• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Super Tangled Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Super Tangled Giveaway!
I love fun discussions like this!

My dream is to open a internet cafe/bookstore with my sister. We've planned this since we were 10 and 7 years old. She will run the cafe portion while I handle the bookstore part. Since it's been in the planning stages for so long, we just need to work on the financial end. The name of the store will be KASAMIE, it's a merging of our names. Ideally, we would like to be located in Alaska, then open a branch in the northeast. It's funny how we may not agree on many things, but this shared dream has never changed. So maybe one day in the future, I'll be able to set up pin events at KASAMIE's :)

I have dreams like you, -- no, really!
Just much less touchy-feely
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
On an island that I own
Tanned and rested and alone
Surrounded by enormous piles of money!

Wow its so amazing reading all of these. Its amazing to see all of the writers and artists here!!! May the writing gods be with you ~ as writing college essays were painful enough for me. I couldn't immagine coming up with an entire novel/fiction book!!!

I have a few dreams, I am sort of in the awkward space in my life where I cannot get a job in my industry, but have the knowledge and experience to work in most industries. So I am in the hanger. My DREAM is to one day own my own successfuly Skilled Nursing Facility for the elderly. I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator in the state of Callifornia. I absolutely LOVE the elderly and absolutely LOVE helping them. I think the best combo would be for me to run and own a building and have people working that actually have moralle and actually CARE about the people they are caring for.

My other dream is to work for Disney ~ whatever fashion that would be. I would LOVE to be in the parks, but I think I am going to have to be working across from Vicki in the office doing accounting or something along those lines lol.

If not Disney, then to stasrt a business in which I can live comfortably, not over the top $$, but just enough to live comfortably in my life and have a business that I enjoy. Do I know what that is yet? Nope, but I am working on it ;)

Well my dream is to own a Tangled lithograph =P
I guess my other dream is survive my degree become a amazing social worker, learn to ride a horse and to go on lots of holidays with the people i love.

Seeing as the Space Shuttle Program is ending soon...My goal is to help the USA get to Mars (eventually)!!

There is so much inspiration here! And thanks to DPF for another great giveaway!

I am living my dream now, not working! It was not of my choice though, but I am enjoying it to its fullest while it lasts! The bummer about dreams is they don't always pay the bills!

Wow, so many aspiring writers and artists among the pin traders! Who knew?

Having never been to Florida and WDW, you'd think my dream would be to take a trip there and visit. But what I really want to do is visit Washington D.C.

wow. what great dreams...

I've been thinking long and hard and a rather simple dream is: going to disneyworld next year. If I would have enough money I would take my sister, her boyfriend and my best friend with her husband.

A bigger dream is getting better. And with that, I mean get out of my depression and being able to stop taking medicines which have side-effects that aren't so great for my body...but I'm getting there. Going to Disney tomorrow makes it a little better!

My goal is to pass my NCLEX exam and become a licensed RN. I want to help people and care for them when they need it most. I want to be a light in this world.

My goal is to attend a pin trading event.

I have tickets to go to Mousemeets in the UK & the September event in WDW, so should be simple. Unfortunately I have a social phobia and getting myself to a position where I can walk through the door will take some doing but I'm determined to be there.

Wow its so amazing reading all of these. Its amazing to see all of the writers and artists here!!! May the writing gods be with you ~ as writing college essays were painful enough for me. I couldn't immagine coming up with an entire novel/fiction book!!!

I have a few dreams, I am sort of in the awkward space in my life where I cannot get a job in my industry, but have the knowledge and experience to work in most industries. So I am in the hanger. My DREAM is to one day own my own successfuly Skilled Nursing Facility for the elderly. I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator in the state of Callifornia. I absolutely LOVE the elderly and absolutely LOVE helping them. I think the best combo would be for me to run and own a building and have people working that actually have moralle and actually CARE about the people they are caring for.

My other dream is to work for Disney ~ whatever fashion that would be. I would LOVE to be in the parks, but I think I am going to have to be working across from Vicki in the office doing accounting or something along those lines lol.

If not Disney, then to stasrt a business in which I can live comfortably, not over the top $$, but just enough to live comfortably in my life and have a business that I enjoy. Do I know what that is yet? Nope, but I am working on it ;)

Girl we can trade pins during lunch!!!!

Vicki

Every single day I hope, pray, and dream that I can ignore the negatives and truly learn to appreciate the positives. My mom continues to be in breast cancer remission, I'm in love with an amazing man, and I am gainfully employed during the recession. While stuck in the daily grind, it's so easy to lose sight of what's truly important. <3

My goal in life is to become a Editorial Photographer and work with magazines. Photography is my biggest hobby and it is also what I aspire to do in life.

Similar to Vicky's post, one of our dreams is to move to the LA area and work for Disney. My wife has always wanted to work "back office" for Disney, even as a little kid (imagineer > superhero)... We list it as our "Paradise Falls" to move down there at some point and retire there helping people have a wonderful time at the parks, and being part of the magic. We're in Northern California, so the common joke is "It's like California, only south!"

One of my biggest dream/goals in my life is to managed and if it possible have my on animal shelter and help unfortunate animals as much as possible and hopefully by doing this give these animals an opportunity to have a second chance at life and make their time here in this world as pleasant as possible. just because they are animals, they don't deserve less than us. that is my dream. :)

one of my biggest dream/goals in my life is to managed and if it possible have my on animal shelter and help unfortunate animals as much as possible and hopefully by doing this give these animals an opportunity to have a second chance at life and make their time here in this world as pleasant as possible. Just because they are animals, they don't deserve less than us. That is my dream. :)

LIKE! :bigthumb:

My dream is to feel happy, content and secure in life. Without going into personal details the past 6 or 7 years have been difficult and I can only hope one day I will look back on this time as something that has made me stronger. What I really want is to have steady support to get through difficult times in my life. Someone to turn to.
An unrealistic part of this dream is that I would love to meet strong female role models in the world and just give them a big hug for the comfort I have got from them - it may seem silly but many of them are just singers, actors, writers like Celine Dion, Mariska Hargitay and many more.
Of course if I could I would give Walt one too for providing me with the love of Disney that has provided me with so much more than words describe!

Similar to Vicky's post, one of our dreams is to move to the LA area and work for Disney. My wife has always wanted to work "back office" for Disney, even as a little kid (imagineer > superhero)... We list it as our "Paradise Falls" to move down there at some point and retire there helping people have a wonderful time at the parks, and being part of the magic. We're in Northern California, so the common joke is "It's like California, only south!"

Dude! Between you, me, Heather and John, Disney would be a total blast!!!!!! I don't know if they could handle all of us. lolol

Vicki

My dream is to feel happy, content and secure in life. Without going into personal details the past 6 or 7 years have been difficult and I can only hope one day I will look back on this time as something that has made me stronger. What I really want is to have steady support to get through difficult times in my life. Someone to turn to.
An unrealistic part of this dream is that I would love to meet strong female role models in the world and just give them a big hug for the comfort I have got from them - it may seem silly but many of them are just singers, actors, writers like Celine Dion, Mariska Hargitay and many more.
Of course if I could I would give Walt one too for providing me with the love of Disney that has provided me with so much more than words describe!

+1 :)

Growing up in a family that believed that settling was the best thing you could do for yourself made me turn to many strong female role models as well.
I wouldn't be who I am today without that influence.
I graduated from FIDM & within 6 days was working as an assistant designer.
I would love to make fashion a positive business again, & create clothes that give that sense of wonder & magic & happiness to those who wear them.
(Inspired by Disney much? lol )

But in the end, I feel the same Aveen (sorry I don't know your name :( )
Happiness is my main goal in life, whether it is career, love, pins, whatever!
I want to be happy, & help those around me feel the same.

Last edited:
Every single day I hope, pray, and dream that I can ignore the negatives and truly learn to appreciate the positives. My mom continues to be in breast cancer remission, I'm in love with an amazing man, and I am gainfully employed during the recession. While stuck in the daily grind, it's so easy to lose sight of what's truly important. <3

WOW!!!!! We are so not worthy! Beautiful goals and we can tell your a beautiful person for them.

Vicki

Neither my hubby or I went to college.. Neither did our parents or grandparents, etc. Our two kids each have a year left. I want them to have a beeter life. Once they graduate, I'm going. I want to make a difference in the world.

More selfish dream? To someday get to WDW! And to someday attend a pin event. :)

What a great thread, I have loved reading every one of these entries and feel like I have learned a bit about all of you.

As for me, when my 4th (last) child was born, I remember talking to my husband and saying "you know, when the kids are all in school, I think I want to go to nursing school." (I have previous degrees in another field). One year later, my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer, and 17 months after that, he died. Our kids were 9, 7, 4 and 2 and our life as we knew it was blown apart.

Since his death, I have sold our house, moved 2000 miles away, relocated us all, and now lo and behold, time has passed and all my kids are old enough to be in school full-time.

It took me a while to figure out what all my prerequisites and what I would need to apply to nursing school, and last fall I took my first class (org. chemistry). This semester I am in Biochemistry and just preregistered for next semester.

This is poignant for me because tomorrow it will be 5 years since he died. It's always a hard time of year for me, and sometimes I still can't believe it's real. He was only 44 when he died, and such a smart, funny guy. I wish he was here to tell that I am actually taking Chem classes! So I will tell all of you instead. :)

Laura

One of my dreams is to win a DFS contest so I can get another ribbon under my name.....lol
My real dream (that will become a reality in time) is to see my children grow up happy and go to college and build a foundation for themselves and always be happy.
My second dream (and I have worked on this one for a long long time) is for my band to get a record deal and go on tour.
And finally to be a headliner magician in Vegas.

OK, and win the lottery too.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back