• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

110th Legacy Collection - Let's get organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a Disney supervisor today and they are going to try to get me some information on the probably release date. I cannot understand how they could release 109 pins and then just stop. Got to wonder if they can count - maybe they thought they did them all. I think they are hoping we will forget about and stop asking so please keep calling and asking them about this pin. I spent way too much to get my 109 pins to not have the set. So please keep asking about the pin.

Has anyone gotten any information at all on the release of the last pin? I'm really starting to get nervous about this. I've collected 109 pins and invested a ton of money and I'm not giving up. I'll phone them daily until they have to tell me something. I'm so mad at Disney for doing this. Please, any information on this please.

I may have missed this information somewhere in this thread...Did we ever find out why some of the 110th legacy pins do not have 110th Legacy in the item title on the Disneystore website?
The two that I recall:
Pin 85743: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection -
Ursula

Pin 85738: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection -
1955 Mickey Mouse Club

I think there were a couple more. These pins are listed on Pin Pics with 110th Legacy in their titles, so I'm assuming someone confirmed these are really part of this series?

Thanks, Margaret! I have the Mickey Mouse Club pin on the way for my DH. I had already purchased a couple a few weeks ago and I'm shocked at how small these pins are, considering the prices. :eek2: But I knew he's want that MM Club pin, regardless of size.

There is only one pin that has not been released. It is the 1923 Walt Disney Company Kingswell Street pin. It is a hinged pin. I spoke to Presidential Services today and they know absolutely nothing. They didn't even know what it looked liked. I'm so unhappy that I ever invested in this series. If I wasn't so far into it, I'd give up and trade them away.

Even though there is still one pin missing in the series, the pins the Disney Store still have in stock are now on sale, 25% off, along with some other pins including some D23 exclusives.

I bet they had production problems with that last pin - especially now that Margaret mentioned it's supposed to be hinged. This wouldn't be the first time a pin is very delayed (and even cancelled) due to production issues. I hope that this turns out well. I only purchased the pins that fit our collections and a couple of traders, but I understand the pain if you have been buying with the expectation of having a complete set. :(

I bet they had production problems with that last pin - especially now that Margaret mentioned it's supposed to be hinged. This wouldn't be the first time a pin is very delayed (and even cancelled) due to production issues.

The thing is, there were at least five of them that made it into the huge framed set sold at the D23 Expo. So either those were AP pins that were put together by hand or these got made and lost, like so many of the other pins in this set.

Even though there is still one pin missing in the series, the pins the Disney Store still have in stock are now on sale, 25% off, along with some other pins including some D23 exclusives.

That's what worries me the most. They are discounting them and preparing to remove them from stock. It's like as far as Disney is concerned, the are done with the 110th Legacy. I really want to complete the set and I'm so disgusted with Disney. It's going to have to be a spectacular set or pin before I buy from them again. They are burned me once too often.

That's what worries me the most. They are discounting them and preparing to remove them from stock. It's like as far as Disney is concerned, the are done with the 110th Legacy. I really want to complete the set and I'm so disgusted with Disney. It's going to have to be a spectacular set or pin before I buy from them again. They are burned me once too often.

This is so weird, but I actually had a dream last week that I was on DPF, and I saw you post that the pin you needed was finally released, and you were able to get it. I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

I hope your dream comes true. I would be screaming so loud I wouldn't have to post if I got the final pin. They won't even reply to my emails now. If I knew how to escalate the problem I would, but I have no mailing addresses or anything. I just keep getting the good ole "keep checking the website" email. I'm so tired of living on their website.

has anyone bought a captain hook legacy pin? i just received mine in the mail and it doesn't have that nice glossy finish to it like most disney pins. it literally looks just like a scrapper. i can see the brushstrokes and everything. the only part that IS shiny is the tinkerbell dangle element. but seeing how tinkerbell was made separately from captain hook, i can see why they might have 'forgotten' that last step for the pin's finish. ughhh i'm so frustrated with this! and since the pin is sold out online, the best disneystore.com could do was give me a refund on the pin. i don't want a refund i just wanted the pin. =((((

Hi Karen!

I don't think any of the pins in this collection had the usual glossy finish. Although I only bought a portion of the collection, which did not include the Hook pin, so I can't say for sure on that one.

So rather than forgetting the last step when they made the pin, it looks like they forgot to take that last step out when they made the dangle.

I'm not sure why they chose this finish for this collection, but I think it looks nice (maybe because it is unique). But I do see why you would say that they look like scrappers. Luckily I haven't gotten any with brushstrokes. But if I did, I would be upset too.

So they were all made with a matte-like finish instead of gloss? This was my first LE purchase so I wasn't sure why it looked different from most pins. If they were meant to look like this then I guess I can get over stressing about it haha. I was looking through some ebay seller pics of legacy pins online and I was just thinking that same thing too! Cuz usually when you take a photo of the pin, if the metal is reflecting the light the rest of the pin should be too. I haven't been able to find a single legacy pin online that looks like it has the gloss on it too. Thanks for your input!

Anyone have any word at all on the last pin? I've called until I'm sick of it and can't get anywhere. If anyone has an informant within Disney please see if you can get some information. I need that pin to move on with my framing.

I just posted a new thread on this, but for anyone checking here, I received a phone call from Disney Presidential services saying they will release this final pin tomorrow, the day before Thanksgiving. So check in then and see if they come through!

Geez - Why'd you have to post that??? Now I have to get up at 3AM to be sure I get one of those darn things. I was going to wait and post it after I bought mine:) Just joking - they called me and I was sending emails to everyone. I'm only buying one and then - thank goodness - I'm done with Disney online for a very long time - or until they release another awesome pin set (LOL). Good luck to everyone and I'll be online early for my last little pin - so if you get up before me - please don't buy them all up.

Wow. Now that is good service. They finally get the pin and rather than just put it on the site they call everyone who inquitred about it and let them know. Good job Disney.

I got mine!!! Bright and early this morning I purchased my pin and said "bye-bye Disney online". At last I'm done with the set (well, will be if they manage to mail them out and not damage them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back