• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I thought the same thing about turning his head, but he's got that stupid scarf molded to his neck, so I doubt he can turn very much :(

However, I do think the set is beautiful. I just regret not being able to see him more than I regret not being able to see Flynn. Not sure why, maybe because he's so unique?

Oh, I totally forgot to say that it's a good thing I asked to inspect my set before purchasing. Snow White's hand was ripped right out of its socket on the one they were going to sell me. LOL, it was stuck to that weird plastic insert at the front of the box.

I'm sure it would be an easy fix, but imagine spending $150 on a pair of dolls to see THAT?

It sucks because even if you de-box Rapunzel and Flynn he still has to be directly behind her because thats where the stands are mounted to the base. Hopefully he can stand by himself to the left of her. I think with the in box poses they were trying to replicate the art work when they should have been putting them in a pose that best suits the dolls.

Last edited:
Oh, I totally forgot to say that it's a good thing I asked to inspect my set before purchasing. Snow White's hand was ripped right out of its socket on the one they were going to sell me. LOL, it was stuck to that weird plastic insert at the front of the box.

I'm sure it would be an easy fix, but imagine spending $150 on a pair of dolls to see THAT?

YIKES! I'm glad you saw that before you bought it. I had to look at a couple before finding one that looked right.

I think the only couple that is actually, truly worth the money is Belle and Beast. He is impressive. He looks hideous and cheap in the pictures, but in person it is a whole different story.

That's my second favorite set now, behind Ariel & Eric. I think Jasmine & Aladdin is third for me.

Went to the store today to see how it would work out. The store in Menlo Park, NJ got 18 dolls. Only 6 people showed up for the raffle so everyone got one. Happened to pass another DS on my way home and they had 12 left over. Not sure how many they started with.

I'm near livid right now. I had no issues with the actual experience and getting the doll, however as most of you know you're only allowed to pick from two dolls. In the dim lighting of the store I didn't notice this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw52mo8lwz1bfxw/2013-08-20 14.25.34.jpg

I'm calling guest services to see what I can get done about it because I didn't pay $140 to have a doll with a half smudged cheek.

My store had 20 dolls and there were only 15 of us..not bad, I thought it was going to be a lot more crazier. Hopefully all of you guys getting one gets or got one today :)

Wish me luck! Dollmagedon in t-Minus 22 minutes... My store has 38 dolls though! :)

Are you at FL mall? If so, me tooooo!!

I was at the FL mall too! :)

Like others said, our store had 38 dolls, and I would say only 20-25 people entered the raffle. Everything went really smoothly and it was a pleasant experience.

I have a feeling the releases will get more hectic as time goes on (like the original Designer series). I remember when those came out I could casually walk in and purchase a Cinderella or Ariel DAYS after they were released with no problems...by the time "Dollmaggedon" came I showed up at the store at 4:00 AM and left empty handed.

Now that these dolls are on display in the stores and more and more people learn about them they will gain momentum. I would be willing to bet the Ariel and Eric release will be the most chaotic of all due to them being the last couple and their popularity. On the other hand, the price of these dolls might be scaring some customers away. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks. :)

I really do like the raffle though...it makes everything seem less stressful. And even if I don't get my name called at one of the upcoming releases I can always try online that evening.

Congrats to everyone that got her today and good luck to everyone trying online tonight! :D

Selithiel: How in the world did they do that to the doll? I wonder if somebody with greasy fingers packaged her or if it's a paint smudge. How sad, I hope you can get another one! You would think they would pay more attention since these are collector's dolls! Good luck!!!

Last edited:
I'm near livid right now. I had no issues with the actual experience and getting the doll, however as most of you know you're only allowed to pick from two dolls. In the dim lighting of the store I didn't notice this:

I'm calling guest services to see what I can get done about it because I didn't pay $140 to have a doll with a half smudged cheek.

I'm sorry you got this :(. I am sure they will take care of you. Good Luck! Keep us posted. On a side note. My store had the dolls bagged and just handed them to us. However I checked mine before leaving. I didn't know you could actually pick from a choice.

Thats terrible! I would be so Upset! Before they put them up for sale the cast members really should inspect them for defects. Its not fair to you to have to go through the trouble of fixing this. I pray mine arrives decent.

Guest services said I had to send an e-mail in order to speak with someone. That doesn't leave me very optimistic as I'd much rather speak to an actual person in real time. I've sent the e-mail though, so we'll just see what happens. Thanks for the support all :)

My friend's Snow White doll has yellow paint on her chest...I would recommend everyone takes a good look at their Snow White dolls NOW and if there are any problems, to call or go to the store ASAP to see if anything can be done. Not too pleased about this QC thus far! :(

I got mine! My store had 38, and everyone got one! I was there by myself, and from the looks of it it didn't SEEM like there were any sharks, but looks can be deceiving I suppose.

I did appreciate though that they still did the raffle to determine the order to pick the dolls. The first one I looked at (I brought a little flashlight on my keychain with me SPECIFICALLY because of the dim lighting! I must have looked like a freak...) was literally perfect! There was not a hair out of place on her entire head, and I was so excited!... until I turned her around and saw the certificate was bent/ ripped in one corner... So the collector in me sent her back... sigh. The second one has some loose hairs here and there, but ultimately was more than acceptable and I didn't want to be too picky and annoying, so I got her! I'm very excited, I have to clear a space now for her and the Evil Queen somewhere! I haven't set out all my villains yet because I've been trying to collect all the princesses that correspond with them first (so Snow, Aurora, Ariel, and Rapunzel) and I haven't been lucky enough to get Snow or Ariel (go figure on that one...) for a good price yet, so I am glad I can finally display her!

My mother was actually really excited too... which is weird! She isn't a collector and works up in North Carolina and usually has Tuesdays off, so I asked her if she'd drive two hours away and try for one, just in case I couldn't get one... I haven't talked to her since she left (she forgot her phone, of course) but she said she looked up pictures online and actually thought they were really pretty, which is a BIG feat for her! I'll have to see how she fared because they only had 11 dolls at her store, but my plan has always been to get an extra in case someone on here missed out. I'm not sure if she did end up getting one, but I might have an extra if anyone here didn't get one!

It is true what they say... they are so much prettier in person! Belle is my favorite princess tied with Ariel, but I wasn't in love with her and Beast until I saw them in person! Rapunzel and Flynn were HIDEOUS in person though, pose-wise! Her sleeve was all wonky and her head literally was reminiscent of The Exorcist. I'm not a fan of deboxing, but since they aren't that hard to unbox and rebox without it showing alterations, I might have to twist her head too.

Ultimately it was pretty stress free! The manager remembered me from the other day when I went to get the Art of Ariel stuff (I even got to do the special opening ceremony and got a key!) so it was good to talk to someone, even if for a moment... the biggest let-down was how lonely it was. Lines are terrible, and I'm glad it is fair this way, but I miss meeting new people in lines, especially when they are in the same boat as you. I'm already trying to talk my friends into coming (especially for support for Ariel... that is going to be a nightmare, and there WILL be tears if I don't get her) in order to have some company.

I'm glad everyone got one that wanted one so far!!! Hopefully it will continue like this, and we will all get them before the sharks do! :wavey:

So great it all went smoothly for everyone. I couldn't make it to the store so was worried online tonight was going to crash and be sold out but looks like it might not be so stressful. yah :) I guess I could worry about getting a messed up one though since it seems the QC is not so great. And I am very happy to hear belle and beast look good. I was really excited for them but the whole chocolate bunny thing was kinda turning me off to that set :p

I'm sorry that has happened to you. That is nothing to bypass, especially for the price we're paying for these sets. Let us know what happens.

Guest services said I had to send an e-mail in order to speak with someone. That doesn't leave me very optimistic as I'd much rather speak to an actual person in real time. I've sent the e-mail though, so we'll just see what happens. Thanks for the support all :)

I sent you a PM. I hope they are able to help you! :)

Selithiel, I would call back and get someone else. It's usually a crapshoot anytime you call customer service anywhere, so you def got a bad apple. That's one of the most extreme defects you can have on a doll. It looks like dye from her top. You can always escalate it to a supervisor / manager like I had to do with my defective limited Lightning McQueen a couple years back. They sent me another one for free and told me to keep my defective one as an apology. As for Rapunzel's head, they won't all look like that. The one in my store was gorgeous.

I would recommend physically going back in to the store. They will be more useful than e-mailing. They should make an effort to call stores in the area and have one shipped to them, or call the warehouse, or something! They will not leave you hanging. Guest services could take way too long, and by the time they try and reach a solution it could be too late and the dolls could be sold out, thus preventing you from getting a replacement :(

Selithiel, I would call back and get someone else. It's usually a crapshoot anytime you call customer service anywhere, so you def got a bad apple. That's one of the most extreme defects you can have on a doll. It looks like dye from her top. You can always escalate it to a supervisor / manager like I had to do with my defective limited Lightning McQueen a couple years back. They sent me another one for free and told me to keep my defective one as an apology. As for Rapunzel's head, they won't all look like that. The one in my store was gorgeous.

The worst part is that from my understanding that the store's CMs are supposed to do a last quality check on the dolls in the back room before they sell them. That is another of the many reasons why they receive their merchandise a few weeks before the actual sale date of any particular item. Whoever was responsible for that task at Selethiel's DS should be disciplined for allowing such a thing to happen!

oh wow! that's terrible, I just went to check mine right now..it sucks that these are covered in a box so you can't see them right away..I guess for the next couple dolls I'll be sure to be more cautious and look before I buy..good luck with guest services!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back