• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total of Up pins on E-bay ??
A list of what is going on with the DSF UP pin sets.

Here is your list of what is on eBay with prices current as of this post and a list of what has been sold.

There are 150 sets. 2 have been broken down for singles not on list below.

I am assuming the wants for individuals relate to owning a set (with mind that some just want a certain era pin) the average want/trade ratio are roughly 15/80.

there are 27 sets listed on eBay sold and selling.

There are 15 unbroken sets on Pinpics.

LE150 - 29 sets (eBay) = 121 - 15 sets (traders on Pinpics) = 106 sets in collections?

as you can see DI (ID's shortened) sold plenty of sets. I am assuming they were the family with 4 kids with tickets in the #40's. Some are selling their extra set and some are selling 2 sets.

CURRENTLY ON EBAYACTUAL SOLD
BUY IT NOWID NAMESOLDID NAME
199.0061$250.00DI
201.5061$249.99DI
375.00DI$249.99DI
BEST OFFER299.00J$249.99DI
290.00JO$199.99DI
245.00LO$250.00LB
199.69249.69MA$249.00PE
200.00250.00MIC$241.00SC
333.33PI$295.95SC
333.33PI$235.00SP
239.99289.99SC$279.95TH
299.99339.00SI
295.95TH
269.00299.00YEN
BEST OFFER289.95YEN
368.50YO

Last edited:
Man this is getting crazy lol The only thing I disagree on is the fact I doubt these pins will be selling for $35 soon. Maybe in the future. I believe the reason they were so popular was because it was scenes that people had been asking for. This is the first time that the "mailbox" pin has been made. I personally think they will keep their value for a while. Just my two cents.

Wow...kudos for the detailed information!
Here is your list of what is on eBay with prices current as of this post and a list of what has been sold.

There are 150 sets. 2 have been broken down for singles not on list below.

I am assuming the wants for individuals relate to owning a set (with mind that some just want a certain era pin) the average want/trade ratio are roughly 15/80.

there are 27 sets listed on eBay sold and selling.

There are 15 unbroken sets on Pinpics.

LE150 - 29 sets (eBay) = 121 - 15 sets (traders on Pinpics) = 106 sets in collections?

as you can see DI (ID's shortened) sold plenty of sets. I am assuming they were the family with 4 kids with tickets in the #40's. Some are selling their extra set and some are selling 2 sets.

CURRENTLY ON EBAYACTUAL SOLD
BUY IT NOWID NAMESOLDID NAME
199.0061$250.00DI
201.5061$249.99DI
375.00DI$249.99DI
BEST OFFER299.00J$249.99DI
290.00JO$199.99DI
245.00LO$250.00LB
199.69249.69MA$249.00PE
200.00250.00MIC$241.00SC
333.33PI$295.95SC
333.33PI$235.00SP
239.99289.99SC$279.95TH
299.99339.00SI
295.95TH
269.00299.00YEN
BEST OFFER289.95YEN
368.50YO

I am an UP compleatist and needed these pins. I needed 2 sets and keeping them.

Has a picture of Carl already seen in DS.com (Pin 78743) but only the 2nd Ellie as a child with hair!
The least popular pin in the set. but an UP collector must have.
Must have due to the mail box alone. wish it had the hand paint print.
another must have due to the two chairs. I wish it was a solo release with the two chairs individual on one card.

I am an UP compleatist and needed these pins. I needed 2 sets and keeping them.

Has a picture of Carl already seen in DS.com (Pin 78743) but only the 2nd Ellie as a child with hair!
The least popular pin in the set. but an UP collector must have.
Must have due to the mail box alone. wish it had the hand paint print.
another must have due to the two chairs. I wish it was a solo release with the two chairs individual on one card.

I think these pins are AWESOME. To see their growth in the beginning of the movie is so emotional. Must have pins if you love UP

If you all think that the re-sellers have the right to screw people over then go ahead and be on the wrong side of life. We can agree to disagree.

Ok, I just had to comment on this. I would consider a seller screwing someone over if they misrepresented a pin in a way or sold it for far beyond the current market value for the pin. However, I don't see this situation as anyone being screwed over at all. From the information in this post, it looks like the sets have closed for an average value of $240. In my mind, anyone asking for that value in either trades or selling is not screwing people over but just asking market value. Just because a price is high does not mean people are getting screwed over. No one is forcing anyone to buy the pins at that or any price. People have free choice. They will give up what they feel it is worth and nothing else.

This set is simply amazing! The colors and the size are perfect. I'm paying $265 for a set WITH the Lady and the Tramp marquee from MASTER. I believe it's a great deal :wiggle:

We were #41-42-43-44. My daughter did bring her friend with her and my hubby came (for the first time ever) so that we could get the set for ourselves and (at cost) for another friend (who had been doing DSF releases for us over the last year and just recently moved out of the area so we wanted to "pay it forward"). That left us two sets to trade -- we offered one of the sets to another friend (at cost) when the Ebay seller that they purchased their set from refunded their money. She said we should try to trade for some of my daughter's more sought after pins and they have since been able to make another trade for the set. We have since made a trade for some harder to find pins from our wants list. We still have another set for trade - hoping to acquire some of my daughter's more "harder to find" Ariel pins -- that we never seem to have "enough" of anything else to trade for. The trade we did make is very equal to the current market value of these pins (if not more generous on the other person's part) and for that we are very grateful. We were very excited about this release (my daughter especially) because of the scenes that had never been done before (specifically, the mailbox and the chairs). Can't say we are Up "completist's" because we are still missing about 12 Up pins for our collection -- but most of those are the Up pins from the first DSF release -- that are now being sold for well over $100 - $150 EACH!! How's that for a mark-up!! Just my two cents.

Ok, I just had to comment on this. I would consider a seller screwing someone over if they misrepresented a pin in a way or sold it for far beyond the current market value for the pin. However, I don't see this situation as anyone being screwed over at all. From the information in this post, it looks like the sets have closed for an average value of $240. In my mind, anyone asking for that value in either trades or selling is not screwing people over but just asking market value. Just because a price is high does not mean people are getting screwed over. No one is forcing anyone to buy the pins at that or any price. People have free choice. They will give up what they feel it is worth and nothing else.

Well for one, the Market/Retail Value was set by Disney...People who go to the releases of these pins to take advantage of the true collectors and place Shark Price values to make money off the kind people who go crazy collecting shiny pieces of metal are another story...and what i was talking about was all the people who bought the set at a set price or Pre-traded, and expected to get the set and then were refunded their money or told that they weren't able to Trade due to "not obtaining the Pins" and then turning around and selling them for a higher price to others...that was wrong in my opinion...

Hope this explanation tells you where i was coming from <3 But you are right. We have the freedom of free choice, and Putting my insane Pin Addiction aside that make me feel like a Disney Crack Addict. Most of the collectors that had the $$$ to throw down on it. and Publicly announced it sort of "set the going price" and ruined the release... making it a frenzy over these particular 4 pieces of Disney Crack LoL

As long as the people buying these sets are happy with them it doesn't matter anyways. the more they pay the more Sharks swim through the Water and Filter it.

Happy Hunting. But I won't be spending that cash on those pins <3

Last edited:
We were #41-42-43-44. My daughter did bring her friend with her and my hubby came (for the first time ever) so that we could get the set for ourselves and (at cost) for another friend (who had been doing DSF releases for us over the last year and just recently moved out of the area so we wanted to "pay it forward"). That left us two sets to trade -- we offered one of the sets to another friend (at cost) when the Ebay seller that they purchased their set from refunded their money. She said we should try to trade for some of my daughter's more sought after pins and they have since been able to make another trade for the set. We have since made a trade for some harder to find pins from our wants list. We still have another set for trade - hoping to acquire some of my daughter's more "harder to find" Ariel pins -- that we never seem to have "enough" of anything else to trade for. The trade we did make is very equal to the current market value of these pins (if not more generous on the other person's part) and for that we are very grateful. We were very excited about this release (my daughter especially) because of the scenes that had never been done before (specifically, the mailbox and the chairs). Can't say we are Up "completist's" because we are still missing about 12 Up pins for our collection -- but most of those are the Up pins from the first DSF release -- that are now being sold for well over $100 - $150 EACH!! How's that for a mark-up!! Just my two cents.

+1 :)

Okay I Need Everyone to know....

I am not talking about collectors who resell and collect pins. Especially here on DPF. I am ONLY Referring to those people who Go to the releases ONLY to take advantage of the Disney Pin Collectors. Please see the Difference in these two <3 I Know there are many people here who Buy and Sell Pins and Yes the Value of some pins goes higher than others. Also there are many here who sell with great prices and give specials and sales and what not :) I appreciate ALL of you very Much! :)

AGAIN This is ONLY about the NON-Collectors that are trying Hard to take Advantage of Us <3

<3 Laz :)

Just for the sake of argument. I don't hear the same chats about your Jessica pins??? There was a recent release at DSF and now the VALUE has doubles and tripled. Some DS.com are going for more than the UP set and have greater LE's. Value is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck in your Jessica DLRP pin. So before sharks are mentioned, it is because it is something someone wanted, collected or wanted to buy to trade for something they needed??

Nuff said.

...and what i was talking about was all the people who bought the set at a set price or Pre-traded, and expected to get the set and then were refunded their money or told that they weren't able to Trade due to "not obtaining the Pins" and then turning around and selling them for a higher price to others...that was wrong in my opinion...

Does any one for a fact if the sellers who sold the set at the lower prices did in fact get the pins and just backed out due to market value? While it is a very likely outcome. You do not know if that is the fact. Several people showed up before the the allowed for the line up and ended up missing out. Also, someone thinking they are getting a set worth $250 is much more likely to make sure they get the set vs someone making $24 profit on ebay. Also, those were sold before the line up time was changed to 11pm. It is very likely the seller was not able to get them with the new rules.

Just for the sake of argument. I don't hear the same chats about your Jessica pins??? There was a recent release at DSF and now the VALUE has doubles and tripled. Some DS.com are going for more than the UP set and have greater LE's. Value is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck in your Jessica DLRP pin. So before sharks are mentioned, it is because it is something someone wanted, collected or wanted to buy to trade for something they needed??

Nuff said.

The Jessica pins you refer to were purchased at cost by many of us. We have friends who can get most of the pins. But here is the real problem. Many of us in Florida go to events and purchase pins for CA traders at cost to help them complete their collections. When we ask CA seller to return the favor we get nada. They can't go, it's too cold, it's too hot, we are feeling good so as a result we never get the pins from CA at cost. I am fortunate that I have someone who gets me pins at a little above cost so I'm able to get most of them. But releases like this, those of us in Florida never have a chance. We don't have a DSF or a Mickey's of Glendale that has special releases. I just think it's shameful that the CA people treat us this way. I had two people who were going to get me a set and neither went. So I don't have a set. I'm refusing to pay $300 for a $50 set of pins. I just hope those folks in CA who sold us pins at cost and then we "unable to get a set" remember that what you give out if what you get back.

Ive seen the jessica releases before now and they only ever got a slight mark up value when people were reselling them, and the prices they are now only got there with time. That goes for many pins nowadays.

I wouldnt say you can compare this release to his jessica pins as she is alot more popular than UP and so the market is different when it comes to her pins. You could throw that arguement at DLRP PTN pins but then again the prices for those were driven with time so the arguement is a little flawed on that. These UP pins were selling alright at around $25 each or $90 a set and when DSF changed the rules then BOOM instant price hike on ebay.

Sorry to here that margaret :(

But releases like this, those of us in Florida never have a chance. I just think it's shameful that the CA people treat us this way. I just hope those folks in CA who sold us pins at cost and then we "unable to get a set" remember that what you give out if what you get back.

I'm tired of you playing the victim Margaret. Don't act live you've never gotten anything amazing at cost from CA before, because I truly know the insane deals you've gotten from people out here. You should feel honored for the things you have received, and not being able to get this release (or any other release not made in FL) will not be the end of the world.

I'm tired of you playing the victim Margaret. Don't act live you've never gotten anything amazing at cost from CA before, because I truly know the insane deals you've gotten from people out here. You should feel honored for the things you have received, and not being able to get this release (or any other release not made in FL) will not be the end of the world.

Grim, I notice how you zoomed in on only PART of my post and negelcted to mention the "We have friends who can get most of the pins." part of my post. AND I never anywhere in my post said I was a victim nor do I feel like I was victimized. I just think that when you make a deal with someone you should live up to the deal. I have gone to events when I was ill or in a neck brace because I promised people I would get them the pins. Because I made a deal, which to me is like a promise. And yes, I am so honored to have gotten many wonderful items from my FRIENDS in California. I have never received anything from you to my knowledge and I have never asked you to pick anything up for me. So how can you judge what kind of person I am based on a thread?

You miss the point that people like me, who also spent 11 hours in the alley, with hopes of a few left overs got nothing. I was there to buy a set for myself to keep. I can afford $50 for pins but I'm not going to pay $250 for them. I would have got a set if greedy low lifes wouldn't have cut or worked shady deals to get into the line way after 11pm to get sets. I was there, I was inside 150. Then people's greed and selfishness get in the way and they put themselves before others and cut. Shame on them, pin karma is a B!

I am new to collecting and I have bought pins from DSF in the past hoping they would be worth more so I could trade them for pins I really want but are too valuable to trade current LE's for. I see the same families show up for the popular releases. I know the person above that said they were in the 40's in line. They are not the folks I am talking about. I am avoiding using any racial connotations but there is a specific group of folks that have been coming more and more that seem to be taking advantage of the system for profit, not for collecting.

I understand that some people bought them to sell for profit to be able to afford their grail pins that sell for lots of money too. It's those 8 or so people that cut last minute or worked some shady deal to get in the line after midnight that really irk me. And it upsets me hearing all these people saying "get over it." People like you allow it to happen and don't uphold integrity and good morals. I assume you either got a set or didn't even show up. The 10 or so of us that stayed the night and still got no Up pins are the ones that have a dog in the fight...

...This thread is hurting my head.

Really people? Did you not expect people to be re-selling these pins?!? It always happens!!! You knew going into the release that there would be people buying the pins to re-sell them. It happens with EVERY release! Remember the Alice in Disneyland pins? Remember the D23 Princess set? Remember the Haunted Mansion event in 2009? Remember every other pin release? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or trying to start up any issues, but I knew that this would happen. Take a look:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?11144-Kiss-DSF-releases-goodbye&p=139821#post139821
Everyone has a right to do whatever they want with the pins they purchased. They stood in line with everyone else. When it comes to an LE of 150, you know not everyone is going to get the pins they want. Ever think that someone purchased them to keep, something came up, and had to sell them for the money? I've seen people selling their pins here because they had an emergency. You never know. Just please, please, lets be peaceable with each other. And there are ALWAYS people purchasing collector items to re-sell. You see these people all the time at comic conventions (yep, I'm a nerd. It happens.) It comes with the territory of being a collector. But I do no think people cutting in line for the pins is right either. Cheating is never the way to go. It sounds like DSF tried their hardest to keep order. I only wish some people would be good enough to regulate themselves. But these pin releases are not worth the fuss. They're tiny bits of metal and enamel made in China and shipped over here for us to own. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and kudos of making them known. But lets nice to each other.

Good luck to all of you trying to get them. I know how it feels to really want a specific pin. Just give it time and be patient. You'll wake up one day and realize, "Hot dog! I own that pin now!"

- Alex

Last edited:
Wow!! lol!! All I have to say to this thread is that after 11 hours in freezing weather with the scent of pee all night, I would not sell nor trade my pins!! I love them!!! :cry:

Hi Laz... Not sure if you remember me but we traded not too long ago via pinpics. I had the Pocahontas beloved tales.

Really people? Did you not expect people to be re-selling these pins?!? It always happens!!! You knew going into the release that there would be people buying the pins to re-sell them. It happens with EVERY release! Remember the Alice in Disneyland pins? Remember the D23 Princess set? Remember the Haunted Mansion event in 2009? Remember every other pin release?

Funny, Aren't all those events your naming in California? ...Makes ya think huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back