• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total of Up pins on E-bay ??
.... you're right!!!

The only possible explanation is that we Californians are all crazy people. I mean c'mon, we elected the Terminator as Governor! Though that was pretty cool.

+1,000 ;) I'm Just Kidding lol I have a Lot of Cali Friends Here. I see a lot of people can Be crazy from time to time, me included lol <3

Wow!! lol!! All I have to say to this thread is that after 11 hours in freezing weather with the scent of pee all night, I would not sell nor trade my pins!! I love them!!! :cry:

Hi Laz... Not sure if you remember me but we traded not too long ago via pinpics. I had the Pocahontas beloved tales.

Hey Girl Heyyy! Yay! and Yes I Remember! <3 <3 <3 Thank you! and I <3 It so Much <3 <3 <3 :)

We were one of the ones who prepurchased the UP set for $90 and were notified by the seller that they were not able to purchase them from the DSF. I received a full refund promptly and choose to not doubt their story. After hearing how many people were unable to get the pins, I am going to believe they honestly did not get the pins. If it turns out that they are being untruthful to me (and others) and were able to purchase them with the intention of selling them later for a larger profit, then they have to look at themselves in the mirror. I am sorry for all the people who stood in line for so long and didn't get the pins. I am also sorry for all the collectors who want them and haven't been able to get them yet. Hope everything works out for everyone.
Does any one for a fact if the sellers who sold the set at the lower prices did in fact get the pins and just backed out due to market value? While it is a very likely outcome. You do not know if that is the fact. Several people showed up before the the allowed for the line up and ended up missing out. Also, someone thinking they are getting a set worth $250 is much more likely to make sure they get the set vs someone making $24 profit on ebay. Also, those were sold before the line up time was changed to 11pm. It is very likely the seller was not able to get them with the new rules.

We were one of the ones who prepurchased the UP set for $90 and were notified by the seller that they were not able to purchase them from the DSF. I received a full refund promptly and choose to not doubt their story. After hearing how many people were unable to get the pins, I am going to believe they honestly did not get the pins. If it turns out that they are being untruthful to me (and others) and were able to purchase them with the intention of selling them later for a larger profit, then they have to look at themselves in the mirror. I am sorry for all the people who stood in line for so long and didn't get the pins. I am also sorry for all the collectors who want them and haven't been able to get them yet. Hope everything works out for everyone.

I pre-purchased 3 of the 4 pins at $24.99 (or was it $23.99) each. I also got the same story and don't doubt it. She mentioned that there were over 150 people by 5 am, so I suspect she didn't learn about the new rules about lining up at 11 pm the night before.

I know that the prices on this set are now ridiculously high and that many of you are upset about resellers. But just remember that those people stood in line, at night, on the street, and in dirty Hollywood for almost 11 hours waiting for those pins. That is a lot of heck to go through and not get paid properly for it. I did not go personally, but the prices are reasonable if you think about everything they went through.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I went thru this and my set went into my collection. But trust me it was a loooooooong coooooold night! Then if you add in all of the anxiety and stress with the unofficial line and the trying to figure out how it was all going to work. It was quite a bit of work.

I agree. I've only had to spend the night outside one time and it was enough. My poor old 60+ year old body had a hard time getting over it. But I got the pins and everyone was happy. I just wish they would open a DSF store in Florida.

I understand everyone's frustration at the situation. With the limit of one per person, you can be darn sure I wouldn't be standing in that line for 10+ hours unless I needed these pins for my collection. On the other hand, I think the limit of one per person may have actually discouraged re-selling as they would have to actually have a warm body in line for EACH and EVERY pin set purchased. In a way, the re-sellers kind of earned the mark-up. That is a loooooong time to stand in line. If you figure actual prices and then what they are selling for now, the people got paid around $20 an hour for standing in line. All night. Outside. In the cold.

1) Get a set for yourself - lots of love / your a collector (having to sell your set later or when the love fades is understandable.)

2) Help a friend get a set - you generous soul. (it's ok to be repaid and maybe get a few dollars to offset your postage)

3) retailer - don't cry to me about what you went through. I don't hate you, there is nothing wrong about being a middle man and turning a legitimate profit. But don't claim that you "care" about the pins or the collector you just aced out. Your "inconvenience" is a price of doing business and note the unluckly collector behind you got neither the pin nor the money but had the same inconvenience.

4) pin shark - showed up with 5 "friends" with sole intetion to "retail" the pins out. Well just say no comment as this is a family chat. But you did get a nice audtion card for a role as a future Disney villian.

1) Get a set for yourself - lots of love / your a collector (having to sell your set later or when the love fades is understandable.)

2) Help a friend get a set - you generous soul. (it's ok to be repaid and maybe get a few dollars to offset your postage)

3) retailer - don't cry to me about what you went through. I don't hate you, there is nothing wrong about being a middle man and turning a legitimate profit. But don't claim that you "care" about the pins or the collector you just aced out. Your "inconvenience" is a price of doing business and note the unluckly collector behind you got neither the pin nor the money but had the same inconvenience.

4) pin shark - showed up with 5 "friends" with sole intetion to "retail" the pins out. Well just say no comment as this is a family chat. But you did get a nice audtion card for a role as a future Disney villian.

Bam... +10000000

Man, that would have to be a REALLY good friend for me to stand all night in line with them so they could make a few bucks. No sarcasm intended here. I really can't think of anyone that would dare ask me to do that for them. LOL!

though-miles-may-lie-between-us-we-are-never-far-apart-for-friendship.gif

:) <3

Ill add this my 2 cents a lil late but better late then never

i was lucky enough to get 2 tix for the HM 999 event and turned around and sold the tix for a good deal of $ that i turned around and used to buy 2 RT tix to Florida and our tix and hotel stay for the PinTiquites event at WDW for 7 days.
So yes i did kinda rip someone off and i was planning on going to the 999 even but the merch was over priced and i didnt collect HM stuff so i thought WDW would be a better thought for me rather then the DLR event.

I am so glad I was on the outside looking in on this one . For once I wasn't involved . I am the new Tinker . :lol:
To you still trying to get them ... Best Of Luck .
To the ones that got them, stood in line 12+ hours in the cold and are making a few bucks ... Kudos to you .
I remember when ... Designer Princess Dolls and recently Tangled Gondola pin were released and I was going to buy more for profit . I might as well have been Jesus as I was crucified , Big Time !!! :lol:
But that was then and this is now ! Hugs to you all

Man, that would have to be a REALLY good friend for me to stand all night in line with them so they could make a few bucks. No sarcasm intended here. I really can't think of anyone that would dare ask me to do that for them. LOL!

I have done for friends. I would do it for just a few, like you, Joni, Laz, Jordan, Juan, Katherine, Selen and a couple of CA people. But that's about all.

You are very generous Margaret and I can not believe that someone that has them for trade will not help you out . Where is my name ( tapping foot) :lol: I have helped you and visey versa . Hugs

If it helps, please think about the poor sharks who waited in line for 11+ hours and didn't get the pins... I suppose it's bad to revel in the pain of others, but in this case I'd probably make an exception.

I'm also glad to see that Stitch fans are not the most insane/put upon, regarding the price of heavily coveted pins. Sorry, UP fans.

Last edited:
The only thing I have to say is that people need to stop saying "you CA folk" or "CA people". It's not fair generalize the people of a state for the actions of a few lol Silly...REALLY.

Alexis, I'm sure no one on here is saying or at least meaning, ALL Cali People... We have Many Cali People here on DPF and They are Mostly Adored By Everyone <3

:( No One Here should feel like they are a part of this unless they did something they feel was morally wrong... like not telling the truth to people you promised something to or Not honoring the pre-trades and deals you made prior to the release :)

This whole thing is more of an Honor Issue than a "I didn't get a Set Wahwahh" Kinda thing. I am a man of my word. If I set up a deal with you, I go through with it no mater how much the value changes on something at the time of release. :) I have Pre-traded easily for things and at the time of the trade it has done just that (increase in value) and i always honor my trade no matter what.

<3 <3 <3 We are here to Help Eachother <3 <3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back