• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I really look forward to reports from people. I live really far from any Disney Stores and will try my luck online tomorrow night. I am really interested in your stories (hopefully success ones). Please don't forget to share! I have to live vicariously through you guys tomorrow!!!

Definitely agree here that I prefer the raffle. While you're there not being able to gauge if you will get a doll, it removes any real ability for people to turn into complete animals. Sure they can get upset, but how can you accuse someone of cutting or cheating when it's pulling a paper from a bowl? I really hope the best for all of us. I'm taking a long lunch at work to go try for mine!

I really look forward to reports from people. I live really far from any Disney Stores and will try my luck online tomorrow night. I am really interested in your stories (hopefully success ones). Please don't forget to share! I have to live vicariously through you guys tomorrow!!!

I live close to the Mall of America Disney Store, and despite the size of the mall I'm always shocked at how small of quantities they receive of LE dolls. I remember during Dollmageddon 2011 the first 5 people in line took practically the entire shipment.

Yes! I love hearing others peoples stories about the orders. I plan to take pictures(if they allow me) of it all :)

Edit: Just got the Snow White couples edition on the german online store without a problem :)

Last edited:
I'm kinda not liking D23 expo......I'm pretty sure, if there wasn't an expo this year, this stuff wouldn't be so hard to get!! They probably have a ridiculously low stock, once the general public sale happens. Last year, for the villains, along with having a higher edition size, there wasn't an expo! Which allowed for full stock of dolls once the releases,started happening. Now, this year, just like when the first Designer Princess line was released, there was an expo......I don't understand who comes up with the edition sizes but seriously!!! Why do they not realize the same stuff that "WE" realize!!! Hello????? The Princess line is a HUGE market for Disney!! Ok, sorry, rant over:/ I shouldn't get this stressed over dolls LMBO!!!

Here in Milan (Italy) Disney Store they don't had any sort of promo pictures-posters for show to us the dolls.
They put the dolls in a normal stand with other regular products.
I were here at opening time (10.00 am).

No lines, no people for them, no raffle. Just 10 sets - better than nothing -

but seriously: a woman near me was fascinated by the set, but when she noticed the price she said " They're crazy?????" and left the set down.

It was funny :lol: No Snow white-prince set for me. But this is a little good sign for Europe stores.

A little photo, so you can see:

al6dk4.png

Last edited:
I am really hoping that trend will be somewhat similar here in the States! I'm glad those of you wanting one had no issues.

I'm on the east coast, so less than 7 hours until my store does its first drawing. Even if I decide not to get this set, I will hang around and see how it goes.

Bare minimum I need to have a vague idea of what to expect 2 weeks from now (Rapunzel and Flynn are musts for me).

I think the price for them in Europe is putting a lot of people off. I'm certainly not buying them for £100 and a lot of people on Facebook are complaining about the price. Hopefully not many will sell and DS will reduce them a bit.

Here in Milan (Italy) Disney Store they don't had any sort of promo pictures-posters for show to us the dolls.
They put the dolls in a normal stand with other regular products.
I were here at opening time (10.00 am).

No lines, no people for them, no raffle. Just 10 sets - better than nothing -

but seriously: a woman near me was fascinated by the set, but when she noticed the price she said " They're crazy?????" and left the set down.

It was funny :lol: No Snow white-prince set for me. But this is a little good sign for Europe stores.

A little photo, so you can see:

al6dk4.png

Looks beautiful in the display! also notice there's no other merchandise in Italy either. Such a shame!

Must admit I went through about 8 or 9 as a lot of them were shoddy! Snow white's hair messy, excessive strands of hair and strands of thread just hanging out. I expect better quality for what you pay for!

Must admit I went through about 8 or 9 as a lot of them were shoddy! Snow white's hair messy, excessive strands of hair and strands of thread just hanging out. I expect better quality for what you pay for!

That is not encouraging.

I dealt with the same issue with Ursula last year. I had to look at 4 or 5 before I found one whose hair was not a mess.

It's now nearly 4 hours since the UK store posted the snow doll on the site, and no sold out signs as such yet. Keeping an update on it for the coming hours. Really hope you guys in the US get your hands on them. I'm personally hoping this trend continues so I don't have any problems, in buying the B&B and A&E one though we'll have to wait and see to compare when Rapunzel gets released in two weeks time.

Looks beautiful in the display! also notice there's no other merchandise in Italy either. Such a shame!

Yes i'm a little sad because i will never have a mug or a journal :(

Anyway.. on UK site and european sites (France and Germany) , the snow white's set is still available!

Not sold out
after 8 hours, and Europe have few stocks (compared with usa, probably 500 dolls in total) .. :lol:

Finger crossed for the future :)

Last edited:
Well, I can't miss work to go to the release, so I figure if my store still has them available when I can get there at about 6:30 pm, then it was meant to be! I wish I could be there because I am really curious about how busy it will be at the store (sending a couple friends next week who are nice enough to try to get me rapunzel!)

I hope everyone who wants her has luck at their stores :) I am excited/curious to hear how the store releases go!

Well, I can't miss work to go to the release, so I figure if my store still has them available when I can get there at about 6:30 pm, then it was meant to be! I wish I could be there because I am really curious about how busy it will be at the store (sending a couple friends next week who are nice enough to try to get me rapunzel!)

I hope everyone who wants her has luck at their stores :) I am excited/curious to hear how the store releases go!

me too!!! If the Austin, TX store still has some after the raffle, I'll trek over there after work. If not, I'll try my hand at it tonight online after 12....

What time did Snow go online in the Uk? They have all grow on me. I was trying to be strong and just collect sleeping beauty and villains merchandise but I want either Rapunzel or Ariel!
which would you rather have Rapunzel or Ariel.?

Wish me luck! Dollmagedon in t-Minus 22 minutes... My store has 38 dolls though! :)

Lucky! My store has 14. I don't know what my odds are at this point. Here with my mom to double my chances.

I got to see all of the display dolls. I hate to say it but the Rapunzel set looks the worst by a country mile. Flynn is probably 95% obscured and Rapunzel is posed strangely. Flynn's facial expression is weird too. If I can get it I am definitely opening that box and fixing Rapunzels head at least. The angle is awful.

Beast looks far better than in pictures. Aladdin doesn't look as bad as he did to me in pictures. Belles dress is stunning and really detailed, as is Jasmines. Snow is lovely, hence I'm getting her.

Ariel and Eric are by far my favorite set though.

I'm about to head back over to the table. Fingers crossed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back