• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 PTD Discussion Thread - NEW PINS 12/31/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those aren't going to last long either. I am standing in line for Rogue One which leads me to wonder... If you were in line at the Chinese Theater and a flip happened would you get out of line to got get a sundae. And how close to showtime would you get in a PTD line.

edit to add. I'm in Colorado so for me it is a theoretical exercise. :)

Last edited:
Those aren't going to last long either. I am standing in line for Rogue One which leads me to wonder... If you were in line at the Chinese Theater and a flip happened would you get out of line to got get a sundae. And how close to showtime would you get in a PTD line.
4d04d00c9c738bb030a558faf4e80235.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding! I am sure people turn pin flipping into a - sadly lucrative - job..
It is, admittedly, the same with literally any collectible hobby.

I have noticed, though, that newer pins rarely hold triple digit value more than a year (typically more than a month). And it seems the formula with DSF/WDI pins is on day of release, you can expect anywhere from x3 to x5 the Markup depending on the character. But they typically settle to x2 to x3. Nick is already dropping to the 60s. He'll level out soon. :3

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It is, admittedly, the same with literally any collectible hobby.

I have noticed, though, that newer pins rarely hold triple digit value more than a year (typically more than a month). And it seems the formula with DSF/WDI pins is on day of release, you can expect anywhere from x3 to x5 the Markup depending on the character. But they typically settle to x2 to x3. Nick is already dropping to the 60s. He'll level out soon. :3

~Merlin

My fingers are crossed. I hope he drops to ~40s, 30s would be ideal, but I could handle ~40. I really, really want him - I love Zootopia and there aren't enough pins available here in the states..

The DSF pin sharks are shrewd people. I love the Ariel one, and hoped I could get the whole 7 Mermaid set as they came out, but I'm not going to spend big bucks on it. Hopefully she'll level out too.

Oh my goodness, that Nick pin is amazing...he has his Pawcicle! <3 Unfortunately I have a feeling that means Judy is soon on the way... looks like I'll have to get the kitchen sink ready to throw in with any trades I could hopefully make. XD

The DSF pin sharks are shrewd people. I love the Ariel one, and hoped I could get the whole 7 Mermaid set as they came out, but I'm not going to spend big bucks on it. Hopefully she'll level out too.
You have no idea what its like to stand in line at DSF with people immediately selling pins on EBay, Instagram, FB, etc. Hearing someone scream "I can sell this easily" is really disheartening. After attending multiple trading events, I believe I know what a good trader sounds and looks like. If the first thing someone says when the meet you is "what do you value this pin at?". You're most likey at DSF surrounded by grumpy pin sharks looking to make a quick buck.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone in line is like this, but a disturbing amount of people are. So, I hate to hear people like XdattaX who loves Ariel get sharked into paying top dollar.

Sorry about the salty rant, here's a puppy. :3
9ba008a4a54d11598102330b69bb9d3f.jpg

Will it flip again? That's the million dollar question! :D

There's significant buzz that it will. "Little birds" on FB are saying there's 60 Ariel left, but that was 20 minutes ago.

If that Pegasus is there, I'm done.

There's significant buzz that it will. "Little birds" on FB are saying there's 60 Ariel left, but that was 20 minutes ago.

If that Pegasus is there, I'm done.

If it's Pegasus I can't help you, I'm at home! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back