• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's the most you've spent on a pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most you've spent on a pin?
I think it is all how you look at it. When I first started 5 or 6 years ago I thought people were INSANE to spend $100 - $200 - $300+. Now....not so much. Now I fall into that "insane" category.

It all comes down to your tastes and quantity vs quality (quality is kind of a bad word...but I'll just go with it). I got to a point in building my collection where I really really wanted some of the higher end pins because I loved their design. And really, that is big part of what makes pin high end - it is a good design so a lot of people want it. There are lots of DA LE 100 pins that won't even bring $30 and then there are some LE 1000 pin that will bring over $50. So, a lot of times it is the higher end pin that I want and I got to the point where I'd look at my collection and think "geez, I really wish I wouldn't have spent $100 on these 10 pins and just would have bought this one $100 pin." I personally would much rather have 1 super nice grail than 20-30 ho-hum pins.

Last edited:
I know that my husband must have spent $100 for the DLR Haunted Mansion Pinbassador pin. He surprised me one Christmas with it. I think the most I have spent on a single pin is $60.

It had to be a joint decision in our household, but it averaged out to $210 per pin x 4! And when they were released, they were $50 each and we thought someone had to be crazy to pay that much! Years later, we had to have them, and well, we be Mr. & Mrs. Crazy! Nice to meet y'all!

If it's a single pin, $175.00 for the Haunted Mansion O-Pin house super jumbo pin. Bought it brand new at Little Green Men Store Command. If it's a frame set, the $295.00 O-Pin house graveyard set, also from LGMSC. Love 'em both!

Well, I paid $500 for the This is Love framed set about a year or so ago. That was for 11 LE50 pins though.

I paid $100 twice... once for a super jumbo and once for the Goofy Bellman cart.

Other than that I have been fairly lucky with my pin purchases. I have spent $50-$75 on several occasions but I usually try to keep it under that when at all possible. :)

$30. I'm trying to never cross that point! So far, so good. I just try to be patient and get the pins I want for as cheaply as possible. Got the Chip & Dale 4 pin set in my sig (only 2 pins shown in the sig) for $9.00. Woohoo!

So, I just bought a pin for $45. But it's a jumbo, and one I have wanted for a while.
pin64358

I don't know if I can wait for it to come in the mail! LOL

So, I just bought a pin for $45. But it's a jumbo, and one I have wanted for a while.
pin64358

I don't know if I can wait for it to come in the mail! LOL

JEALOUSY!! lol I have never seen it in person before but have always heard it is beautiful. Share pics when you get it. I think that is a nice price for that one.

This is the pin I spent the most on (the aforementioned $60):

pin63852

Pin 63852: DLR - E-Ticket Collection - Haunted Mansion (Jumbo)

Considering it's issue price of $55, I'd say I got a phenomenal deal (Thanks Carolyn!! :D)!

In the same purchase I spent $55 on this gem:

pin25461

Pin 25461: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Tinker Bell on Hook

I've seen this pin sell for much more on ebay on more than one occasion. It's been on my most wanted list for a while now. I have to thank Carolyn again for this amazing deal. :)

The most I've paid was $270 for this set of pins. But I was expecting that since it was a limited set of 12...technically only 11 since I saw the single finished pin from the set up on ebay so someone broke one set up. *horrified at the thought* x.x
Though if you want what was the most I paid for a single pin I think it was $75 or somewhere around that. ^^ But I do love my collection.

The most I've paid was $270 for this set of pins. But I was expecting that since it was a limited set of 12...technically only 11 since I saw the single finished pin from the set up on ebay so someone broke one set up. *horrified at the thought* x.x
Though if you want what was the most I paid for a single pin I think it was $75 or somewhere around that. ^^ But I do love my collection.

Wow, that's a cool set. I can't blame you for that one!

I echo your sentiments, erudolf. That IS a cool framed set.

JEALOUSY!! lol I have never seen it in person before but have always heard it is beautiful. Share pics when you get it. I think that is a nice price for that one.

yes, please let us know how it looks. I'm debating on whether to put that on my wants list, but I generally don't collect Aurora in a pink dress unless the design/quality is really good.

As for how much I have spent on a single pin, I think it was around $150-200. I think I've spent more money on a pin for my traders than I have for my keepers, haha.

After reading this thread, I don't feel so embarrassed to say $150. I normally would not spend so much on one pin, but I justified it in my mind, because I was helping out a fellow trader/friend - oh, yeah, and it was one of my grails. :lol:

This is the pin I spent the most on (the aforementioned $60):

Pin 63852: DLR - E-Ticket Collection - Haunted Mansion (Jumbo)

Considering it's issue price of $55, I'd say I got a phenomenal deal (Thanks Carolyn!! :D)!

In the same purchase I spent $55 on this gem:

Pin 25461: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Tinker Bell on Hook

I've seen this pin sell for much more on ebay on more than one occasion. It's been on my most wanted list for a while now. I have to thank Carolyn again for this amazing deal. :)

You are more than welcome, Jesse. I am delighted that you've given those two pins a good home. :)

Wow I am shocked by how much some people have spent on a single pin but at the same time I think if you have the money and something makes you happy then why not :)!! The most ive paid is £25 for a single pin, which is approx $38

Wow I am shocked by how much some people have spent on a single pin but at the same time I think if you have the money and something makes you happy then why not :)!! The most ive paid is £25 for a single pin, which is approx $38

Well, it's one of those things...when you first start out, you think, "That's crazy....I'll never do that!". But then, after a while, the designs you really come to love are the super rare pins that are older. Most of them are firmly placed in people's collections, so when one pops up, there's fierce competition for it.

After a while (and several bidding wars), you realize that the chance that you'll get the pin for less is very, very low. Especially if the auctions that you've been watching are actually *auctions* and not over-inflated BINs. It's hard to argue with straight-up supply and demand.

So you do what you have to- you sell 10-20 "normal" pins, realizing that they can get you the pin you'd REALLY love to have on your wall. I also ask for a lot of eBay gift cards for my birthday and such. :)

Oh, and BTW, it doesn't mean I *like* it when I have to pay that much! LOL! I flinch a little every time it goes over $50, actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back