• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I just got word from my local disney store, they're not sold out of the Snow White dolls. Does anyone need me to pick them up one? let me know asap :)

So do you guys think the edition size is too big or just not that many people interested in Snow White? One store near me still has some left. I am wondering if I need to go crazy and take off of work each doll release day or if I can either go after work or pick it up online.

So I received my DS order today and the item I was most looking forward to (the DFDC lithos) was bent. Whoever packaged my order stuffed them halfway under the bottom inside flaps of the shipping box. There is no way the lithos could have shifted into that position by themselves with all of the other items in the box. I will be calling the DS's customer service tomorrow to complain. They ruined a LE item just because they couldn't be a little more careful packaging an order. I should have just purchased my items in-store, but I didn't know what or how much my store would be getting and I didn't want to risk something selling out.

Last edited:
My experience was good too. There were a lot of people so I was worried, but several groups just wanted one and then passed if another one of their group member's name came up. So everyone who wanted her was able to get Snow. A few people were just there to see the dolls and wanted a specific one when it goes on sale.

My CMs think Ariel will be the most popular. I am glad to see so many positive stories posted here.

So do you guys think the edition size is too big or just not that many people interested in Snow White? One store near me still has some left. I am wondering if I need to go crazy and take off of work each doll release day or if I can either go after work or pick it up online.

I was wondering that too, I'm surprised their not crazy sold out..who knows though we still have 4 more dolls to go.

It may be due to it being Snow. I know she's moderately popular but not as much as Belle Rapunzel and especially Ariel to cause people to react in the "OMG MUST GET THIS RIGHT NOW! OUT OF MY WAY!" reaction. If we see Snow and some of the couple dolls collecting dust on the shelves and online, we can blame edition size. Nightmaremermaid- I can't believe they packaged the lithos like that. They need to get new people in that warehouse so they can ship things properly, especially these collectors items. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
It may be due to it being Snow. I know she's moderately popular but not as much as Belle Rapunzel and especially Ariel to cause people to react in the "OMG MUST GET THIS RIGHT NOW! OUT OF MY WAY!" reaction. If we see Snow and some of the couple dolls collecting dust on the shelves and online, we can blame edition size. Nightmaremermaid- I can't believe they packaged the lithos like that. They need to get new people in that warehouse so they can ship things properly, especially these collectors items. Sorry to hear that.

haha! yes, i'll be so sad if I don't get a rapunzel..i love her :D

I think that unfortunately it is just because Snow is probably not as popular and some of the others that are coming out, but I think that the online release tonight will be a good indication of how sales will go. There is a possibility that because of the slower sales of the villains last year that people will think the same of this set and will just casually purchase them when they go up online. Also the fact that they are $120 plus tax is probably putting off a lot of casual buyers.

I think that it may get a little crazier with some of the more popular ones such as Rapunzel and Ariel but I dont think it will be as bad as dollmageddon 2011. I am very interested to see how the online release tonight will go as I am very nervous because I think it will be a good reflection of how the online sales will go for LE Eric and Ursula which are the only ones at the moment that I am still anxiously waiting on and have not been guaranteed.

In relation to the edition size, I still think the 6,000 was small but then again the hike in the price tag will defer a lot of casual buyers so it may counter the larger edition sizes of the princesses back in 2011 especially since they sold at retail for half the price at the $60 plus tax mark. I dunno maybe the dolls just arent as popular as the initial Designer Princess line? I mean even on ebay the price of these dolls (the Designer Princesses) on the secondary market has dropped significantly so maybe the ones who were buying out of hype are now moving on to other things thus reducing demand and subsequently the price for the dolls? I dunno it's always hard to tell.

I am so happy that everyone that wanted a Snow was able to get her in store and hopefully that will just deter the sharks, I dont know if anyone has been watching on ebay but there are a lot of Snow dolls listed around the $250-300 mark, I honestly do not think that anyone will buy that. Mainly because the D23 exclusive was going for around $350-400 so if anyone was going to pay that rediculous mark up they would probably just buy the exclusive version instead.

Good luck to everyone trying to get the set online tonight, hopefully you will have as much luck as everyone who went to buy it in store.

I just think it hasn't picked up speed yet... I call this "the preliminary qualifying rounds"... Snow might not be as popular, but give it a day or so and I'm sure she'll be gone from stores. I give it no more than two weeks to sell out completely. Snow is by far not the most popular princess in the line though, the real games have yet to begun. That is my opinion at least. We will see how she does online tonight. I'm glad I got her in person so I don't have to be a zombie in my classes tomorrow!

I didn't buy the lithos online, they had some in-store, so I picked up a set just because. I also got all of the mugs so I wouldn't regret not getting all of the mugs later... LOL

They also had the wallets and bags at my store, but I don't know how well I would fare as a male walking around my college with those. :p They were very pretty though!

Did anyone get any more pics of their store display? Any pics of all the dolls in their box?A nice pic of Rapunzel maybe were her head isn't all exorcist like lol? I'm really struggling on which sets I want:/ I know I deffo do not want Jasmine, I didn't want Snow. I am going to get Rapunzel but cannot decide between Ariel or belle:/ I prefer Ariel but the beauty and the beast set looks more interesting. What does the ariel set look like in person?

Also I've heard people say they will display the princess's with their villains. So Aurora with Maleficent,Snow and the queen,Rapunzel and Gothel, Ariel and Ursula but then who do you display queen of hearts and Cruella with haha.
I'd love to see how everyone displays their designer dolls.

I'm going to go to my local DS tomorrow, to look at the dolls in person and see if they have any of the mugs. Does anyone know if the fairytale collection mugs are 2 for $18.00?

I'm going to go to my local DS tomorrow, to look at the dolls in person and see if they have any of the mugs. Does anyone know if the fairytale collection mugs are 2 for $18.00?

It should be, another member on here stated that they went into the store and the store manager allowed them to avail the 2 fo $18 deal.

GREAT!! Oh, BTW, if anyone else on here is a disney Visa card holder, watch out for an email with a 15% off coupon. I tried it online and it makes the lithos $33. And some change;)

I think that unfortunately it is just because Snow is probably not as popular and some of the others that are coming out, but I think that the online release tonight will be a good indication of how sales will go. There is a possibility that because of the slower sales of the villains last year that people will think the same of this set and will just casually purchase them when they go up online. Also the fact that they are $120 plus tax is probably putting off a lot of casual buyers.

I think that it may get a little crazier with some of the more popular ones such as Rapunzel and Ariel but I dont think it will be as bad as dollmageddon 2011. I am very interested to see how the online release tonight will go as I am very nervous because I think it will be a good reflection of how the online sales will go for LE Eric and Ursula which are the only ones at the moment that I am still anxiously waiting on and have not been guaranteed.

In relation to the edition size, I still think the 6,000 was small but then again the hike in the price tag will defer a lot of casual buyers so it may counter the larger edition sizes of the princesses back in 2011 especially since they sold at retail for half the price at the $60 plus tax mark. I dunno maybe the dolls just arent as popular as the initial Designer Princess line? I mean even on ebay the price of these dolls (the Designer Princesses) on the secondary market has dropped significantly so maybe the ones who were buying out of hype are now moving on to other things thus reducing demand and subsequently the price for the dolls? I dunno it's always hard to tell.

I am so happy that everyone that wanted a Snow was able to get her in store and hopefully that will just deter the sharks, I dont know if anyone has been watching on ebay but there are a lot of Snow dolls listed around the $250-300 mark, I honestly do not think that anyone will buy that. Mainly because the D23 exclusive was going for around $350-400 so if anyone was going to pay that rediculous mark up they would probably just buy the exclusive version instead.

Good luck to everyone trying to get the set online tonight, hopefully you will have as much luck as everyone who went to buy it in store.

I completely agree with your theory of snow being not as popular as the other princesses as many on this forum and on facebook seem to prefer all of the others over her. When I went to the store I spoke to a few girls who were there only to look at the display and return on October 1 for the beauty and the beast set and had no interest in snow at all. There also may have been some people who were interested in her but got the D23 exclusive and feel that they do not need both because of it. In regards to the designer princess prices dropping in the secondary market it may be due to the fact that most people are saving their money for the couples dolls. In all reality it is cheaper to buy the couples than it is to pay the overly inflated prices for the princesses by themselves. I was considering purchasing one of the designer princesses before finding out about the couples dolls and am no longer interested in acquiring them because of the outrageous prices people are asking. I for one am happy I did not end up buying dolls from the sharks as it would only feed their hunger and indulge their greedy behaviour. I still cannot believe that they are already asking for double the price even though she has not officially sold out yet! I just hope that there will be enough to go around for those who truly enjoy them and am happy to see that the people on this forum are looking out for one another instead of profit. I am also hoping that the next raffles will go as well for everyone as they did today but I am in fear that I may not be as lucky with the others due to the higher popularity of the rest of the sets in the collection.

A nice pic of Rapunzel maybe were her head isn't all exorcist like lol?

1dmrl.gif
LOL! That is exactly what I thought when I saw her. I was all "Good God! What did they do to her head?!" Princess Regan is more appropriate ;)

Last edited:
I do agree and think that the sales will be better determined on the release of the doll on the US website, but due to the instore demand and how smoothly it went I am hoping that this will translate online as well and everyone is able to get the dolls.

I personally think that there would probably be at least 3000 units still up for sale after the D23 preorders, the online preorders, the UK stock and the instore stock. So there should be a pretty good chance that everyone that is online tonight trying to get one will as she should last on the site for at least an hour or two at the very least. So I dont think we will get another dollmageddon with Snow but with the others it may be a possiblity.

I'm nervous about Ariel!!! All this chat about seeing Belle and Beast in person and how much better Beast looks, has me very curious!!! I hope my local store has all the dolls out for display

I do think Belles dress is beautiful from the pictures, so I can just imagine how gorgeous she'll be in person!

Thank you everyone for the support and ideas, I really appreciate it :) I called the Disney Store on my lunch break at work because it was just bugging me so much, and I spoke to the manger there whom I have known for about four years now. She was very understanding and she let me go back to the store and exchange for a new one! This one doesn't have perfectly rooted lashes, but that is something I can overlook in comparison to the horrendous smudge.

Here's a side-by-side of the two:

beforeandaftersnow_zpsa7cb57f7.png

Such a relief to have it all taken care of. It would bug me no matter what, but with Snow being one of my top favorites I wouldn't be able to live with knowing that smudge was there.

I do think Belles dress is beautiful from the pictures, so I can just imagine how gorgeous she'll be in person!

Its breathtaking....really. Even the gathered part has a design on the material, very faint but you can see it. Very regal gown - so much detail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back