• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's the most you've spent on a pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most you've spent on a pin?

kidup

What's your damage?
Rating - 100%
34   0   1
I'm always curious about this :p
So what is the most some of you have paid for a pin?
I would say $150 for me

The most I've spent was $250, but it was a while ago. Will not ever spend that much again, but I'm happy with the pin.

I've paid about $35 twice. For [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p26/pin1342[/thumb] and [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p102/pin5110[/thumb]

Both were about a month after release. I suspected that Alice one would become impossible as pin trading took off. The WDAC was the year after the HM ghosts and I didn't want to take any chances since it had both Alice and Dumbo on it. I probably should have waited on that one, as BIN today is only about $30. I've spent between $15-$20 about 3-4 times, but otherwise retail or less. I don't collect DA pins, everything else seems to show up eventually.

I think the most I have ever spent was around $25-30. I tend to not to buy pins for myself that are over $30 in hopes that I can trade for them instead.

We paid $400 once. For the 999 Happy Haunts Ball - The Transformation of Master Gracey Lenticular (15343) from 2002, LE 250. I've seen it sell for 500 on ebay! And we'd do it again, too. It's a GORGEOUS pin!

Last edited:
The most was $100 on a 55th anniversary Alice pin, which I then traded for the original DSF Grape Soda pin, back when you couldn't get the Grape Soda pin anywhere near that price.

$95 on the POH Rivers of America Dock pin but it was a gift. The most I paid for a pin for myself is $60 on a Jumbo Featured Artist Pin (Pin 51339).

$29.99 For the Tigerlily DLRP PTN. For me that was a lot since I don't believe in paying more for a pin that what it's worth, ie retail, but she was one of my HGs and I so wanted her for my birthday and even though she didn't arrive in time, she's coming from Paris, I still know that she was a gift from myself too myself. And at that price she was still a great deal.

Last edited:
The most that I have spent on one pin was $50.00, however, there are quite a few pins out there if I was given the chance to buy it I'm afraid that I might go a little crazy. Thank god, no one is offering them.

I remember seeing my #1 HG go on ebay for $91 about a year ago and it just killed me. I couldn't justify that much for a pin, even though it was the one I wanted most. I was recently offered the same pin for $155, which is what they had paid for it (a very generous offer, I have to say :)), but I still couldn't do it. :(

Now, I spend a lot of money on pins, but I just have a hard time justifying a lot of money (ie: $75+) for one pin. I think it has to do with the stage I'm currently in: trying to build my collection up. I'm pretty sure when I level off at some point and I'm not buying pins so frequently that I'll be able to justify more money to single pins.

I spent $100 for my holy grail: the LE 25 Tiana from the Princess and the Frog mystery set. Of course, now I only need Dr. Facilier to complete the set and can't find anyone to trade and the cheapest I've seen him go is $100 on the bay and I refuse to pay that since I paid $100 for the LE 25. Next to that, I paid $60 for another holy grail I have wanted for a long time...I actually just bought it today!

Now, I will say I've spent thousands on collections, but they usually average out to no more than $4 for a pin and I then typically turn around and sell the majority of the collection and just keep the ones I want.

Over $300.00 and can not sell it for half of that today.

Be very careful when spending alot for a pin, You do not know for sure that this is a lifetime hobby/commitment.

Okay, you can add another $30 pin purchase to my list. For Maleficent in my signature pic :) Once I figured out the price I would be willing to pay for the other items in the transaction and subtracted that from the total, Maleficent would be down to a price I would be willing to pay. Or as I asked myself, "Would you be willing to trade 2 $10.95 pins to get Maleficent at this point?" Yep, even though it's individual cost might be a little higher than I usually like to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back