• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

September DSF Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
September DSF Pins
I think they will probably give out all the wristbands by the time I could physically arrive after work. Not saying they are 'hot' pins but it's still a DSF pin release and there are always lines of people. I do need the two BT pins I mentioned for Ashley's collection. With it being her birthday I don't want to drag her there and her not being able to buy the pins for retail. :/ I don't want to disappoint her on her birthday!

Cinderella wasn't sold out right away. The back to school pins, with a Jessica and a Stitch didn't sell out in the first 150, 11 people with wristbands didnt' even return. And then about 17-18 people still got Jessica after the first 150, me included. Tinker Bell has maybe 80 people in line, the marquee was there for days. DSF releases aren't always stupid busy. It's only when people hype the pins way up and presell them for 4 times cost (or more) and make it apparent to resellers there's a buck to be made. These pins won't be selling for tons so I don't think all the resellers will be showing up. I think you can come morning of and be fine. You should at least go the night before if you can to ask for a wristband. Even if you are over 150, which I doubt, no everyone will buy 2 full sets of these pins. Show up Sat. morning, you'll be fine. Check back here or on facebook and see if they announce how any wristband they've released so far and make a real-time educated decision.
I'm picking up 2 sets for a Florida DPF'er and a fellow SoCal DPF'er in need. There's not as many BT collectors out there as marquee collectors. With the recent BT's like Up surprise and Monsters Inc, Toy Story, there's a few more than before so they are gaining popularity. But they aren't as popular as marquee's, pixar pins, or Stitch/Jessica. How long did Melody Time last? over 6 weeks on the rack? I think they pulled the rest off the rack to take to Mickey's Circus for the boards.

This is such a crazy half-brain idea! I thought this release was going to be soo smooth since so many people are in florida and they weren't that "hot" I dont see why they would change it from 6-7pm the night before - to this crazy time schedule . . . .

I'm not sure why they did either. :/

Cinderella wasn't sold out right away. The back to school pins, with a Jessica and a Stitch didn't sell out in the first 150, 11 people with wristbands didnt' even return. And then about 17-18 people still got Jessica after the first 150, me included. Tinker Bell has maybe 80 people in line, the marquee was there for days. DSF releases aren't always stupid busy. It's only when people hype the pins way up and presell them for 4 times cost (or more) and make it apparent to resellers there's a buck to be made. These pins won't be selling for tons so I don't think all the resellers will be showing up. I think you can come morning of and be fine. You should at least go the night before if you can to ask for a wristband. Even if you are over 150, which I doubt, no everyone will buy 2 full sets of these pins. Show up Sat. morning, you'll be fine. Check back here or on facebook and see if they announce how any wristband they've released so far and make a real-time educated decision.
I'm picking up 2 sets for a Florida DPF'er and a fellow SoCal DPF'er in need. There's not as many BT collectors out there as marquee collectors. With the recent BT's like Up surprise and Monsters Inc, Toy Story, there's a few more than before so they are gaining popularity. But they aren't as popular as marquee's, pixar pins, or Stitch/Jessica. How long did Melody Time last? over 6 weeks on the rack? I think they pulled the rest off the rack to take to Mickey's Circus for the boards.

Well this would be my first time trying for a wristband for a DSF release. Showing up Saturday morning is not a bad idea at all. We'll have to figure it out. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, they make it sooo easy for those of us that work, don't they? I mean why don't they just sell the pins on Friday then?

This is such a crazy half-brain idea! I thought this release was going to be soo smooth since so many people are in florida and they weren't that "hot" I dont see why they would change it from 6-7pm the night before - to this crazy time schedule . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back