WDW August Pin Event - Animation Celebration

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by a4matte, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh that's clever! I'm all about the boards so don't want to take you up on your offer, but I might have to consider something similar! :) But I find I sometimes run short on time (and my wife short on patience) so not sure I could get away with even more "at bats". :D

2. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

Russ and I didn't have a whole lot of luck at the boards last year, but that was all luck. We may try again a few times, but I doubt we will use all of our tabs. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3. rjbrgb

rjbrgb New Member

0   0   0

Would love to trade pins for tabs, please check out my traders and I can put aside for event. My husband and I don’t trade in the back room but thoroughly enjoy the boards.

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

RSP Results are in!

5. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

How exciting!!! :D

6. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Asked for 1 pin got that one pin-

Another year spending less than $20

7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

I'm sure the rsp people loved doing your order. XD so speedy!

8. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

We got all we wanted, yay! With extras (duplicated some since we have 2 RSPs to increase our chances - I'll post a list of extras later if anyone needs before I "return" them)

Booger1964 and MerlinEmrys like this.
  9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Looking at my RSP now and will be messaging people (in list priority) today to determine what is still wanted.

RSP award was pretty much as I expected. (Tougher ones, only awarded 2... 3-4 for the not as tough to gain pins.)

If any of the pins on my RSP are unclaimed, I will create a new post with what is available.

10. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    306   0   0

Need extras of all the lenticulars (except for Fantasia) and the Sleeping Beauty Pins/Litho set if you have them:)

11. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

My Dad messed up when filling out his RSP and didn't list #4 Fantasia Lenticular (for his collection). So if anyone gets an extra of that one, I would definitely be interested. I guess also we may need another Mr Toad AP. I am on Merlin's list for mine, but my Dad would like one too.

Otherwise, we got everything we needed, so my extras are heading Merlin's way for the list.

12. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

I think the only thing I asked for extras of and didn't get were Alice and Maleficent.

Did anyone else notice anything that sold out before the 2nd round (or during it, assuming I'm unlucky this year)? I didn't ask for much, so I don't know what else went early...

13. nateeter

nateeter Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I actually did get the Alice Lenticular on 2nd RSP. Someone mentioned on Facebook that they didn’t get the Cinderella Lithograph set on 1st RSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  14. Ocean7

Ocean7 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Reading all of these posts makes me wish I was going. I’m excited for all of you who are!
    My sister & I went last year and really enjoyed the boards. We traded in the back area for more trading tabs (easy to do).
    Some observations from last years boards. Morning and late afternoon were when we found the best pins. Especially late afternoon on second day.

Also, we stayed at the Boardwalk. You can walk (short) to a back or side entrance to Epcot. This entrance is very close to where the pin event location is. And it’s not as crowded as main entrance.
    If you can park at Boardwalk or get a ride, it’s probably worth it.

Can’t wait to see what everyone gets (please post)!

nateeter likes this.
  15. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I agree with @Ocean7. I hope everyone has a great time this year. Also, I can't wait to see the board pulls and trades.

timeerkat and nateeter like this.
  16. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    91   0   0

Speaking of the boards... if anyone gets any Wonderland AP or PP pins, I'd be interested in trading for them! :) (I'm planning to be at the public trading day on Sunday.)

17. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0

I got everything I wanted. I'm debating on keeping one pin, but I'm overall happy with the results. I'm so pumped for this event!

timeerkat and nateeter like this.
  18. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

I got everything I needed for myself on my RSP. :3 so this was a solid win! And now we wait for the event! Just a month now! :D

19. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I was able to get at least 1 of everything I wanted. I'm keeping 1 Alice and 1 Peter Pan, the rest are for trade if anyone is interested in them. Any pin unclaimed I will remove from my selections or return them at the event. I'll probably make a a separate thread for this for organizational purposes.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Oops! I completely forgot to do my RSP. The only thing I wanted were the mystery boxes. Anyone know if there's a way to try to "retro-order" them?

21. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

It's worth calling to see if they will let you. They said in the rsp send out that you can add more to your order (up to 10) total. So maybe they'll let you just make an order!

22. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I got the Cinderella set on my 2nd RSP (first spot) but didn't get the Maleficent set (second spot) or the Alice (third spot). Otherwise, I got everything I asked for. Woohoo!!

23. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

I also had Maleficent and Alice in my second RSP (first and second spots) and not luck here either. Both appear to have been scooped up in the first RSP.

24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

They usually have them available at least early on the first day, so you likely can pick some up upon arrival. They upped the chaser LE to 400 so obviously they made more this year than last.

25. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hey Hope, I'm sure your Dad will be able to buy the Fantasia at the Event Store. And, I'd be happy to buy the AP pin for him at the Store. Just let me know & we can meet up that Friday. TTFN