• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's the most you've spent on a pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most you've spent on a pin?
i paid 40 euroes for a framed pin at DLRP which is about 54 dollers that is the most i have spent so far on a single pin but i have spent more for sets :)

For a single pin = $165... and it wasn't even a real pin, it was a counterfeit that I didn't know it was until it was too late :( It was of my Holy Grail, the Disney Auction Tinker Bell Masterpiece.

For a Framed Set = $195.00. It was Pin 70098: DLR - Haunted Mansion O'Pin House: Framed Pin Set

Last edited:
Well, it's one of those things...when you first start out, you think, "That's crazy....I'll never do that!". But then, after a while, the designs you really come to love are the super rare pins that are older. Most of them are firmly placed in people's collections, so when one pops up, there's fierce competition for it.

After a while (and several bidding wars), you realize that the chance that you'll get the pin for less is very, very low. Especially if the auctions that you've been watching are actually *auctions* and not over-inflated BINs. It's hard to argue with straight-up supply and demand.

So you do what you have to- you sell 10-20 "normal" pins, realizing that they can get you the pin you'd REALLY love to have on your wall. I also ask for a lot of eBay gift cards for my birthday and such. :)

Oh, and BTW, it doesn't mean I *like* it when I have to pay that much! LOL! I flinch a little every time it goes over $50, actually...

Hey,

I understand what you mean comepletely :) i'm not actually new to pin trading and collecting but its still like wow when i see how much people have paid hehe! It's such an addictive hobbie too!:)

Naahh...we can stop anytime we want. Right? :anxious:

That's what I kept telling myself...Then the Rapunzel PTN pin came out and I spent the 2nd most i've ever spent on a pin - $60 :lol:

Every time I think i'm okay they go release another pin I have to have LOL

Naahh...we can stop anytime we want. Right? :anxious:

HAHAHA! Tell that to somebody like me who just sold most of her collection but am doing WHAT, attending the PIN EVENT?? I have been good though about not spending money thus far on anything but just quitting the entore hobby is SO HARD!! I dream of the day I can at least fill 2 boards again...lol Pathetic I tell ya!!

Seems that plenty of collectors have been modest about their responses. Tiki, you are soooo right! I'd love to share in this topic, but the only response I can give would be: you REALLY don't want to know! As the song says, "Love hurts."

About $25. Simply because it was a PTN one I really wanted. However normally I never spend over the shelf price for pins because for me the thrill is trading for them rather than just buying exactly what I want.

My top six most expensive pins cost $242, $163, $150, $102, $80, $78. Looking at it now it seems ridiculous, but I am sure I would do it again for a rare pin.

Phew...I'm glad to know that I'm in the norm here with spending on pins. I haven't spent outrageous amounts, but I've definitely gone up to around $50 or so. I'm sure the day will come when I see a pin I must have and go crazy for it. :)

Single most expensive pin for me was back in 2002 I believe for $650. I would pay it again in a heart beat if anyone has any of my holy grail pins (DCL Cast Costume pins (Palo, Remy, Concierge).

I traded that perticular one away when I started noticing a few more popping up. Ended up getting my money out of it and re bought it later at a fraction of the price that I still have in my collection.

Jumping on the crazy bandwagon! $170! but it was my ULTIMATE holy grail, so I wont be spending anything more then that for ONE pin (sets excluded :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back