• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Disney Heroes vs. Villains An Epic Showdown

2021 Disney Heroes vs. Villains An Epic Showdown
Are Potts and chip in the bottom right pin?

Yes. Not sure why my photos posted so small.

potts-chip.jpg

DLR event coming next year with LE 1000 pins with a lot of character.

98d7bae3f5ed4280e41ef9c1b71a83a3.jpg

43dbed612eb3aa9c31afc1e033bdc697.jpg

822b7f83b288624a5efc3d2b6abc42ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a mystery set. With spinners and big for mystery (1.75 inch).

And jumbo swivel LE and 500. And one of my earlier shots was a LE 500 box set.

da24d0c7952563db64bb4401cbf43567.jpg

7cfa987755400a5846a919c0112aa401.jpg

Kind of weird though as they said it was an event but then said it was not a paid event and they would just be available in the park. So kind of confusing.

With a mystery set. With spinners and big for mystery (1.75 inch).

And jumbo swivel LE and 500. And one of my earlier shots was a LE 500 box set.

da24d0c7952563db64bb4401cbf43567.jpg

7cfa987755400a5846a919c0112aa401.jpg

I am loving the style of these pins.

DLR puzzle pin from another “event”. And mystery set.

f836fd018d30c343f863c4223cdf8fc3.jpg

282db7695f8e9eb1dd542f36c2808de6.jpg

Kind of weird though as they said it was an event but then said it was not a paid event and they would just be available in the park. So kind of confusing.

That is really strange. Wonder if they will handle it like with the Fantasyland/smallworld? pins they did. Where we scheduled a time and went in and bought pins at the old ESPN building? hmm

Pin previews for next year's events:

There was polling throughout the event for best hero and villain (out of the Epic Showdown mystery set characters). The winners were Moana and Darth Vader, which will be incorporated into a pin for next year.

1.jpg

The Lion King's pin series will feature slider and stained glass elements.
The Ewoks' pin series will be like photo booth photos.
Oswald/Ortensia's pin series will be related to secret family recipes.

This is the mystery set of different languages.

This is going to be a jumbo/super jumbo.

Mufasa and Sarabi on a pin?! I have heart palpitations.

Thank you all for sharing the previews!

If they are doing Destination D D23 Expo and Star Wars Celebration in person I can't see them not doing pin trading in person again.

Well I asked them about the Cast Lanyard series as a disguise to the status of in person trading events and they said it was going be a while

Should be interesting to hear from folks about what is available at EPCOT tomorrow. I guess we will see if it was worth the registration fee.

Should be interesting to hear from folks about what is available at EPCOT tomorrow. I guess we will see if it was worth the registration fee.

I would guess that the majority of the catalog will be available. Some of the boxed sets may be sold out just because of low LE and being able to order so many through RSP. I am guessing that even the jumbo spinner and mystery boxes will be available.

Reactions: Ajk
I was hoping they'd give Wonderland a break after this anniversary year, but if I'm counting correctly, there's at least six releases previewed plus several series that also potentially could include Wonderland. Argh.

And IMO, the DL merch event pins look way better than the stuff for next year's EPCOT event. They keep trying to force the other brands into the "Disney" pin event and I understand it from their corporate perspective but I don't see it resonating with this actual collecting audience. I love Marvel but I was only somewhat interested in the Loki pin from this event (which I got thanks to a friend) and even that wasn't a must. There may be a handful of people out there who want Fox pins (or Star Wars or Marvel) at a Disney pin event, but I think it's going to push more people out than it attracts if they keep trying to make it all brand inclusive.

I mean, is the following year's theme going to be "The Simpsons Go To Walt Disney World"? "Disney+ The Pin Event"? Umm, actually maybe I should stop before giving them any ideas... lol

Back