I say, to please not pick at each other. I have no idea what you're talking about, I just came into the conversation. Let's all just calm down and have some ice cream and stop picking at each other! Please!!

Edit: If someone has a problem with me, please talk to me about it privately or in person. As Stefanie said, let's keep this on topic. Thanks!

Last edited:
DB47903C-5534-41C6-9216-43173C340571-319-0000001C86D0D193_zps5221afbc.jpg

My deepest thanks to the folks who likely will cause this thread to be shut down too.

This thread was to be about specifically information related to the upcoming release and wristband info. yet somehow it turned into a "discussion" of whats wrong with the process. So I gave the topic of DSF lineup's their own thread. but no... people had to keep it here. WHY?

WHY can't everyone just accept what a topic is by reading the OP totally and replying with pertinent information?

The topic is specific: Wristband information.

Not, "what do you hate about the DSF process."
Not, "This sucks."

Just updates on wirstband info.

Close the thread Stef. obviously folks don't understand.

As this thread has gone so far off-topic, you'll probably need to check the OP to remember what it's about, it's time to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back