• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Limited Edition Dolls
Hmm. Um...I want to be wowed by these dolls more, but I'm sadly not.

The 50th Anniversary Cinderella looks so similar to the playline dolls in the store. The ones recently made by Hasbro.

As for the Designer Ariel, there are components I really like in her design, but the dress (specifically the color) is just not sitting well with me. Maybe I'm the only one thinking that. I want to like it more, but I'm not.

For the love with Designer Ariel....and I don't mean that in a good way. I see Jesse from Saved By The Bell. Sorry - the face, the winged whatever, the dress. The only thing I like is her hair. Disney is missing the mark. I do like Cinderella - the black and white dress (stunning!). Curious to see the box and edition size - surely she will be at the parks.

Last edited:
ShopDisney updated with a release date for Cindy, but not Ariel. 12/10 7 am Pacific.
c0c62e1a963ef6d5d2d351d63272e4a8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I do like the Cinderella...that Ariel on the other hand...I didn't know there could be a version of her I didn't like, and that's with giving her 80's dress from the last series a pass.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

New pictures of the Ariel doll from ShopDisney Japan. I definitely think she looks better here.

265193619_4915751771770329_2501650584395447194_n.jpg

263653535_4915753308436842_6810497654906923930_n.jpg

Still a no for me seeing the Japan photos. I like her skirting a little better....but the skin tone pink, I guess I like contrast. Maybe for the original designer doll price of $59...but $130 and no real layers, embroidery, etc. She is just "ok" to me. Def not a fan of the painted hair, and I can't tell if that is the pearl skin...but even if it works for an out of the water Ariel...I'm still not a fan of it. Oh well. Looking forward to Tiana and seeing how off unexpected of a look she gets. Fitted slim non-green gown?

Reminder
ss_cindy-doll_20211210_2x

Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Cinderella Limited Edition Doll​

Available 12/10 at 7AM PT

Wow, thanks for the picture updates everyone. It definitely helps these dolls to see them in different angles.

So the Designer Ariel. I'm a little torn. I agree with a lot of thoughts regarding the light pink dress not contrasting well enough with her skin. Also the baby hair, eeks. No thank you. And her arms seem too bare. Needs sleeves perhaps, if not jewelry? (I could try sewing some for her...) Even though the headpiece is a bit odd, I'm a sucker for anything that looks like wings, so I kind of like them, lol. The dress design is pretty. I like the pleats and gradation to blue. Looks more like a party dress than high fashion though. Not that I'm a huge fan of high fashion, but that is the theme of these dolls. So hmm...do I chance the feeling of being left out in a few years if I do not but her? I'm definitely buying Mulan in January, so it's a lot of money for me to drop all at once. Decisions...

For the Disney 50th Anniversary Cinderella, it's just too plain for me. The top part of her dress is clean and nice, but kind of uninspired and simple for a $100+ doll? I see that doll in the $50-60 range instead. The box is very pretty for sure. And the detailing of the castle on her skirt is nice. But overall, I'm not wowed. Now if you are Cinderella fan none of these issues will probably matter, lol. If it was one of my favorite princesses, I might buy her even being plain, so I can understand why collectors may still buy her.

I have a question about the ShopDisney site. I see from @tylertremallose 's post that Ariel is available on 12/14/21 but I can't find this information on ShopDisney. Am I missing something? I feel like there is a common place to find doll information, but I'm just lost on the store site.

I have a question about the ShopDisney site. I see from @tylertremallose 's post that Ariel is available on 12/14/21 but I can't find this information on ShopDisney. Am I missing something? I feel like there is a common place to find doll information, but I'm just lost on the store site.

Try this link - scroll to the bottom of the page. This is a good source.

Wow, thanks for the picture updates everyone. It definitely helps these dolls to see them in different angles.

So the Designer Ariel. I'm a little torn. I agree with a lot of thoughts regarding the light pink dress not contrasting well enough with her skin. Also the baby hair, eeks. No thank you. And her arms seem too bare. Needs sleeves perhaps, if not jewelry? (I could try sewing some for her...) Even though the headpiece is a bit odd, I'm a sucker for anything that looks like wings, so I kind of like them, lol. The dress design is pretty. I like the pleats and gradation to blue. Looks more like a party dress than high fashion though. Not that I'm a huge fan of high fashion, but that is the theme of these dolls. So hmm...do I chance the feeling of being left out in a few years if I do not but her? I'm definitely buying Mulan in January, so it's a lot of money for me to drop all at once. Decisions...

For the Disney 50th Anniversary Cinderella, it's just too plain for me. The top part of her dress is clean and nice, but kind of uninspired and simple for a $100+ doll? I see that doll in the $50-60 range instead. The box is very pretty for sure. And the detailing of the castle on her skirt is nice. But overall, I'm not wowed. Now if you are Cinderella fan none of these issues will probably matter, lol. If it was one of my favorite princesses, I might buy her even being plain, so I can understand why collectors may still buy her.

instagram user theycallmeobsessed has the doll already! she looks very pretty. the gloves are added on.

Screen-Shot-2021-12-11-at-12-38-14-AM.png

instagram user theycallmeobsessed has the doll already! she looks very pretty. the gloves are added on.

Screen-Shot-2021-12-11-at-12-38-14-AM.png
Ohhh, yeah, the sleeves do help! It makes the dress look more "gala" and less "party". Ha ha, great minds think alike for the sleeves on her arms. :D Thanks for sharing these pics. I'm definitely leaning toward buying her...so unless a big financial issue comes my way, I will buy her, lol. Guess I need to check my fabric stock to make some matching sleeves.

Wow, she sold out way faster than I thought she would. I see one person on eBay has an 'in hand' one with photos....so I guess she is in the parks. Curious to know how many were online, and if they are actually holding to 1 per customer. I got one and got a tracking number the same day I ordered - that is the fastest turn around I've ever had on a doll.

Wow, she sold out way faster than I thought she would. I see one person on eBay has an 'in hand' one with photos....so I guess she is in the parks. Curious to know how many were online, and if they are actually holding to 1 per customer. I got one and got a tracking number the same day I ordered - that is the fastest turn around I've ever had on a doll.
yes mine shipped about 2 hours after ordering. was very surprised!

i can see it selling out in parks due to 50th anniversary collectors / resellers

For a doll that had 10,000 in the lot, that's insane that it sold out in about 2 days. I hope everyone who wanted her was able to buy her. (And not have to go to the scalpers on Ebay...)

For a doll that had 10,000 in the lot, that's insane that it sold out in about 2 days. I hope everyone who wanted her was able to buy her. (And not have to go to the scalpers on Ebay...)
It was split up between USA online, the parks and the UK online shop right? so im sure theres more at other locations, but im not sure how many were set aside for online sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back