• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reboot: DSF wri~stband info for choc boxes
I am getting concerned looking at everything posted here. These running, pushing, shoving, line cutting stories do not really agree with the idea behind pin trading at all.

To make it even more ironic, V-day is supposed to be about love & appreciation for the people in our lives. Looking at everything said here, I am guessing that this release is going to bring out anything, but love.

I really hope everyone who attends this release remains civil and our friends here can be safe.

Last edited:
Everyone always thinks DSF's ideas are horrible, do any of you have any better ideas? Maybe you need to present your alternative ideas to DSF and have everyone sign it so they can see that everyone is on board. I think a lot of you forget that DSF is not the only business there, not to mention that there are apartments above the Hollywood store on the other side of the car rental, I know if I lived in those apartments and there were people hanging out all night every weekend, making a bunch of noise, I'd be pissed. I just don't understand why some people can't be respectful of others.

You are right, unfortunatly there has been so many ideas bounced around and there is no possible solution that can be figured out... We have all thrown ideas at them, some ideas are ridiculous but others put serious thought into the issue... Still nothing has been figured out... The team at DSF is amazing at listening and taking input from us pin traders as we are their absolute main source of income... If not for the pins at DSF the Mgnt said they would have been closed down, so them stopping releasing pins cannot be an option for them... Sad but business is business the pins make up for the constant loss the theatre endures, take the pins away and the theatre goes too...

Something really needs to be decided to stop worrying about fairness, but more about safety of their customers... The last thing they could afford is a stupid lawsuit from someone getting injured...

I think they should just randomly fill the theater with everyone there and when we all have a seat then tell us to look under the seat to retrieve the pre determined order of the lineup...LOL... There will be 150 seats that have a golden ticket taped to the bottom... But nobody would know...

I think they should just randomly fill the theater with everyone there and when we all have a seat then tell us to look under the seat to retrieve the pre determined order of the lineup...LOL... There will be 150 seats that have a golden ticket taped to the bottom... But nobody would know...

You have my vote for this awesome idea if you throw in ....

Hmm, perhaps a sign-in sheet, showing of a state identification at the same time, and the phone number(s). Then DSF holds a "raffle" and calls all the lucky people who "won"?

The raffle idea was discussed, but their most loyal customers who have been there from day one years ago hate that idea as they feel the re-sellers would all show up for the drawing and the true collector would really suffer...

For those who are going to wait, I'd love to see some honorable conduct where those people put in the time and actually wait. No taking off for more than an hour or two (That hour or two should be more than enough time to grab something to eat) and then conveniently showing up right before they distribute the bands. Everyone knows that you went back to work or are cheating. Stop it. Either wait in line and do the time or stay home. Switching off should be perfectly acceptable, but that only saves you one spot in line and doesn't entitle you to two spots, in the same place, at all.

If you are sick, I'd cut you some slack and let you hang out in your car. But you'd better look like death warmed over.

It should be everyone's responsibility to make sure that people are in the proper place in line and that no one just shows up and gets in front of you. If you haven't seen them all day, night, day, and night, it probably means they weren't out there and are cheating. Say something to the DSF staff and make sure they get nothing for the amount of work they put in; which is none.

Perhaps this thread should just convert into the Rules of Conduct for DSF Line Queues or something.

I think with the last release people where upset because a lot of people took shelter in their cars from the rain. Also these were many people who were in different parts of the line with friends who had shelter like easy up canopys and extra umbrellas and chairs. In my group two of the 16 year olds who don't have their license (which means they can't go far) slept in the car because they were just getting over a cold. Most of the time DSF is really good with keeping people from jumping into the line with friends and family and so are the people aroud you. Because no one wants to get bumped back. I know I was feeling that way when everyone was coming back from their cars to get in line. But as it turned out we were the number we were counted to be so we were fine. You just need to tell the people infront of you as well as the people behind you and the people across from you. If you don't make it with your group, get to the back!

I feel this is an appropriete quote for what people should think about when they get all worked up over these pieces of metal...

"All things are temporal on earth and attachment to them will ultimately create a feeling of loss or sorrow"

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

attachment.php

Last edited:
I am getting concerned looking at everything posted here. These running, pushing, shoving, line cutting stories do not really agree with the idea behing pin trading at all.

To make it even more ironic, V-day is supposed to be about love & appreciation for the people in our lives. Looking at everything said here, I am guessing that this release is going to bring out anything, but love.

I really hope everyone who attends this release remains civil and our friends here can be safe.

I just wanted to take a step back and say that all the doom and gloom is not really the predominant thing that happens at DSF releases. Perhaps I'm a bit guilty of only focusing on the bad things that happen and make them sound like they happen more often than not.

It is generally a good feeling out there and DSF does an amazing job of accomodating us and treating us as guests. Let's face it, we pretty much see the same people attending these events over and over. We pretty much know each other on sight and there really are no issues. The only times there have been issues was when DSF was first tweaking the wristband rules and created a solid line up time. That didn't work out so well, as Goofy_Moe described.

I also agree that safety should be the first concern, as there is no possible way to make this fair to everyone. I've seen people throw the lottery idea out there and it seems like a good idea until you don't win. Then it becomes ugly, because you could have taken the time to be first in line using the old, time honored method of waiting in line. But that luck and chance element cheated you out of a nice pin.

I think that all I'm saying is that these things are not as horrible as it has been painted. It is surprisingly friendly and fun for a majority of people. Sure, the wait sucks and some of the rules have created unforseen issues with extra travel and whatnot. But a lot of people really like the wristbands and it does give the option to take a break from the line and go home and freshen up.

It's all about being civil and courteous. I think everything will be ok, as long as everyone remains calm. Easy for me to say though, I have to try my luck in the second chance line and don't have to worry about getting a wristband. :)

First off, I really appreciate the general direction of this thread, and that most people are willing to obey the rules and act like adults at pin releases. Though, it really is the few that ruin it for the many, and I think most of us have been witness to folks taking this hobby far too seriously (even for the swarms already willing to sleep out for pins).

Having said that, I'm really not a big fan of a lot of the new rules on pin releases because I live out of town. The people who know me know that I've driven down (8-ish hours) and slept in parking lots for all sorts of events, but with these new rules it doesn't really make sense to even make the effort. Driving 7-8 hours each way and coming home empty handed just isn't an option. Now, I'm not saying that those who live further away should have any special handouts, but if someone's willing to wait an extra 8, 24, even 48 hours in an alley and are out of the way, then how is that more of a problem than people being trampled / pushing / shoving / etc when the line is "allowed".

I'm still down for a pre line up meet at Hooters and then we can walk over to DSF together. I am just suggesting Hooters since I think it's the only place on the DSF side of the street that can accommodate a large group plus I'm pretty sure they'd appreciate the business on a Thursday afternoon; feel free to suggest somewhere else. I just don't want to see people running across the street during rush hour traffic again.

Thank you again Psycho Pixie for restarting this thread :) Hopefully we can share hopeful information all together.

Ok so has it been confirmed for a fact that we cannot line up until 6pm Thursday?? I tried calling DSF this evening and the line was busy everytime I called (prolly bc of ppl calling all asking the saem ? XD). I want to see if it's the same info w/ all the workers across the board. I know DLR CMs sometimes are given different info during releases which causes confusion and mass chaos @_@

Yes I called them last night and was told the same thing. No line permitted before 6pm on thursday evening. They read the exact same thing to me that pixie posted to make sure there was no confusion.

Everyone always thinks DSF's ideas are horrible, do any of you have any better ideas? Maybe you need to present your alternative ideas to DSF and have everyone sign it so they can see that everyone is on board. I think a lot of you forget that DSF is not the only business there, not to mention that there are apartments above the Hollywood store on the other side of the car rental, I know if I lived in those apartments and there were people hanging out all night every weekend, making a bunch of noise, I'd be pissed. I just don't understand why some people can't be respectful of others.

As mentioned before on here. Tell everyone to line up at 7am the day of release. Then, distribute wristbands. Then, randomly pick a number between 1 and n where n is the last person in line. That random number is the first person to get the pin. The 149 people behind them are 2-150 to buy. And the second chance line starts after that. Simple, everyone spends a max of about 2 hours in line before sales start, resellers that pay people to come with them will have to either spread out and will most likely get less pins they they would have, or not rist paying people that won't get the pins and take their chances.

This way, everyone has the same amount of time invested in line. This will also stimulate trading as some who really want the pin will have to try to trade for it. Everyone should bring traders and if they are outside the number they should try to trade for them right then and there and avoid paying eBay scalpper prices.

DSF security staff needed to have more present during the last Valentine's day event. Yes, I am one of the ones that was cut in front of and missed out on my pins by 4 people. As I watched many run across Hollywood blvd and go in front of me. I'd be more than happy to point out those A*holes and they can be removed this year. They also caught on that night that tickets don't work. You have to have a non-removable wristband. For Brave they did have about 5 or 6 security guys working the line, that was great, but I still saw shady people doing things. Some were blocking the line and letting people come from the back around the building corner to cut.

Here is my question though, so everyone comes at 6pm Thursday but half of them have to stay till 7pm the next night. So everyone has to come prepared to stay 25 hours while some will only stay 13 while some will get nothing. How will that be figured out? Do you have to stay or are we at the point now where we get a wristband to get a wristband? Where does it end?

Yes I called them last night and was told the same thing. No line permitted before 6pm on thursday evening. They read the exact same thing to me that pixie posted to make sure there was no confusion.

This is a really, really, bad idea. I guess they have forgotten what happened the last time they imposed a line up time. :(

Looks like it is going to be up to the pin traders to try and form some sort of semblance of order. That Hooters meet up idea is starting to look like a nice workaround to go find the last person in "line" and keep things in order. Maybe someone could get the work out that everyone is meeting and forming the unofficial line at Hooters?

I think it's wrong that most people think that people adding to the line are most likely 'evilbay' resellers and find that the raffle thing is wrong and counter productive as fights might break out if people waited SLIGHTLY more than someone else and didn't get the pins they wanted. As for the people always in line first (top 25) and that line up earlier and earlier (we wish we could too so not hating on anyone) are people on here (or if not people we saw regularly at the parks).

This past event we rushed over hoping that there wasn't 90 people in line already (there was) and we didnt get a wristband and yes it completely sucked but people waited in line much sooner than we did so they got a chance of getting pins that we didnt and that's how it works - sometimes you get pins and sometimes you dont.

Hello- Let me start by saying that I have never attended any of these releases, nor do I think I ever will (I live 4 hours north). I always follow what happens before and after each release here on the forum. I'm sure many different changes have been suggested to DSF over the years. I have a few that I'm sure have already been discussed....sell pins online, do signups for wristbands online, NEVER ANNOUNCE WHEN PINS WILL BE RELEASED (EVERYTHING"S A SURPRISE :) ), etc. My question is that it seems like there are always 150 people in line well before closing time on whatever the first day of waiting in line is allowed. Why don't they just handout the 150 wristbands as soon as there's 150 people in line? It seems silly to me to force people to wait for an obscene amount of time in line when the outcome was already determined hours ago. Will there still be people running to get to DSF? Sure, but at least it eliminates staying hours/days in an alley.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me, ( having never been to a DSF release), where does everyone "stand" prior to 6pm ? And if it is anywhere except the alley, how is the line opened up at 6, who decides it is line up time?

Can someone tell me, ( having never been to a DSF release), where does everyone "stand" prior to 6pm ? And if it is anywhere except the alley, how is the line opened up at 6, who decides it is line up time?

There is a parking lot behind the alley that is about $20 for overnight parking. Some park there, some across the street in the $10 overnight lot, but pretty much everyone blobs around that parking lot. The parking lot guys got pissed last time and then pulled some shady deal where they lead people that paid and stayed in their cars to the front of the line. If that is how it is, then say it. You should have been there for the pixar event when 130 of us watched in disbelief as a non-disney guard from the parking lot lead a line of people to the back of the alley. The people in line didn't say a word to anyone, just put their heads down and walked.

They blocked the front of the alley off, so the only place to go was the back of the alley. So everyone crammed in there. Once it was obvious it was a free for all, everyone moved in and the baby stepping and elbowing ensued. Slowing moving all in. They had 2 lines to go in. one line was 1-75, other line was 76-150. The people the parking guard led got 76-150. I was one of the first to go to the gates once I saw them being led, I wasn't going to to wait for some announcement to commence. I ended up with #33 after I watched people block me and let their friends scutty up the side of the building like cockroaches.

Hello- Let me start by saying that I have never attended any of these releases, nor do I think I ever will (I live 4 hours north). I always follow what happens before and after each release here on the forum. I'm sure many different changes have been suggested to DSF over the years. I have a few that I'm sure have already been discussed....sell pins online, do signups for wristbands online, NEVER ANNOUNCE WHEN PINS WILL BE RELEASED (EVERYTHING"S A SURPRISE :) ), etc. My question is that it seems like there are always 150 people in line well before closing time on whatever the first day of waiting in line is allowed. Why don't they just handout the 150 wristbands as soon as there's 150 people in line? It seems silly to me to force people to wait for an obscene amount of time in line when the outcome was already determined hours ago. Will there still be people running to get to DSF? Sure, but at least it eliminates staying hours/days in an alley.
They won't do online. One of the usuals in the front of the line has told Ed (DSF manager) that if they do online wristbands all you have to do is sign up with fake names and if you get picked you go. If your fake name gets picked, you know how many spots are available for the 2nd chance line. So if you don't get picked, but say 3 of your fake names do, you only need to get there for the 2nd chance line and be in the first 3. I think you should either do random order the morning of, or require the person to enter their name with the online RSP and then have to show ID. If it is a kid, they need to put the adult that will bring them and that adult needs to show ID, even if they werent' selected and the kid was. I know some parents will just put 10 fake names and their kid will just say that's my name, but many of the people know the kids names already and hopefully it won't be such a big deal.

All along, I've always said, for releases they know will be insane, just up the edition size! I mean, come on, a Rapuznel event pin and you don't make 500-1000 of them? Why not? Make 1000 and let it be 2 per person. It's still a great pin and will be similar in value to the Rapunzel PTN pin coming from WDW. I don't get why they did it for marquee's but not for other insane pins like Up and Tangled. By limiting surprise pins to 1 per person all your doing is benefitting people that have relatives and friends close to Hollywood, families there to flip anyways, and scumbags that pay homeless people and tourists to buy them pins. DSF doesn't care about pin traders of they'd take steps to stop that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
There is a parking lot behind the alley that is about $20 for overnight parking. Some park there, some across the street in the $10 overnight lot, but pretty much everyone blobs around that parking lot. The parking lot guys got pissed last time and then pulled some shady deal where they lead people that paid and stayed in their cars to the front of the line. If that is how it is, then say it. You should have been there for the pixar event when 130 of us watched in disbelief as a non-disney guard from the parking lot lead a line of people to the back of the alley. The people in line didn't say a word to anyone, just put their heads down and walked.

They blocked the front of the alley off, so the only place to go was the back of the alley. So everyone crammed in there. Once it was obvious it was a free for all, everyone moved in and the baby stepping and elbowing ensued. Slowing moving all in. They had 2 lines to go in. one line was 1-75, other line was 76-150. The people the parking guard led got 76-150. I was one of the first to go to the gates once I saw them being led, I wasn't going to to wait for some announcement to commence. I ended up with #33 after I watched people block me and let their friends scutty up the side of the building like cockroaches.

thanks Mark for the information. It seems that it is just a free for all with basically no rules and no real organisation. Disney security need to be there to solve this surely

Fake names for online sign ups? Wouldn't DSF only have to require valid ID if your name is picked to eliminate the losers using fake names? ...and also require valid id when signing up in the first place? For example, require name and driver's license # when signing up...if you're picked, you need to show your driver's license to verify. That doesn't sound hard. Now I know what some people will say..."What about my 5 year old who doesn't have a driver's license?"

This past event we rushed over hoping that there wasn't 90 people in line already (there was) and we didnt get a wristband and yes it completely sucked but people waited in line much sooner than we did so they got a chance of getting pins that we didn't and that's how it works - sometimes you get pins and sometimes you don't.

While it sucks that you had to wait extra, you have made the best point yet. First come, first served!!!! it is the fairest way of any other. if someone gets there and is #151 and does not get a pin, that is not MY fault or anyone else's but theirs. That is called LIFE sometimes things go right, and sometimes they don't!!!!!!! If Psycho Pixie gets there before me, well then guess who should be ahead of me in line???

All this talk of Lotteries and pick a number crap is total whiny LOSER B.S. this whole discussion would not be happening if these pins had lady and the tramp, and Jack and Sally instead of UP and Tangled

Want to know the best solution, Do not announce releases, do like they did the jessica calendar, POOF its released. then would of mouth will spread and there will be no chaos whatsoever. people will come in, buy their pins and leave simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back