• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total of Up pins on E-bay ??
I dont understand why people talk smack about the buyer to sell. 99% of the people who bought to trade will be asking for = if not more in trade value. Same deal IMO. /shrug

LOL that is true, but then people might have harder to find pins the would rather trade away than spend all the money n ebay when they could easily trade for it. I would say thats what trading is about, you cant trade tit for tat for hot pins, got to have something worthwhile so some may see it as overtrading in terms of todays values but to that person it might not be over trading if they got the pins they are trading away for cost.

So I dont see how people are talking smack about traders when Ive not seen anything about trading these brought up. All Ive read is about the resellers. Each person will get different pins for the UP set so that way you can not determine the price of their UP set purely on pins when everyone would be getting entirely different pins lol

The prices on the secondary market are ridiculously high, but once Valentines Day passes and the hype is over, they won't be worth more than $35.00 each, if that . It's there pins, they waited in line over 12 hours, they can do whatever they like . I won't be buying them, so wish them luck selling them .

I think the biggest issue for me with the DSF release is that a majority of the people there were not there for pleasure or pin trading. A lot of the people there were only there for profit and screwing people over.

If everyone who went was there to either keep their set, or trade their set I don't think there would be that large of an issue at the moment with prices.

Then hopefully at least one of the people you helped out during that event will return the favor. Clearly, it was a full day of waiting in lines for you. And I completely understand your point if you have done favors like this for others on this forum. They should do the same for you. And I am sorry if none of those people have been willing to help you out.

I have done favors for others that have not returned the favor to me. But I try to give without wanting anything in return. It is hard sometimes, but I do my best. This keeps me happy and content.

Read this. http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/are-you-giving-without-expectation/

"We all realize that giving on any level feels really good, but internally all forms of giving are not equal. When we give with the expectation of receiving something in return, we are not really letting go of what we are giving. If we do not let go completely, then we are still clinging to whatever we gave."

You know what, You seem to have issues understanding me. cause you have no Idea who I am or What type of person I am Obv... I NEVER do good deeds with any sort of expectation of getting anything in return. But! I do expect the people I help to be Helpful towards others. I am not even Interested in this set personally for myself. especially with all the backstabbing going on for it. Honestly to me this set would now remind me of what some of the people i hold dear to my heart have gone through. I am a happy and content individual that is hurt when i see people acting selfishly to others. That is all i am saying here, please do not twist things into a smart a$$ remark towards me. you do not know me.

The sales forum here on DPF is full of people selling pins at way above cost. Not just the UP pins. While those of us complaining here are buying those pins and wishing the sellers luck. What is the difference?

there is still room here for a happy story.. i started this as sumthing to think about and so i can learn a little. We are a fam and no need to fight. we all have a point of view and sum are not the same.

so now lets hear about all the good ppl that got pins for ppl at cost.... or as a gift

there is still room here for a happy story.. i started this as sumthing to think about and so i can learn a little. We are a fam and no need to fight. we all have a point of view and sum are not the same.

so now lets hear about all the good ppl that got pins for ppl at cost.... or as a gift

Good idea! I hope someone can share their story of generosity.

I'm sorry, but this thread has brought nothing positive to this forum so far. It has just gotten so ugly and to read some of these comments is disappointing as well. It's one way to have a heated debate, but this is almost to the point of attacking each other.

The sales forum here on DPF is full of people selling pins at way above cost. Not just the UP pins. While those of us complaining here are buying those pins and wishing the sellers luck. What is the difference?

It goes for a lot of them too... one thing is a higher price due to the Age and Rarety of a pin. another think is $300 for a 4 pin set that Just came out... if you can't understand that difference then I really don't know how else to put it <3

+1,000% <3

I'm sorry, but this thread has brought nothing positive to this forum so far. It has just gotten so ugly and to read some of these comments is disappointing as well. It's one way to have a heated debate, but this is almost to the point of attacking each other.

I agree, and I'm not trying to attack anyone but I'm feeling like what kakura keeps coming back at me with is making me feel the need to defend my honor, which is stupid if you know me at all. <3 I don't like to feel like this. As i'm sure you all know by now it is not like me to jump in on somethng like this. Usually i will shower the thread with hearts and Images of Love to stop this sort of thing. But this time after seeing some of my close friends who help others a ton all the time get screwed, just made me sad. Showed the true Fin's hiding on the people I thought highly of...

Well, I went to the Up release in hopes for getting a set for myself, and two for friends. I originally was bringing my Grandma and my mom, but only my mother could come.

In the end I managed to get a set for myself, and for my friend at cost. I do feel bad that I was unable to get the other set for my other friend.

Overall I had a great time staying overnight with everyone. My grandma and I chatted, played games, and even pin traded with people.

However I still hate the fact that people are taking advantage of others who were unable to get in line, or even be at DSF.

It goes for a lot of them too... one thing is a higher price due to the Age and Rarety of a pin. another think is $300 for a 4 pin set that Just came out... if you can't understand that difference then I really don't know how else to put it <3

+1,000% <3

I agree, and I'm not trying to attack anyone but I'm feeling like what kakura keeps coming back at me with is making me feel the need to defend my honor, which is stupid if you know me at all. <3 I don't like to feel like this. As i'm sure you all know by now it is not like me to jump in on somethng like this. Usually i will shower the thread with hearts and Images of Love to stop this sort of thing. But this time after seeing some of my close friends who help others a ton all the time get screwed, just made me sad. Showed the true Fin's hiding on the people I thought highly of...

Well it did show how passionate you are. ;)

+1,000% <3

If you look back up at this thread, you are the one that started with me.

You know what, You seem to have issues understanding me. cause you have no Idea who I am or What type of person I am Obv... I NEVER do good deeds with any sort of expectation of getting anything in return. But! I do expect the people I help to be Helpful towards others. I am not even Interested in this set personally for myself. especially with all the backstabbing going on for it. Honestly to me this set would now remind me of what some of the people i hold dear to my heart have gone through. I am a happy and content individual that is hurt when i see people acting selfishly to others. That is all i am saying here, please do not twist things into a smart a$$ remark towards me. you do not know me.

I don't think she was trying to be smart with you. By the sound of it you know a lot more about what has been going on behind the scenes than most of us. Not everyone has heard the "backstabbing" stories so it might be difficult for the to get on the same page and understand what you are really upset about. It sounds like you are upset about more than just the reselling. That's all.

Well, I went to the Up release in hopes for getting a set for myself, and two for friends. I originally was bringing my Grandma and my mom, but only my mother could come.

In the end I managed to get a set for myself, and for my friend at cost. I do feel bad that I was unable to get the other set for my other friend.

Overall I had a great time staying overnight with everyone. My grandma and I chatted, played games, and even pin traded with people.

However I still hate the fact that people are taking advantage of others who were unable to get in line, or even be at DSF.

Now that is a Great Story Tanya <3 I Know you are a Jewel of a Person and a Very Fair Trader <3 Helping eachother is what this forum is supposed to be all about.

Well it did show how passionate you are. ;)

Thank You <3

If you look back up at this thread, you are the one that started with me.

I Read all the way back up and I Never personally came at you, But your insinuation of my Giving and helping people coming with a price, was a direct diss on me. Without you even knowing me at all <3 that is what got me upset. But whatever, it is water under the bridge as i just want to go back to doing what i love most here on DPF Helping Each other. and if that means i need to keep a list of people who are being Sharks then So Be It <3 That is all I was getting at. Honestly I have no knowledge of you as a person at all. So your beliefs are your beliefs. And mine are mine <3 simply that, no stabs at your intentions as a trader or a human being were being made at the beginning. You threw the first stones there. Plain as day, I have nothing more to say about this.

I don't think she was trying to be smart with you. By the sound of it you know a lot more about what has been going on behind the scenes than most of us. Not everyone has heard the "backstabbing" stories so it might be difficult for the to get on the same page and understand what you are really upset about. It sounds like you are upset about more than just the reselling. That's all.

You may be right, I actually hope you are. and yes i get a lot of behind the scenes with this release, and there are some shocking tales of respected DPFers behaiviors over this release. It just saddened me as a human being. :/

<3 I never meant to hurt anyone, just state my opinion.

Last edited:
I may not be an active member on this site, but because my partner, Laz, is.. I do get quite a good view of everything that happens within this forum. I love pins as much as the next, but they are definitely not the priority in my life, nor a hobby that completes me. The drama that occurs on this site is something of quite immaturity. Let us not be naive to the realites in life. Pins are like any other materialistic object in life that is sold. People create and purchase things in the means to resell for profit. It is an unfortunate thing to happen, and I wish that pin trading (and buying pins) was left to those that care to collect them, or to give to another as a gift.

So, remember these are just pins, and they should not cause such trouble. If someone is willing to pay for them for an outrageous price, let them. If someone is willing to help another to get a pin, bless their generousity. If you do not get a pin, accept this outcome for the moment and hope that maybe in the future you will come across it again. Whether it is in trade or for a price you are willing to accept.

Communication over the internet is always misinterpreted and people are easily offended. So, everyone should always remember to take a step back, breathe, and try to understand what is being said if they feel offended.

So, Laz, I know you feel offended, but I think Karkura never intended to offend you. I hope you see she only meant she believes that if someone took the time to get something, they should have the right to do with it as they please. And, Karkura, I hope you realize Laz is more attached to the losses in this situation and only hope that things had turn out better.

I hope that everyone remembesr that these are just pins. They will come and go, and another pin will be designed and produced in its place. There will be plenty more to come in the future.
Pins are not the most important things in life. Do not rush to possess all that you desire, or you may miss out on what is really important. Relax and enjoy pin collecting as a hobby, not a business or competition.

Thank you for that. I definitely did not mean to offend anyone here. And I apologize Laz if you took my comments that way. It was not my intention. Let's just all be happy and kind and good things will come around to us if we are good to others. They always do.

I may not be an active member on this site, but because my partner, Laz, is.. I do get quite a good view of everything that happens within this forum. I love pins as much as the next, but they are definitely not the priority in my life, nor a hobby that completes me. The drama that occurs on this site is something of quite immaturity. Let us not be naive to the realites in life. Pins are like any other materialistic object in life that is sold. People create and purchase things in the means to resell for profit. It is an unfortunate thing to happen, and I wish that pin trading (and buying pins) was left to those that care to collect them, or to give to another as a gift.

So, remember these are just pins, and they should not cause such trouble. If someone is willing to pay for them for an outrageous price, let them. If someone is willing to help another to get a pin, bless their generousity. If you do not get a pin, accept this outcome for the moment and hope that maybe in the future you will come across it again. Whether it is in trade or for a price you are willing to accept.

Communication over the internet is always misinterpreted and people are easily offended. So, everyone should always remember to take a step back, breathe, and try to understand what is being said if they feel offended.

So, Laz, I know you feel offended, but I think Karkura never intended to offend you. I hope you see she only meant she believes that if someone took the time to get something, they should have the right to do with it as they please. And, Karkura, I hope you realize Laz is more attached to the losses in this situation and only hope that things had turn out better.

I hope that everyone remembesr that these are just pins. They will come and go, and another pin will be designed and produced in its place. There will be plenty more to come in the future.
Pins are not the most important things in life. Do not rush to possess all that you desire, or you may miss out on what is really important. Relax and enjoy pin collecting as a hobby, not a business or competition.
Jordan ...you show wisdom way beyond your years. You are a blessing not only to Laz but to us as well. Debby and Greg

It is sad that this release turned ugly, really. My mom and I were the LAST ones in line, like 168 or something. I was heart-broken when I found out. The father and daughter in front of us drove there all the way from Riverside, and left empty-handed. The little girl was so sad. Why would DSF say no line until 11pm, and then allow an unofficial line before 11pm to form!?!?!? I don't care what anyone says, that is the SAME EXACT thing as lining up at 11pm, honestly.

Another complaint I have about the release is that they said on the facebook pg on January 30th that the line-up time was at 5am that Saturday, but then TWO DAYS before the release, they say 11pm! :mad: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!? That made me so mad. I specifically changed my hours at work so I could get the pins in the morning and not go to work, but instead I had someone cover my hours for nothing. On top of that, I paid $10 for parking, and they wouldn't give me a refund, even after I explained the situation and that I was only there for like 7 minutes.

*sigh*

Last edited:

I hope that everyone remembers that these are just pins. They will come and go, and another pin will be designed and produced in its place. There will be plenty more to come in the future.

Thanks for this hunny, I Love U <3 <3 <3

Thank you for that. I definitely did not mean to offend anyone here. And I apologize Laz if you took my comments that way. It was not my intention. Let's just all be happy and kind and good things will come around to us if we are good to others. They always do.

I think i may have taken some of your comments wrong, It is hard to remember to put into account that all of this is just text, and no emotion can truely be expressed. (unless your me with My Million <3 <3 <3 <3 Hearts <3 <3 <3) ;) So I too Apologize for any miss interpretations i might have had throughout this dreadful thread <3

Let's get back on a positive track <3
<3 Laz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back