• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I just stopped by my local Disney Store (which luckily is in the mall I work) to check out how the Snow White set is going. Only 11 people had signed up for the raffle so far. Nothing crazy yet. More came in though as I was leaving. After finally seeing them in person I am definitely not regretting passing on the Snow White. However seeing the Belle and Beast set made me even more eager to buy them. The Beast looks much better in person and the Belle just blows me away. Can't wait for October 1st. Good luck to those getting Snow today!!

I think about twelve people entered at my store, but only three of us (my mom and I included) showed up for the raffle. How bizarre!

So only 2 doll sets out of 14 were sold at my store.

Here's hoping that trend continues...

So glad to hear Rapunzel and Flynn look bad - that means I may get one! Mother Gothel is an AMAZING doll, but her bad pose kept people from getting her (isn't she still for sale at 29 on the US site?) so I have hopes that I can keep up my sun princess colelction!!!!!

I'll be heading to my store in a little bit. I called to confirm times and the CM I spoke with said they had the wallet and put it on hold for me! I hope it's really the wallet because that would be awesome.

My store had 17 dolls. There were only 11 of us. I'm glad this went very smoothly. From the 11 of us 2 were ebayers. They had no shame in saying it out loud to. Well I'm glad I got my snow and prince. I wish everyone else the best of luck :)

Yay I'm so glad to hear that you guys have been able to get the dolls with little trouble :) It makes me feel good when collectors that are wanting them are getting them and not the ebayers

It's great to hear that things are going relatively well for this release! :) It will be interesting to see how things pan out on the West coast in the next few hours to give us a more national snap shot of the release. I think the higher price is keeping away a lot of people, especially the casual consumers. The sharks... well, I am sure there are some in every area as there always will be.

Big congratulations too those that bought DFDC Snow White & the Prince!

Hm, I think it's just off to a slow start. There's no way it's going to continue this smoothly. It could be that Snow White isn't that popular or word really hasn't spread.

I went to the most remote location I can drive to, which got in 18. Only 10 people showed up for the raffle, and I think 2 of them were scalpers. There were also quite a few people who said, "$150 for a doll? Are they insane? They're nice, but they're still just dolls."

Now that I'm back at work I called the other 3 stores I can drive to. One of them has 7 left out of the 15 they got, another has 4 left out of 14, and the other has 30!!! But I didn't ask how many they got in.

I'm in Ontario, Canada, so my area got in a total of AT LEAST 100 sets. How many are really going online tonight?

However, I do think they used this release to gauge how many each area should get, which means they'll probably distribute them differently after this.

It's great to hear that things are going relatively well for this release! :) It will be interesting to see how things pan out on the West coast in the next few hours to give us a more national snap shot of the release. I think the higher price is keeping away a lot of people, especially the casual consumers. The sharks... well, I am sure there are some in every area as there always will be.

Big congratulations too those that bought DFDC Snow White & the Prince!
Hopefully the sharks will notice the turn out isn't huge and will start to diminish in number. It is now up to everyone to spread the word about how AWFUL the Rapunzel set is so none of them turn up to buy it ;D

I think everything went so smoothly because it's Snow and she's not as popular as some of the other princesses. I predict the Belle/Beast, Ariel/Eric, and Rapunzel/Flynn releases to be craziness. Even though Rapunzel and Flynn look bad, there will still be tons of people who'll want them because it's Rapunzel.

I got my Snow White and Prince today! Everything went smooth. Put my name in, drawing. I was second to last called..BUT they said prior that they had enough for everyone who entered. I hope in 2 weeks Rapunzel works out this well for me and then for sure Ariel. I already did a "buy in" for Belle and Beast with another DPF member for that one. I will also try online for Jasmine. I saw her in person and she's really pretty. The others I will go to the store first and then if that doesn't work out go online. As a side not about 13 or so were left and being put out for others to buy. It was nice. No fuss. No confusion. Everyone left happy! Let's hope it continues.

I hate to say it but the Rapunzel set looks the worst by a country mile. Flynn is probably 95% obscured and Rapunzel is posed strangely. Flynn's facial expression is weird too. If I can get it I am definitely opening that box and fixing Rapunzels head at least. The angle is awful.

Beast looks far better than in pictures. Aladdin doesn't look as bad as he did to me in pictures. Belles dress is stunning and really detailed, as is Jasmines. Snow is lovely, hence I'm getting her.

I agree about the Rapunzel set. It was the one I was looking forward to the most and in person it just wasn't as nice as I expected. I really disliked the disney pics of the Beast doll and I have to say he looks way better in person :)

Happy Hunting everyone! Glad to hear some success stories on here. Got to my store around 11:30 ad 3 other people showed up together Around 12 we each filled a voucher and presented our ids and waited til 1:10 for the results. While I was there I took pictures. No clothing for this series but they had the lithos, notebooks mugs, makeup etc and of course the display dolls.
I may actually get this pair. They look great in person and I appreciate the details that went into both dolls.

Rapunzel and Flynn :( They need some serious reposing. Sucks because I like the characters and was looking forward to them.

Anyways, the store skipped the raffle and everyone that was there that wanted the dolls were able to get one! So I came back home with Snow and Charming! Have to admit she has grown on me and she's better in person I may try to redo her hair but her hair is gelled up and hardened. But I'll let it go for now ;)

Last edited:
At Mall of America they got 7 dolls, and only six people showed up. I love the raffle set-up, it was so stress free!

I actually loved them even from the ugly Stitch Kingdom leaks, but obviously they're a million times better in person.

One thing really bugs me about Rapunzel--even more than Snow's stupid braid. She has a piece of her bangs cut. It just ruins the whole Rapunzel lore, because we all know if she cut a piece of her bangs it would die and turn brown. I have no idea why they did that. I thought it looked like that in pics, but I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong.

Oh, and my faves are even more my faves in person: Jasmine and Aladdin both look so beautiful.

I'm glad they doing raffle. While it turned out unnecessary for Snow today, things may change for the other dolls especially Rapunzel Belle(Triple threat day with eric and Ursula on the same day) and Ariel. I already have Rapunzel from a co-op so I can take it easy for the next release. But If someone is in need of Rapunzel I can be a lookout for you. ANd I agree Quasimodo, Jasmine and Aladdin are wonderful in person and Jasmine's colors are better than the stock photos.

Last edited:
I went into my store to buy some of the merch. I arrived a little after my store had opened and there was no one in there except for me and a family who was looking at things for their children. I didn't stay for Snow White since I wasn't going to buy her, but no one else had purchased any of the merch from my store except me. This may turn out to not be as bad as we thought it would be. But of course like others have said, Snow White isn't the most popular princess of this collection so we'll just have to see how the other doll releases go. These dolls look so much better in person. Even the detailed up close pictures I've seen online really don't do them any justice. I'm still just going to get one set since that's all I can afford, but after seeing them in person I couldn't help but want to buy Jasmine and Aladdin. I really believe that Rapunzel and Flynn's terrible in-box pose will have a significant effect on how quickly they sell. I still can't believe that someone actually approved that pose. I agree that Rapunzel should not have that section of her hair cut short. That is a noticeable error. The designers are supposed to know these movies and study them to be able to make these dolls, but they made this error with Rapunzel that anyone who has seen the movie would know was wrong.

Our store had 38, and there wasn't even half that there to buy them. I made my husband go with me just in case, but it wasn't necessary! It was a nice, quiet release!

Hopefully the sharks will notice the turn out isn't huge and will start to diminish in number. It is now up to everyone to spread the word about how AWFUL the Rapunzel set is so none of them turn up to buy it ;D

Hopefully! :) But it's no joke that the DFDC Rapunzel and Flynn dolls have THE WORST in-box pose ever devised by the Disney Store. I shy away from messing too much with my boxed doll collection, but my DFDC dolls are probably almost all going to be opened and reposed with the factory plastic ties and all of the other plastic junk they put in there with the dolls removed. The DFDC Rapunzel and Flynn dolls are a boxed doll collector's nightmare!

Maybe it's because the Beast isn't as handsome as Flynn that nobody's complaining, but I actually can't stand the way he's posed behind Belle. I think maybe they should've gone with bigger cases that fit two dolls better. For some it actually works with the closeness, but for most it's awkward.

To me, Rapunzel looks beautful enough the way she's displayed that I can forgive it. Flynn is barely there at all, lol. But Beast? He's this big lurking creature in the back of the display. WHAT is he looking at over there?

Maybe it's because the Beast isn't as handsome as Flynn that nobody's complaining, but I actually can't stand the way he's posed behind Belle. I think maybe they should've gone with bigger cases that fit two dolls better. For some it actually works with the closeness, but for most it's awkward.

To me, Rapunzel looks beautful enough the way she's displayed that I can forgive it. Flynn is barely there at all, lol. But Beast? He's this big lurking creature in the back of the display. WHAT is he looking at over there?
Agreed. I will probably open and repose him a bit. At least turn his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back