• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UPDATED 1/4/2014: Some More Pins to Be Cautious Of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED 1/4/2014: Some More Pins to Be Cautious Of.....
Here is another set that has been sold a lot, individually, and on the original card (It even has the bag and SKU and stuff, so they are getting better at faking.)

Pin 58230: DisneyShopping.com - 2007 Advent Pins - 6 Pin Set (Days 19 - 24) Jessica Rabbit
pin58230
Sold 19 times since the beginning of October. And the individual pins have all been sold OVER AND OVER.

And this Advent Tinker Bell...
Pin 58396: DisneyShopping.com - 2007 Advent Pins - 6 pin set (Days 7-12) Tinker Bell
pin58396
Sold 13 times since the beginning of October. And each individual pin too sold over and over.

Pin 34128: Disney Catalog - NBC 13 Days of Christmas #4 (2 Pin Set)
pin34128

17 times by the same seller. In their listing, her pupils are missing....(Says on the original card)

Pin 34125: Disney Catalog - NBC 13 Days of Christmas #1 (2 Pin Set)
pin34125

18 times by the same seller. On the original card. In their picture, the colors look off, especially the greens and reds.

Pin 34129: Disney Catalog - NBC 13 Days of Christmas #5 (2 Pin Set)
pin34129

18 times by the same seller. On original card.

And this one really surprised me....
Pin 92596: WDW - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2012 - Villains Mystery Collection - Ursula CHASER ONLY
pin92596

7 times by one seller and 5 by another in the past three months. These prices have been cheap. One seller is using the pinpics picture as their photo and the other is using a really horrible stock photo. It just doesn't look like the pinpics photo.

Last edited:
Pin 94219: Character Connection Mystery Collection - Sorcerer Mickey ONLY
pin94219

Sold 16 times by the same seller. LE 400! In their stock photo, they have one of the character connection mystery boxes.

Thank you so much for this thread. I am very new to pins (and very nervous about eBay purchases!), and I've found so many of the threads here to be helpful. If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I would really appreciate a list of sellers to avoid/be cautious of. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, it is really appreciated. I would love it if you could PM some sellers names to me, I'd love to take a look at them myself & also warn my Mum off. Thanks :)

Hi everyone :) I will be sending out PMs in the morning hopefully. Thanks for all the interest in this thread. I feel really happy that I am able to help others :)

-Erika

I don't collect Jessica but would love to know who to steer clear of on ebay ... please add me to the list of people to pm. Thanks!

I don't have the money to buy much on the bay these days but would love to get the name as well. Thanks

Name names! I recently bought one of the Jessica pins you show here and now I wonder about its authenticity.

Hi everyone! I feel like a silly person for not messaging everyone yet. I will have that done no later than today! Thanks for everyone's patience!

Hey..I'm new to the whole pin trading thing and really wish I had checked this thread before going and winning an a pin auction..mind if I get those seller names as well? It'd be appreciated.

Hi everyone! So, I finally got around to messaging everyone who has posted recently! Please let me know if I have accidentally missed PMing you! Thanks!

I just received two pins from a seller whose return address is in NC. I believe they are one of the sellers you are speaking of.
I received the Mickey's Halloween Party Villain Facilier and Hook Chasers and yes, I purchased them for what would seem to be below market value.
They have what appears to be too much enamel in places (Scrappers? Not sure) I compared them to the limited release ones I have, and they are very similar.

I just received two pins from a seller whose return address is in NC. I believe they are one of the sellers you are speaking of.
I received the Mickey's Halloween Party Villain Facilier and Hook Chasers and yes, I purchased them for what would seem to be below market value.
They have what appears to be too much enamel in places (Scrappers? Not sure) I compared them to the limited release ones I have, and they are very similar.
I believe NC is where one of these is located :(

I am really sorry to hear that this happened. At least we know now for the community that those pins have been scrapped in some way. Thank you for sharing your story!

And this one really surprised me....
Pin 92596: WDW - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2012 - Villains Mystery Collection - Ursula CHASER ONLY
pin92596

7 times by one seller and 5 by another in the past three months. These prices have been cheap. One seller is using the pinpics picture as their photo and the other is using a really horrible stock photo. It just doesn't look like the pinpics photo.[/QUOTE]

This whole series (chasers and regulars) has been listed repeatedly by a notorious seller of counterfeits. I think these have been compromised for months.

This whole series (chasers and regulars) has been listed repeatedly by a notorious seller of counterfeits. I think these have been compromised for months.

That is really good to know :) Thank you! It is really saddening that this is the case though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back