• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Who IS this family? Are they scalpers? I believe in safety in numbers in this raffle situation, but even though I'm bringing a friend to enter the raffle with me, I'll only be leaving with one Snow White set (even if both our names are drawn). I assume they'll just move on to the next name if someone doesn't claim it, right?

There was a large family of adults who showed up at Dollmagedon last year and forcibly ran to be the first in line pushing through people who had been waiting at the mall entrance earlier than them. The "grandma" of the group was not as fast as the rest of them, so they let her in line when she got there. Each of them bought all five dolls and then made offers to people in line who didn't get a doll. I saw them selling a few in the parking lot after-wards and there were suddenly listings up in ebay for my area where people had multiples of each princess for sale. So, I am reasonably sure they were a family of scalpers.

Last edited:
There was a large family of adults who showed up at Dollmagedon last year and forcibly ran to be the first in line pushing through people who had been waiting at the mall entrance earlier than them. The "grandma" of the group was not as fast as the rest of them, so they let her in line when she got there. Each of them bought all five dolls and then made offers to people in line who didn't get a doll. I saw them selling a few in the parking lot after-wards and there were suddenly listings up in ebay for my area where people had multiples of each princess for sale. So, I am reasonably sure they were a family of scalpers.

That's terrible. I overheard a woman in the Disney Store today saying she was bringing 20 people to the store tomorrow to buy dolls. The store only has 20 dolls!

That's terrible. I overheard a woman in the Disney Store today saying she was bringing 20 people to the store tomorrow to buy dolls. The store only has 20 dolls!

Sometimes I just hate people. The only set I'm going to get is Ariel & Eric. If I don't have to work I'm going to go to the store and take a member or two of my family so I can hopefully walk away with just one Ariel & Eric set. If not I'll have to try to get them online. I never bought any of the Designer Princess or Villain dolls so it would be nice to think I could get the one Fairytale couple set that I want. But with so many people trying to get their hands on as many of these as they can and there only being one DS in my state I really hope luck is on my side for once.

Is Snow White a popular princess?? I'm not interested in getting her but I'm anxious to see how her release tomorrow goes. I hope all if you that will actually give the set, a good home get her!!! I'm so sick of scalpers........ I gave up Monster High dolls because it just gets to be too much!! Thankfully, these are once a year....with a few times in the year for the 17 inch dolls

My friends would think I had gone nuts if I asked them to all come swarm a store to get a bunch of dolls. I think they would understand if they were increasing my odds of getting my personal one doll, but if I asked them to try to get as many dolls as possible so I can sell them all, they would say no. They would also point out how I am depriving children of their dolls (because they also would assume most everyone else was getting one for their kid and I am the only oddball adult collector).

Sometimes I just hate people. The only set I'm going to get is Ariel & Eric. If I don't have to work I'm going to go to the store and take a member or two of my family so I can hopefully walk away with just one Ariel & Eric set. If not I'll have to try to get them online. I never bought any of the Designer Princess or Villain dolls so it would be nice to think I could get the one Fairytale couple set that I want. But with so many people trying to get their hands on as many of these as they can and there only being one DS in my state I really hope luck is on my side for once.
I agree with, it's sickening how GREEDY people get!! I would love Aladdin and Jasmine as well but i know the Ariel/Eric set is going to probably bring out many people!

I am really curious to know if the shark family will show at my store. At least this time it is a raffle so we all have a chance, but if they have caught drift of these dolls, all 10 or so of them might be there. There were three Ariels still at my store a few days after she sold out online so I don't think they knew about her.
Did you go to the Stonebriar mall in Frisco TX by any chance??? There was a LARGE family of sarks including dear old granny....one girl was clearly under 18 and they were arguing with the CM's at the front of the line:/ I was so annoyed because the girl didnt have ID to prove her age and the manager just gave in and allowed her the doll.....THAT, made me miss out on Pocahontas:/ they ran out of her and aurora right before me:/ I got the last Tiana...Rapunzel and Jasmine

I'm officially terrified for tomorrow! I've got a free slot from 11:40-2:15 where I plan on driving forty minutes away to enter the raffle, wait, and then hurry back!

I've also had a nightmare about these dolls for every day of the week... One was about how Disney Store decided last minute not to do a raffle and I was last in line, one was about how I didn't get the doll, so I had to order from Ebay and they sent me the wrong doll, but a lot of LE pins to "make up for it" and it was basically like Sophie's choice, and one dream was a nightmare above all else... I got my name pulled, but they only had dolls with their hair messed up! :nono:

My friends would think I had gone nuts if I asked them to all come swarm a store to get a bunch of dolls. I think they would understand if they were increasing my odds of getting my personal one doll, but if I asked them to try to get as many dolls as possible so I can sell them all, they would say no. They would also point out how I am depriving children of their dolls (because they also would assume most everyone else was getting one for their kid and I am the only oddball adult collector).

Mine would too. Luckily I was able to preorder a full set but if I didn't my husband and I were both going to enter the raffle. If one of us got called that would be it. I wouldn't buy a 2nd doll.

Yuck! ...just...Yuck! And this is why I have always been an advocate of the Disney Store of increasing the edition sizes of the dolls. I get that they want to keep the pins at very low editions, partly to keep the collectible integrity of the pins, but also because the pins cater to a very specific collecting population, whereas dolls can be bought for many reasons (personal collections, gifts, toys for children *shudder*, etc.). Clearly, the Disney Store did not learn anything from the 2011 mess when it comes to the Designer dolls.

Is Snow White a popular princess?? I'm not interested in getting her but I'm anxious to see how her release tomorrow goes. I hope all if you that will actually give the set, a good home get her!!! I'm so sick of scalpers........ I gave up Monster High dolls because it just gets to be too much!! Thankfully, these are once a year....with a few times in the year for the 17 inch dolls

I would say that Snow White is a moderately popular princess. She is not as popular as Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel, but her merchandise seems to sell more than many of the other remaining princesses. What will make tomorrow particularly difficult is that this will be the first doll released in the collection, so the sharks will be out in full force. I think many of them are full aware of which couples from the collection would definitely cut higher profits, but I also think that they will try to ride on the eBay sales of the more limited D23 Expo exclusive DFDC Snow White & The Prince. Best of luck to all of those who are trying in-store!

I don't wanna try online for anymore limited edition stuff.....I feel more comfortable having my item/items, in hand. Too many of these, "we're sorry e mails" going around....I've gotten 3 of them:/ frustrating!!!!

I don't wanna try online for anymore limited edition stuff.....I feel more comfortable having my item/items, in hand. Too many of these, "we're sorry e mails" going around....I've gotten 3 of them:/ frustrating!!!!

I'm a magpie and collect far too many things, but I have to say collecting Disney items is the most frustrating experience for me out of all the things I collect. There's bizarrely not enough stock of a lot of things (not even limited edition items, I'm talking about regular stock).

I like collecting things because it's fun, but I have to say the stress of Disney collecting takes a lot of fun out of it.

I'm officially terrified for tomorrow! I've got a free slot from 11:40-2:15 where I plan on driving forty minutes away to enter the raffle, wait, and then hurry back!

I've also had a nightmare about these dolls for every day of the week... One was about how Disney Store decided last minute not to do a raffle and I was last in line, one was about how I didn't get the doll, so I had to order from Ebay and they sent me the wrong doll, but a lot of LE pins to "make up for it" and it was basically like Sophie's choice, and one dream was a nightmare above all else... I got my name pulled, but they only had dolls with their hair messed up! :nono:

I'm nervous as well. I too have a long drive-- an hour for me-- and bad weather is in the forecast.

I don't even know if I want Snow. But I have to trek all the way out there just to see the display and then decide since they wouldn't put the display dolls out early. They're claiming they will only put out one display doll every two weeks. I sure hope not. That would be such a pain if I have to go every two weeks just to see the dolls. :(

If anyone is around the South OC area, I was just at the Mission Viejo Disney Store and they had tons of of merch left, including the wallet and cosmetic bag! I was able to nab one of the two wallets left, however they do a have a lot of the cosmetic bags and lithographs still there too. I was rather surprised at how much of it was still left, and even more so that there were parts of the really limited merchandise sent to a store too.

wow, that's terrible!..I'm new to the disney dolls but I've collected dolls with my mom for as long as I can remember, this is so insane..and I've been to San Diego Comic Con..so much for thinking all of the craziness happened there..haha good luck everyone!

we preordered a set just to guarantee the rapunzel doll. who knows how crazy these could be. i guess i can just trade or sell the other ones, although i might keep jasmine too :)

I'm extremely anxious and excited to hear everyone's in store experiences in the store tommorow ( be sure to post). Unfortunately, the disney store that was 20 min away from me closed down a few months ago, And the next nearest is too far so I can't go in person. I don't think I'm going to get snow white ( got the d23 version) but I will go for belle, ariel, and rapunzel online. Hoping for the best. Good Luck everyone!

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow fellow collectors! I hope you all get the set! Please wish me luck tomorrow night....going to bed at 8pm, then getting up just before midnight, then back to bed til I have to be up at 4:30 for work. Coffee will be mandatory!! ;)

Did you go to the Stonebriar mall in Frisco TX by any chance??? There was a LARGE family of sarks including dear old granny....one girl was clearly under 18 and they were arguing with the CM's at the front of the line:/ I was so annoyed because the girl didnt have ID to prove her age and the manager just gave in and allowed her the doll.....THAT, made me miss out on Pocahontas:/ they ran out of her and aurora right before me:/ I got the last Tiana...Rapunzel and Jasmine

No, not the same mall, but sounds like what happened here. Except all of them were adults so there was no question about them getting dolls. I was the second to last person to get a doll (Jasmine) which I traded for Rapunzel. The store had 28 Jasmines as the most numerous doll and I think 12 Pocahontases as the least. So the family, which was about 10, each got all five dolls and two other people got full sets. I think some people passed up dolls but most took as many as they could. I'm pretty sure this other unrelated to the family couple in line was buying to resell too, but they were the ones who traded with me so I was happy to get my favorite doll. Actually though, I now wish I got Aurora then because she was harder for me to find later.

On tumblr people are pretty amusing. Half of them don't know what they are talking about.
They are posting pictures of the dolls saying that Disney store is sold out of all the dolls already.
That they wish that they had a chance to get them individually but, they are all gone. I sat there reading it like "Whaa.."

Also someone posted saying that Disney Store was selling "10" dolls for $650
I was confused where the 10 dolls came from. xD

On tumblr people are pretty amusing. Half of them don't know what they are talking about.
They are posting pictures of the dolls saying that Disney store is sold out of all the dolls already.
That they wish that they had a chance to get them individually but, they are all gone. I sat there reading it like "Whaa.."

Also someone posted saying that Disney Store was selling "10" dolls for $650
I was confused where the 10 dolls came from. xD

well i guess it technically is 10 dolls since 5 pairs of 2 but yeah, they're definitely not sold out yet haha

I'm going to my local store tomorrow and entering the raffle...and even though my sister doesn't want Snow White I am making her go with me so I have two chances instead of one. :)

I'm super curious how many dolls my store received (I asked over the phone tonight but they said they weren't allowed to say) and how the raffle works out. :anxious:

Good luck to everyone else trying...I'm looking forward to hearing all of our experiences tomorrow! :D

My brother and I are going tomorrow in hopes of increasing my chances of getting Snow White. I just want one doll, if we got lucky and got called twice we'd just pass it up.

As much as I enjoyed lining up - the raffle seems to put things on a more even ground.

Definitely agree here that I prefer the raffle. While you're there not being able to gauge if you will get a doll, it removes any real ability for people to turn into complete animals. Sure they can get upset, but how can you accuse someone of cutting or cheating when it's pulling a paper from a bowl? I really hope the best for all of us. I'm taking a long lunch at work to go try for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back