• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WOW!! I am the proud owner of an LE 1 pin set! Most epic pin day maybe ever!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! I am the proud owner of an LE 1 pin set! Most epic pin day maybe ever!!!!!!

wyllieam

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
I just had to post my most awesome, amazing and fantastic pin treasure that was unearthed this weekend. I am not usually the high roller that participates in event pin auctions. I just can't usually afford what is necessary to obtain these awesome treasures. With the help of a great pin friend I was able to bid on and win what is to this date my most epic pin find EVER! I am the proud owner of 5 Pre Production, never released LE 1 Princess and the Frog pins!!!! It is a framed set that I immediately had to dismantle. GASP!!! I know many of you are asking, WHY.WOULD.YOU.DO.SUCH.A.THING???? Well the answer is simple.
1. I always open my framed sets but I have a better reason this time....
2. The top two pins were hinged and NO ONE knew what was inside of them as they were locked up in a framed set. That mystery is just unacceptable...ha!

So me and a group of pin friends, decided to open her up and unveil what was inside. and BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!!!!!

Here is the LE 1 framed set in tact. Gorgeous in itself...

null_zps1701f4ac.jpg

The two pins on the bottom were the main reason I wanted to win this set. They are stained glass and UBER cute!!!

null_zpse27e0d35.jpg
null_zps984dfc47.jpg

Now the good part!! The three pins on top fit together like a puzzle. The fronts are glow in the dark :)
null_zpsa076e250.jpg

We opened the first hinge....you would have thought we were unearthing a tomb we dug up in the egyptian desert or something...ha!

The Tiana pin when opened revealed....

null_zpsbd871536.jpg
null_zps331a4a49.jpg

Not a crazy surprise but gorgeous! I was secretly hoping it was young charlotte and tiana, but this works too!!!! Now, I had a feeling about this next one...the Louis...

null_zps4804a334.jpg

I opened this one very very slowly to see a tiny star...and for a moment we were all puzzled but then upon fully opening the pin we see THIS!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!

null_zps3a4f97a7.jpg

RAY!!! (My top three favorite disney character EVER!!!) and Evangeline!!!!!!!! I actually teared up and screamed!!!!! And it gets better...

null_zpsde02db61.jpg

HIS BUTT GLOWS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dead...

Here is the set opened up. Thanks to the team of people that helped me obtain this absolutely fantastical awesome one of kind pin!!! It is now in an elite group of my most favorite pins in my whole entire giant collection!!! <3

null_zps9feba5fd.jpg

best.pin.day.ever!!

There are no words for how jealous I am. This is a gorgeous set! Congrats.

Though are you sure its a LE I? I know the Tiana or Naveen pin showed up on ebay before.

There are no words for how jealous I am. This is a gorgeous set! Congrats.

Though are you sure its a LE I? I know the Tiana or Naveen pin showed up on ebay before.

Yes it was listed offically as an LE 1 pre production never produced set. There are always several PP's of all sets. I wouldn't be surprised if another set pops up at another event but the frame set will be slightly different (background/frame/pins included). The tiana and naveen were probably taken from the "not made" pile and sold on ebay by someone at the factory in china. I think this is common. I hope someone snagged those up that was a PATF collector!!! Especially now that it is clear they are real authorized disney PP pins:)

Yes it was listed offically as an LE 1 pre production never produced set. There are always several PP's of all sets. I wouldn't be surprised if another set pops up at another event but the frame set will be slightly different (background/frame/pins included). The tiana and naveen were probably taken from the "not made" pile and sold on ebay by someone at the factory in china. I think this is common. I hope someone snagged those up that was a PATF collector!!! Especially now that it is clear they are real authorized disney PP pins:)

I'm actually not sure if they ever got sold. There was a thread awhile ago asking about the pins but no one could figure out if they were real or not. Glad to know they are. I now wish I bought the pin.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:WOW!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
You have an awesome set there Amy! Of pins that is.

That is sooo beautiful!!! Congratulations!! And thank-you for sharing the pictures with us. I feel so honored to have seen the pictures! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back