• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2018 PTD Discussion Thread - UPDATED 12/18/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, got all three with the help of my mom! Belle is big, she’s a really pretty PTD :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOOOO!!! So glad you were able to snag her (even though you're totally not collecting Belle anymore...........)

Did Daisy sell out before Belle?

I KNOWWWWW T___T I can't pass it up though!!

And none of them had sold out out by my turn, so.. we'll see? I thought Daisy was pretty, too, but I'm a dog person more than a duck person haha

You know, I don't blame them for changing the rules one bit. The new rules are very practical.

I'm glad they posted the rules in NEON GREEN. Can't miss it.

It also clarifies that there will be no flip during business hours. Previously, I thought that during business hours would still be in the realm of "future random release"

It also clarifies that there will be no flip during business hours. Previously, I thought that during business hours would still be in the realm of "future random release"
I agree. I'm glad they aren't doing flips during business hours. Mostly because that makes the business hectic, the CMs frazzled, and thus less helpful or flat out grumpy. Which just ends up souring the whole experience. So I think this is a positive change.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, the simplified rules are a lot more clear.

The only downside to the whole thing is if someone is making a special trip from out of town, they might end up there on a day with no PTDs. But given that we just came off a two-month hiatus, I think spreading them out more is a better option.

Couldn’t get there until after 9pm yesterday, so Belle and Bruno were long gone, but at least I was able to get Daisy to keep my Daisy PTDs complete! :)

And yep, pretty sure they call it sundae series because you get the pin with a sundae rather than the character in the pin holding a sundae. PTDs have had sundaes, plain ice cream, milkshakes, ice cream cones, root beer floats, and a few have just had cherries and no ice cream at all on them.

According to a post on Facebook, Daisy is sold out. So now its a waiting game for the new set (maybe during Saturday's release?).

According to a post on Facebook, Daisy is sold out. So now its a waiting game for the new set (maybe during Saturday's release?).
I was wondering that, I know they said new sets will be random, but I'd like to think they'd possibly start a new set for the release?

I don’t think they’d flip it during the release since it’s not usual business hours... but who knows!
I don't consider during a pin release to be during normal business hours, since the new rules say they will only do a flip during a pin release?

I don't consider during a pin release to be during normal business hours, since the new rules say they will only do a flip during a pin release?

Right, so I think that means like.. if Daisy sold out during the pin release, then they'd flip to a new set. However, if she's already sold out, idk if they'd release a new one outside of regular business hours.

I guess we will find out! On one hand, I hope they don't automatically have a PTD set available, keep it truly random, don't let people expect that a set will always be for sale during a pin release. Buuuut on the other hand, myself and several friends are making the trip out for this release (I only come to a couple a year) so I want them to be available for us to snag haha...

DSF posted updated rules.

So basically you have to shoot for number 401-415 or so. That gives you the best chance to get PTDs *and* character blocks.

"We have revised our rules for the upcoming release on Saturday in the event that Pin Trader Delight Sundae Pins are available. The line cut-off time remains at 5am."

28056263_1854376617947099_1148050896099869653_n.jpg

So basically you have to shoot for number 401-415 or so. That gives you the best chance to get PTDs *and* character blocks.

"We have revised our rules for the upcoming release on Saturday in the event that Pin Trader Delight Sundae Pins are available. The line cut-off time remains at 5am."

Woah? It says you have to have a voucher to buy the PTDs during regular store hours??

I’m not reading it that way? I’m reading guests 401 and above can get in line for PTDs immediately (given they aren’t guaranteed a block), then they can get in the blocks line to see whatever is left?? That’s what happened to us at the sign posts at least.

I’m not reading it that way? I’m reading guests 401 and above can get in line for PTDs immediately (given they aren’t guaranteed a block), then they can get in the blocks line to see whatever is left?? That’s what happened to us at the sign posts at least.

Do they give you another ticket to get the PTDs? I remmeber for the Coco release, they took my number when I went to get the PTD (cuz it was a super high number?)

It says "After the release has concluded, Pin Trader Delights will be sold at its normal time beginning at store opening until 10 p.m. (2 sundaes per voucher, per person, per day)."

I think they messed up where they put the (2 sundaes per voucher, per person, per day) when they put it at the end instead of in the portion of the paragraph that talks about what happens during the actual release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back