• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I agree that they look LOADS better in the cases. I think Jasmine and Aladdin look really nice actually. Their pose is fantastic also. Much better than the other 2 thus far. Second is LM, I love Ariel's look and while I don't think Eric is all that great, they are nice too. However, Snow White and Prince look pretty meh to me. They aren't even acknowledging one another with their pose and I get the feeling Prince is just being a creeper, standing there watching her with his arms at his sides.

Thanks for posting ElysionsPrincess! It's nice to see in box pics. I just wish they had taken the photo for Eric and Ariel from a different angle. We can't even see Eric's face.

Maybe it's just a bad angle, but it looks like Eric is staring at something behind Ariel...lol

He's probably freaked out...I mean Sebastian keeps whispering "put your lips together like this, and kiss!" into his ear. It looks like he is looking around like "who said that?!" lol

Thanks for the picture!

I definitely think they look better in their cases. I love how Jasmine and Aladdin are posed but I do wish Ariel and Eric were posed a different way, it's not bad pose I just don't particularly like it. Snow if still a definite 'No' for me, I don't that sat at all, even after all this time and seeing her in her box cemented that for me.
I hope we see Belle and Beast and Rapunzel and Flynn sometime this week!

I'm glad that A&J, my favorite couple, still looks the best (IMO) and looks even better in the box. However, I'm sad to see those were final product pix and that no improvements will be made to the fit of their clothes or with Snow's stupid braid and the bottom of her dress (where did the lacy stuff go?) or her prince's cape.

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved the dolls from the first leaked pix a couple pages back, but part of that love was assuming they weren't FINAL final pix.

The price is really wrong for this lineup. I won't pay full price for them, even if it runs the risk of missing out. The villains are still my fave designer series.

And, wow, they're really crammed in those cases, aren't they? There's no way Beast is going to be in beast form. He'd never fit! I mean, obviously he HAS to be in that form based off the artwork, I just don't know how they're going to pull it off when the rest of the series has had so much trouble being translated.

I hope we see the other two sets soon now!! Well I am deffo going to get Ariel, love her! Wish their was a picture taken from another angle to see Eric, & hoping she has her bow. I love jasmine and Aladdins pose and I'm really starting to love Snow! X

agreed- they do look loads better posed in box. jasmine and aladdin especially benefit from their pose and I love how they incorporated the flower from the concept art because I think it's really sweet. still don't care for their headpieces much though.
Ariel's dress looks less baggy now and although we can't see Eric, his hair looks black so that's good.
Snow looks sweeter in her pose but I'm still not a fan of her look and the Prince does look like he just got pushed to the back, Snow's like "whoa handsome, I'm in front."

I wonder what this means for Rapunzel and Belle. Rapunzel might have the lantern like in the concept (which would be really cute) but if Flynn is posed just behind her he might suffer from the Prince's disengagement. Will Belle be sitting down? why have there only been leaked pictures of these three from the set haha I want to seeeee!

Yay more pictures...and in the box this time!

Jasmine and Aladdin definitely look better in the box...they are posed nice and have a "prop".

I'm still not sold on Snow White's braid...I would never in a million years think that would be a good "designer" look for her...I wasn't crazy about the curly look in the lithos, but I think it would have turned out better than a side braid...I just don't understand why they went with that. :facepalm:

Ariel's dress does look a little loose and could have been fitted better to her body, and the lace petticoat underneath looks sloppy. It is still hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like maybe...just maybe...there is a little bit of blue peeking out behind the right side of her hair. I really hope it's her bow!

I'm not sure how I feel about all the clear plastic in there...it looks like there are plastic tabs/stands holding up Eric's/ Aladdin's/ Snow White's arm(s). I won't know until I see them in person but it looks a little strange. Also, it looks like the square cardboard surfaces that the dolls are standing on look like they aren't properly secured on the bottom, and are "popping up" in the corners.

If these doll sets were at the $60-$80 range I would probably purchase them for sure...but at $130 I am still torn. I am still not going to completely decide until I see how Rapunzel and Belle turn out...and I would definitely like to see them in person considering that is what sold me on the Designer Princesses. I also have a completetist issue and if I collect only one or two of these I just know I will want to get the whole set...but I'm really not liking Snow right now. Aaahhh decisions decisions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! In this picture...it almost looks like Eric is interested in...someone else. (My money is on Prince)

They look better in their poses, but still don't look that expensive and...DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ALL THAT VISABLE PLASTIC PACKAGING! Do they REALLY need to add all those plastic things in there to hold them in place? Really? Gah!

LOL... You are too funny! I agree that the in-box pictures are better than the other stock photos, but I am still undecided on whether or not to pursue these, and I am rather frivolous with my money when it comes to doll collecting. Those gross plastic things sticking up to support the men's hands are the same as the plastic thing that was holding up Designer Maleficent's staff, which I was not a fan of either.

Considering that these are probably not going to be good investment-type dolls anyway, I say that anyone who likes a couple (or the set) should get them and really just change up whatever they don't like about the poses/packaging. For example, the plastic things holding up the men's arms can be cut off. Alternatively, I would say debox them and have at it to reposition them as you see fit. All of the Designer dolls made thus far look a million times better when deboxed.

It makes me wonder how they are going to position Bell & Beast as in the litho she's sitting down

Tempted to buy Ariel/Eric and take the prince completely out...

BTW to the people who thought the original Designer Princesses would devalue because of this line - you can rest now, it's not gonna happen. In fact, the original may even go up in value because of the mixed reactions to these ones.

The side braid sits up too high on Snow. Makes it look like a little kid with a highly perched side pony tail rather than an elegant woman with a swept to the side braid. I like the braid idea, but it should be lower.

They do look better in the boxes. I like the pairing of the couples. Still not sold on them though.

When do we get to see the rest in the set?

That's what I want to do, but Ariel is not worth $130 and no one is going to buy Eric.

Yes, I actually desire Snow and Jasmine from the original Designer Princess set more than I did after seeing these.

Status
Not open for further replies.