• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for posting the pics Siberiaya!

i have to say it is not really what I was expecting but there are definitely good and bad points. For starters I think Snow White looks amazing and Jasmine is not too bad but she does look similar to her designer counterpart other than her dress having some gold in it.

What I am most shocked about are the male dolls. To be honest they sorta make the set look tacky and less elegant. Sorta like a Ken and Barbie pack that you can buy from the store for $20. I don't understand why Charming is also so tanned? Maybe its just the image but I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the princes so far, I am really hoping that Flynn and Beast will be done better. Also the Princes have the plastic hair as well which just makes it look rather cheap.

I definitely would still want these but only for the princesses moreso than their male counterparts. It is getting exciting that we are starting to find out more info, cannot wait!

Thanks for sharing the images!! ah...what a severe look on her face Jasmine seems to have, I prefer her store version face-makeup Nice embroidery! Nice outfit for snow whites prince....Aladdin appears to be wearing a golden sack... I am not keen on the princes hair :/ ahh!! hopefully more images are more promising

Last edited:
Oh wow! I'm not sure if they're what I expected either and agree about the princes looking a bit cheap. I'm sure they'll be much nicer in person though

i don't know what to think about this two first couples. First : the prince... Come on, even mattel know now how to do men synthetics hair... So this is a huge disappointement .

Then, i don't know. Maybe with better pictures? Because the tissue looks a bit cheap, or the drawing on jasmine's dress isn't subtle, it's too thick. I don't know know...

the princesses look great, agree with Serafina on Yasmin's expression.. but I am also not keen on the princes.or the The princes hair is moulded in the same way they moulded it for the Christoff doll from Frozen... I will have to see what it in the box looks like, and well mainly what Eric and Ariel will look like and more importantly belle and the beast. I guess, we might now end up with a plastic form of the beast don't we..

Wow why do the guys have plastic hair? Really they couldn't afford to put in some rooted hair? They look like classic dolls but with different costumes and a higher price range. Hoping Ariel and Eric would look better. :facepalm:

Is it me, or does Snow have something dark lurking in her expression. She for some reason reminds me a bit of her stepmother Regina... There seems to be a hint of the evil queen from Once Upon a Time in her...

I'm disappointed in the mens hair but then again they might look worse with rooted hair:/ snows prince I think looks nice but looks nothing like the prince in the film, more like Ken! I hope Rapunzel and Ariel look amazing because their the sets I'm most wanting curious to see the beast! I'm Betting he will be plastic with some hair on his face like the play doll.

Ummm....yeah....don't really know what to think about these now.

Definitely not what I had imagined in my head...I didn't think they would go with plastic hair for the male dolls, and was hoping they would have chosen nicer fabrics for the female dolls. And Snow's hairstyle is...interesting?

Now I am super curious how the others will turn out, and how these dolls will be "posed" in the box...

Oh my goodness,those are just awful.They look so overproccesed it's bad,they have far too much going on,and the Princes just make the set look far more tacky!Honestly,at the very least I expected the Princes to have rooted hair!This set is not worth the ridiculous price tag!Phew!My bank cries tears of relief!

To be honest I feel relief too I felt SO sold on Jasmine and Aladdin when I saw the concept art! But, based on these pictures, (unless there are further pictures that look totally different) - I am not very interested :/ To be fair they are posed very un-dynamically in these photos despite being so jointed! Boorring poses. But, the biggest disappointment for me definitely Jasmines makeup especially eyebrows. I cannot bear this 'severe eyebrows' thing they have been doing a lot with the princesses. They all have kind personalities - so, give them need kind and gentle expressions! not 'GRRR! I a totally FIERCE cat walk model girlfriend, lookit at my stern eyebrows, I am so fierce grrr!' expressions. Have people seen the new ken doll from Barbie life in the dream house line? He has excellent looking rooted hair and is also a normally priced normal release - which proves it can work

I'm really disappointed with these dolls so far. I was hoping they'd look exactly like the lithographs. The way they look right now they definitely are not worth the price.

I am hoping, (more like praying), that these are prototypes, and that the actual dolls will look better on the finished product. These are definitely not leaked images from the Disney Store website, the quality isn't there (of the photo). I am extremely disappointed in the Prince. He just looks so lackluster and makes Snow White dull. The funny thing is, these two were the ones I was going to buy, or so I thought. But right now only Jasmine is still even slightly appealing.

I totally feel like taking their clothes and redressing the current DS play dolls with them. The outfits are ok for the most part, but I don't think the overall result is worth the $130 price tag. Apart from the embroidery and gold paint on the fabrics, I could probably take a stab at making something like these for a lot cheaper.

I agree with what you say, also the pictures doesn't do them any justice. I can't get over the fact that Aladdin's headgear looks absolutely shambles and has been put over his head like some kind of bag... the more I look at these two couples, the more I'm actually sure I won't be chasing these. Let's hope the other three have been done more justice.

Funny you should say that! As I was looking at them, I started thinking it may be time for another OOAK...:lol:

Although I know the dolls never look as good as the lithos, these are just not even close. It's too bad. I too am afraid to see what Beast looks like. That was the set I really wanted.

It's rediculous.. The ones that they sell in the store right now for $13 look more like they did in the movies and their outfits are fitter... Maybe these would have been better if they had been 17"... Though it is nice to see the male dolls without the female shiney eyes..

OMG! No way these are very average looking classic dolls with more detailed clothing. Worth the $130 price tag . Uh uh.

Status
Not open for further replies.