• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Everything is so vage about the dolls. Like for example the uk store says the sale of Snow White & the Prince Will start on 20 August (online and in stores). So can we really buy the doll online in the uk on 20 August? Also At what time does the sale normally start in the uk? Cause with the LE Ariël I had to get up At 9am (central european Time).

I'm hoping that the raffle system will turn many people off. Especially, since that isa time that most people are at work/school. I can understand, maybe getting 1 day off to try the raffle but realistically, how many people can get away like that on multiple occasions??? I would love to get Rapunzel/Eugene, Aladdin/jasmine and Ariel/Eric. I've asked my boyfriend to take off work on October 15 because I truly think that Ariel will be the most difficult to get. It seems like she is the most popular princess.....

I forgot to add, I myself, can't miss multiple classes for these dolls.......Since school hasn't started yet, I don't know how much of a stickler on attendance, that my professor will be for my Tuesday afternoon class. Hopefully. It's not an issue....but unfortunately, I've had some professors that get uptight about missing multiple class meeting...

How do you guys think the dolls will sell on Disneystore.uk? Will it be sold out in like 10 minutes or ...? Because it was always super easy to get a LE doll on the UK site... Even the princesses were easy to get! Gosh, I'm so nervous!! :anxious:

Ariel and Eric mug is back up on the site for sale. Just purchased it

YES! You're the best! I was super bummed about missing this mug. I called a store (because I didn't realize they weren't selling them until the 20th). The employee told me she had them and was going to hold them for me, once we got in we got told by the manager that we could not buy the Ariel and Rapunzel mugs. Super bummed, so I missed the first online sale!

Hey everyone. I've just been a follower of these posts for awhile but wanted to finally say hi. The Ariel mug is sold out again and I missed it - shoot Do you think they'll restock again? Also I was super bummed to have missed out on the pins - I also had my order cancelled so glad to who wrote that maybe it's for the best. Probably a collecting path I'd be better not to go down - for the sake of my wallet

Welcome! Since I plan on visiting my Disney store next Monday and Tuesday, I'll see if I can find one for you.

I just happened to click back and check on it and they had some back. Bought it and then it turned to sold out again so hopefully it goes through. Learned my lesson not to hold my breath on that tho
Disneykid85 - That's really sweet of you to offer to check for me. Thank you!

Are they going to be releasing stuff on Monday too in the store? Snow is coming out on Tuesday right? Will the store have designer stuff on Monday?

Last edited:
Quick update on the eBay situation for those who care. After the initial frenzied bidding for golden variant snow, prices seem to be stabilizing. Most bids are ending around $350 currently; people listing for over that as an initial price are not selling. Several listings starting in the ridiculous region of $800 and up have been relisted for much less.

Also there are multiple multiple listings for her, seems she was sold to more scalpers than actual collectors. Part of the reason designer Ariel (just as an example) goes for more than the others in her series is that not many scalpers got her -more actual collectors did, leaving less available on the secondary market. Prices may eventually start to fall long term if this is true.

$350 is still more than I'm willing to pay but I thought this might help a few board members out.

Last edited:
I was just trying to debate whether to get her or not. Do you think it'll go down much lower or $350 will prob be as low as it'll go?

Depends on whether the scalper can hold onto the item or not. Silver Cinderella from D23 from 2 years ago goes from $750-1200 now (of course, that was even more limited)

I was just trying to debate whether to get her or not. Do you think it'll go down much lower or $350 will prob be as low as it'll go?

I think it will probably stay around that price and won't really get much lower. As more and more collectors now continue to buy them from the scalpers while they are still new, there will be less and less available to buy later on, so I think the price will likely increase after that. That's just my opinion, I really have no idea but based on the Silver Cinderella, that's what I think will happen. Personally, I had to buy one at the inflated price because I really wanted one and I don't want to regret it later if the price goes even higher.

There was one ebay seller who listed three dolls for buy it now at $300 but I think they have run out of dolls. I haven't seen one that low in the past few days.

As with all items it really depends how much you are willing to pay. If you really don't want to miss out on her go for it. I'm seeing unsold dolls at $400 right now so hunt around before committing to higher than that.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll try to get one now around the ~350 mark before it goes back up. But OI even that much kind of freaks me out to spend. I'll have to think about how bad I want it or if just trying for Eric/Ariel will be enough.

I honestly don't think the $300-$400 price tag is that bad. They had to pay to get into the convention, pay for the doll, pay sales tax, and then pay Ebay fees. They really aren't making very much at the end of the day. I bet most of them do it just to pay part of the convention price. Now, the pins, that profit margin is huge for Ebay flipping. I don't like it but I do understand the desire by the scalpers to get their hands on those. I personally paid $420 including shipping and everything for a doll and feel appreciative that the flippers put them on Ebay for me to buy. I am a 16 hour drive from Anaheim and a seven hour drive from the nearest Disney Store so getting a valuable doll for not that bad of a mark-up is welcome to me. Plus, based on the Silver Cinderella, Snow will only go up in value (I wish that I had Cinderella). I don't see her ever dropping down below retail and see her as a good investment.

If the order works out next week does that mean the dolls will be shipped out immediately?

I'm asking because I will be on vacation the next two weeks so I wouldn't be at home if they send it within that time. And it will be sent via UPS, Fedex, whatever. And they usually send things back after 3 days.

Do you think I could write Disney asking them to send it later?

Aww man, now both the Ariel and Rapunzel mugs are sold out!

Add the DFDC Belle and Beast mug to the list. If you call the Disney Store out about not making enough of something like this, they always come back at you with something like: "We make every effort to anticipate the popularity of our [products] but on occasion, their popularity exceeds even our expectations." Really?!? A designer collection featuring princesses? Did they not keep track of how insane 2011 was with the original Designer Princess collection? Sure, they did offer all of the products online for the designer collections for the past two years, and I am grateful for that. However, it really looks as if they are basing this year's inventory quantities off of the sales of last year's Designer Villains collection, which had a smaller consumer base.

If the order works out next week does that mean the dolls will be shipped out immediately?

you could always just request a hold with either UPS or Fedex. I've done it before.

Last edited:
you could always just request a hold with either UPS or Fedex. I've done it before.

I could but I'm not at home so I wouldn't know the tracking number. Or will that be available via Disney??

Edit: Just checked my last order. Yes indeed they sent the tracking number. Oh well thats good then Thank you

Last edited:
Ebay is going nuts with people and their crazy prices. I mean.. do they really think someones going to pay 1,499.95 dollars for these pins

The greed that's exhibited on eBay is often mind boggling!!! I can't believe, that some people pay $1,000 for........PINS:/ Even if I had a ton of disposable income like that, I'd have a VERY, hard time paying that for some pins!

My husband claims that the reason my justifications are so good is because I truly believe them. I do honestly believe that D23 snow will go up in value much the same way that d23 Cinderella did. Once collectors buy out the Ebayers she will be hard and expensive to buy. Let me know what you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.