• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total of Up pins on E-bay ??
<3 To laz :p
On a happier note: here are some pics of the pins. I got them today! :) SOOOO HAPPY!!!
18316cde.jpg

The hair is a little bright, but I think it's adorable.
78a7bc1f.jpg

Cute
bb767616.jpg

This is my favorite, personally. I love the mailbox and the colors. SO nice!!
48e1ebe9.jpg

Her eyes bug me a little, but the pin itself is very cute.

Here's my 2 cents:

With all the good releases come equal, if not more, bad releases. And this happens on both coasts; although the higher frequency and variety of stores in CA make it seem more like it is just "those Cali people." Florida still gets it share of pin releases.

While this is a good release, look at all the recent "bad" releases at all places.
Last April's Alice event: everything was crazy for a bit, then pins got scrapped and there were leftovers. Now pins are being sold close to retail price.
Last May's WDI Jessica release: Grim and I, plus many others waited up to 9 hours for AP frame sets, but they didn't release any.
Last May's DSF Pirates 4 release: people waited overnight, but all pins were still available in the afternoon
Last Oct's WDW 40th pin release: people waited hours upon hours in line for pins. Our DPF group waited 20 mins at 4pm and EVERYTHING (except vinylmations) was still available. And most pins were still available a month afterwards.

So for someone that relies on re-selling pins and waiting for the releases, the market is very volatile and they take a big risk that the release will be a "good" one.
We hear complaining when the re-sellers are successful, but do we ever hear them complain when the release tanks and they can't get rid of their crap?

I'm not supporting or condoning re-sellers, just trying to provide a neutral opinion.

Last edited:
I have never received anything from you to my knowledge and I have never asked you to pick anything up for me. So how can you judge what kind of person I am based on a thread?

What you don't seem to understand is that just because you only have interactions with one person when you're buying/selling, doesn't mean that others are also involved with the transaction. You've burned a lot of bridges with people in California (not just myself), and I'm honestly not surprised that you did not get this set.

That being set aside, a few comments about this release...

For people that are reselling. Good for them, and have at it. When you take into consideration that they are selling these sets for $250, and you take out the cost of shipping and the pins themselves, these resellers are only making approximately $15/hour for their time spent to get these pins. Yes, it was cold, smelly, and miserable. But to be completely honest, I wouldn't drag by butt out of bed to be in a temperature controlled, comfortable environment for only $15/hour. You're lucky that I'm not reselling this set, because I'd be charging a whooooooole lot more.

If you didn't get the set: that's too bad. Welcome to pin trading; we've been at it for 10+ years, and I'm sure an opportunity will come along where you'll be able to acquire these pins sooner or later. That's the entire point, right? To be on the look out for those HTF pieces of metal you've been hunting for!

If you did get the set: Good for you! If you were at the release, thanks for being reasonable with the CMs and for not getting out of hand. From what I hear, it sounds like it was a good reputation of our community, and that the event (itself) was run pretty well. Sure there can always be improvements, but overall job well done on both ends. Now, please feel free to do whatever you wish with your pins.

If you were at the event, but didn't get a set: That's truly a bummer. :( I give credit to you for hanging out, but maybe things will turn out better for you in the future!

If you're upset about "presales" that were cancelled: Seriously? There's a whooooollleee, brick ton of people that didn't get this set. I legitimately believe that these people most likely thought they'd be able to waltz in at 10 am and pick up the set. That didn't happen, and they have to refund their customers. Before we hear another person crying wolf with this unrealistic story, find me hard evidence of the contrary (ie: a cancelled presale from an ebay seller that was relisted for a much higher amount).

This isn't the first time this thread has ever come up, and it certainly won't be the last. Welcome to having a collectibles hobby (and life in general) .... sh!t happens.

Since I was one of the presale buyers and saw a post from another presale buyer , with both of us saying we totally choose to believe with the massive number there that the Ebay seller was unable to get the pins as they stated,and that we were refunded our money promptly, I don't know why this question of the seller doing other transactions with the pins keeps popping up in the topic. I haven't seen anyone claiming they are doing this. I for one am totally fine with it and take their word that they DID NOT GET THE PINS. I took a gamble that I might get lucky with pins that were going to be very desirable. It didn't pay off and I am none the worse for it. Money back guaranteed!

If you're upset about "presales" that were cancelled: Seriously? There's a whooooollleee, brick ton of people that didn't get this set. I legitimately believe that these people most likely thought they'd be able to waltz in at 10 am and pick up the set. That didn't happen, and they have to refund their customers. Before we hear another person crying wolf with this unrealistic story, find me hard evidence of the contrary (ie: a cancelled presale from an ebay seller that was relisted for a much higher amount).

Last edited:
+1

What you don't seem to understand is that just because you only have interactions with one person when you're buying/selling, doesn't mean that others are also involved with the transaction. You've burned a lot of bridges with people in California (not just myself), and I'm honestly not surprised that you did not get this set.

For people that are reselling. Good for them, and have at it. When you take into consideration that they are selling these sets for $250, and you take out the cost of shipping and the pins themselves, these resellers are only making approximately $15/hour for their time spent to get these pins. Yes, it was cold, smelly, and miserable. But to be completely honest, I wouldn't drag by butt out of bed to be in a temperature controlled, comfortable environment for only $15/hour. You're lucky that I'm not reselling this set, because I'd be charging a whooooooole lot more.

If you didn't get the set: that's too bad. Welcome to pin trading; we've been at it for 10+ years, and I'm sure an opportunity will come along where you'll be able to acquire these pins sooner or later. That's the entire point, right? To be on the look out for those HTF pieces of metal you've been hunting for!

If you did get the set: Good for you! If you were at the release, thanks for being reasonable with the CMs and for not getting out of hand. From what I hear, it sounds like it was a good reputation of our community, and that the event (itself) was run pretty well. Sure there can always be improvements, but overall job well done on both ends. Now, please feel free to do whatever you wish with your pins.

If you were at the event, but didn't get a set: That's truly a bummer. :( I give credit to you for hanging out, but maybe things will turn out better for you in the future!

This isn't the first time this thread has ever come up, and it certainly won't be the last. Welcome to having a collectibles hobby (and life in general) .... sh!t happens.

+ 1,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my $.02....Is it a bummer they are being sold at such an elevated price, particularly for those that just gotta have them NOW, but honestly if people are willing to over pay, that's their choice, guess that means they REALLY wanted the pins. Personally I'd have a hard time not wanting to trade something like this away, just knowing that a) the pins will be on eBay at some point for $20 and b)I can get a pin or pins I'd have to actually pay a lot for and are much harder to come by. So, putting things into perspective, I can't really blame someone for trying to profit, either monetarily or pin wise. I'm sure everyone out there would gladly trade a new pin for an older grail pin, even if they are hot right now or to be able to gain a little extra to buy another pin you really wanted. We all have a certain value to our pins and there are people that seem to always do good for others while at the same time there are those who take advantage of others. It sucks to be on the short end of the stick, unfortunatly, we've ALL been there. Personally I love those on here who have helped me out so much! My collection would be a lot thinner with out them, lol! I personally worry constantly that I'm putting them out or being just a plain, pain in the butt! If they help me, awesome, and if they don't, that's fine too. Having met several of you now, I think that everyone's heart is in the right place, passion just gets the best of us sometimes and frustrations spill out. I hope you all get your pins, just give it some time and I think you'll be happy!

Lemec - thank you for the awesome ZAP of the vinylmation Oyster Chaser. It was just what I needed to cheer my day. I have to find you something off your wants list to repay all your kindness. I'm so glad we got to meet and I'm icing down my "passion" for the UP pins. I'm going back to my Mom's saying of "Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be, The future's not ours to see" and know that someday I will get those pins and they will mean even more to me.

Don't mention it Margaret, I figure I still owe you a few for letting my son raid your trader bag at PTN, lol. Did you at least get any good AIW pins in those four boxes?

Congrats to those who got the pins and triple kudos to those who helped someone else get them!

Anytime I go to the parks, DSF or anywhere else Disney, I always offer friends to pick up anything they need. I'm happy to do it and I don't expect anything more in return.

Recently I offered to pick up some pins for a sweet fellow pin trader. When I got to D Land they only had two of the original six available. I purchased them and then traded like crazy to get two more. Did I trade high? Yeah, but the pin trader really wanted the set for herself, so I thought why not.

She is only paying me the actual cost of the pins, which is fair to me. It makes me feel good to try and help others.

I can't complain how people re-sell because that is life. It may not seem fair but it is life. :-(. Supply and Demand......

Vicki

Lemec, I got the Alice Color, Alice Chaser, and the Queen of Hearts color. YEA for me!!!! I need to send you the money for the boxes. Will do it tomorrow. Did you get any boxes for yourself?

Vicki, you are a true blue friend and I hope your's is not one of those unknown bridges that I unknowingly burned. You have really helped me in the past and I'm going to find one of your grails or else. They are as hard to get as mine are (LOL).

I'm being positive that I will find these someday and actually finish my UP frame. Then I can begin the serious job of downsizing my collection so something that is more fun and manageable. My pin collection has gotten to large to enjoy and it's becoming a chore to sort and try to organize them. So I'm going back to fun.

Good luck to everyone trying to get these and just remember - Someday your pins will come!

I bought a couple boxes to trade...I try to stay away from mystery boxes...they're like crack, one box and you're hooked!

Wow what a thread! I have to agree with the GrimGrinner on this one. I can't imagine going to Hollywood and standing in the cold all night for a pin release!! Reminds me of the the POH releases at DLR where people hid in the bushes before the line formed. One of those experiences sours you for life on going to limited releases. Line cutting is just a way a life for some. Very sad. The really sad part is that it could all be avoided by simply running a random selection process for these kind of limited edition pins. Shame on you Disney! This kind of behavior is driving people away from pin collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back