WDW August Pin Event - Animation Celebration

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by a4matte, Mar 9, 2018.

1. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I am registered. Maybe we should start a new thread for this alone, since there seem to be two at the moment related to the show.

Pilotprincess916 likes this.
  2. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Based upon the catalog that I saw on FB, I think you might be able to find most of the pins for a good price without sponsoring someone.

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

I am going with my family. Since my husband does not collect we are looking for a sponsorship to get him into the event. Was thinking of sponsorship for just the RSP, but if someone wants to do a full sponsorship and receive all the event pins too (usually about 11 pins if memory serves), we are good with that also. Please just message me.

5. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

Seeing as it's very Mickey-heavy this year, I figured you'd be very happy! :D

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  6. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Thank god. Only one proper Snow White pin and it's not a must-have for my collection! I really like the filmstrip lenticular pins, though. The Peter Pan one is adorable.

7. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

we are signed up now to do the RSP

8. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    203   0   0

I can honestly say , nothing I want at all .
    If pushed the Sword in the Stone one is nice , I could find a place for it ;)

Haunted575 and Purplemandms like this.
  9. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

lucky for me nothing I need this is a very underwhelmed theme for a pin event I can see not many wanting or buying these pins I can see them ending up at the Epcot pin store

10. Badockins

Badockins Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Someone mentioned that character meet and greets happen during this event. What characters have appeared in the past? Are they typically the main cast or any rare characters?

11. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I am in agony over the pins at this event... the 7 pin Walt set... the Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet mystery pin is a MUST HAVE... I have the other 2 pins in existence of them and so I need this one to stay complete. Also that Sleeping Beauty Lenticular pin is amazing. Too bad I live on the wrong coast.

12. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

At Love/Adventure Event, there was a set-up for Tarzan & Jane and the Bride from Haunted Mansion (and maybe others I missed). At Pixar Event, there was the Up house with Carl & Russell and a spot with Princess Atta. Lots of FUN!!

13. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

The itinerary has been posted!

Two words:

S I L E N T A U C T I O N!

[​IMG][​IMG]

TheMickeyMouseRules and Ajk like this.
  14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Interesting new (to me) Sunday addition to the event. Is that just to sell left over pins? It says public trading day and no additional cost... Wonder if anyone can attend? Seems like a nice idea/addition to the event.

15. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I'm definitely glad the auction is back. Any thoughts on what they will have? I am guessing dark tales, Peter Pan, and Mickey Mouse. Would love to see profiles but I don't recall them doing a WDI set before. Other guesses?

Purplemandms likes this.
  16. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I think it's just providing a space for open trading. I think groups did it privately in prior years and I guess they figured they could get in on the "action".

17. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Is the silent auction like.. bidding money for a pin or items?

18. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Yup. Historically it has been large (100+ pins) themed (Alice, Star Wars, Haunted Mansion, PTD, etc) sets of LE AP/PP pins displayed in multiple frames. They go for big $$, but are really fun just to see even if you don't bid on them. They usually also have a mystery set that they only indicate the number of pins, if they are AP or PP, etc. Interestingly, that one tends to go for even more than the ones where you see the pins, which I've never understood why.

TheMickeyMouseRules and khossler like this.
  19. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

In the event someone sells their ticket last minute (I don't know what my training schedule will be) I would go just for the auction. Hopefully I can make it for the trading day Sunday, if it's open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

I think DSSH pins are would be similar to WDI pins in these auctions... do they ever do an auction of DSSH pins (ie, dark tales.)
    At the Pixar Party the auctions were interesting, but way out of my price range.

21. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

They have done it before, but it's been several years. Sundays have undergone a lot of changes for this thing. First, it was a full event day. Then, it was like this (open to the public), then it was for vinylmation, and then it was nothing, and now we're back to this.

My guess is you're right, though...it's just a chance to sell their leftover stuff, impress some guests, and keep traders on property, where they might spend money. Otherwise, I can't see it being worth the cast they'd have to keep on hand. :)

22. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I believe they did a PTD auction.

23. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

we are signed up rsp ready to be put in can't wait to see all the friends

24. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    250   0   0

Of course they drop the silent auction the one year I actually attend the thing just to bring it back the next year when I can't go! Hahaha! :p

I'm greatly looking forward to the feverish postings of all the attendees of the previews for next year and what's up for offer for the silent auction.

cadien and Purplemandms like this.
  25. rjbrgb

rjbrgb New Member

0   0   0

If anyone would like to trade their event board trade tabs for pins please let me know. My traders are on aristocats12 on pin pics.