• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Limited Edition Dolls
Does anyone think these high doll numbers are so they can spread them into the parks as well, since the Disney stores have been closing?

Does anyone think these high doll numbers are so they can spread them into the parks as well, since the Disney stores have been closing?

Nope. Disney doesn't typically increase dolls size to go with a release in parks. I think they saw that they could make more money with selling more dolls (I would be surprised if it costs them $10/doll to make), then someone realized, hey, we could probably put some of these in the parks too...lol

@tylertremallose Wow, that actually says a lot about the 50th anniversary Cinderella doll if it has a similar method of distribution as the Jasmine and Pocahontas dolls. I'm thinking the 50th anniversary doll must have a broader buying base. More collectors would probably want 50th anniversary merchandise than Designer dolls I guess.

So I just watched an unboxing video showing Designer Ariel. She's already out at Disney Springs apparently and her edition size is..... 10,000! Good grief.
Ugh. Why do they hold the rest of us to the standard of pre-orders if they turn around and sell it to the public elsewhere? -_- Disney is not going to win points by setting double standards for online vs special locations shopping.

PS - Enter: Ebay scalpers.

@tylertremallose Wow, that actually says a lot about the 50th anniversary Cinderella doll if it has a similar method of distribution as the Jasmine and Pocahontas dolls. I'm thinking the 50th anniversary doll must have a broader buying base. More collectors would probably want 50th anniversary merchandise than Designer dolls I guess.
It wouldnt surprise me if they are buying it for the packaging and not really the doll. The 50th anniversary collectors seem to just want everything 50th anniversary themed. When i was in the parks, i had to shop early cuz when i stopped again at the end of the night, anything i saw that morning was gone.

So I just watched an unboxing video showing Designer Ariel. She's already out at Disney Springs apparently and her edition size is..... 10,000! Good grief.
i read on facebook that she was accidentally put out for sale early. not sure how true that is, however.

Nope. Disney doesn't typically increase dolls size to go with a release in parks. I think they saw that they could make more money with selling more dolls (I would be surprised if it costs them $10/doll to make), then someone realized, hey, we could probably put some of these in the parks too...lol
do you think the slow sales might cause a lower size for upcoming dolls? im pretty new to collecting the designer dolls, so I dont really know the behind the scenes tactics.

I'm half expecting the Cinderella doll to show back in stock online.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I'm on the fence about whether I want her to. She's really not essential for me. But I saw close-ups of the embroidery and details on her dress, and she's more interesting than I originally thought. Not sure if she's interesting ENOUGH but if she comes back into stock, there's a risk I'll be tempted, haha.

Just headed over to shopdisney to take a look at the stock pics for Ariel. Still a no for me....and I can't believe I would ever say that for ARIEL. To me she is the easiest doll to get right...I loved the 80's Premier, so I thought the 'fashion' doll this year would be knocked out of the park. Maybe it's just me, but if others feel the same she will be on the site forever. We'll see. Also, Cinderella is out of stock again.

Just headed over to shopdisney to take a look at the stock pics for Ariel. Still a no for me....and I can't believe I would ever say that for ARIEL. To me she is the easiest doll to get right...I loved the 80's Premier, so I thought the 'fashion' doll this year would be knocked out of the park. Maybe it's just me, but if others feel the same she will be on the site forever. We'll see. Also, Cinderella is out of stock again.
I think I know what you mean. Even though I bought the Designer Ariel this time around, I do feel like she is lacking. I really wish some colors could be changed and that her dress is more formal. But I missed out on many of the past Ariel dolls, so I decided to go for this one... I think I will be happy with her, but she could definitely be better. Yeah, I wonder if she will sell out too.

Wow, and on a side note I'm shocked that they shipped the Ariel doll fast, like Cinderella. I got a shipping confirmation last night. Guess they are trying to get them out before Christmas. (Of course, getting a tracking number doesn't mean it's actually enroute either. It could be sitting in a warehouse waiting to get picked up...)

Last edited:
Made some alterations to my designer Ariel. I posted some more pics on my insta! @miss.mama.jasons.putera :) I got her in Disney Springs last week

267706500_4997489750285564_2256435504864475286_n.jpg

268284710_4997489793618893_6256739858708201600_n.jpg

I caved and bought her. I'm not totally in love with her, but those colors are wonderful.

Last edited:
ShopDisney now states Mulan is 'coming soon' - pretty sure it said Tiana as coming soon last time I checked. hmmmm

I have to say, I'm getting excited now that my favorite princess is next. Mulan would have to look like dirt for me not to buy her...but I also hope she looks amazing. xD I bet this is how everyone feels about their favorite doll character.

Hello everyone--new collector here.

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about when we might expect to see pins for the designer Pocahontas and Ariel? I don't plan on buying their designer dolls (personally, I'm just very underwhelmed by these designs relative to their price) but I thought buying the pins, at least, might be nice, but only Jasmine's seems to be on Shop Disney.

Hello everyone--new collector here.

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about when we might expect to see pins for the designer Pocahontas and Ariel? I don't plan on buying their designer dolls (personally, I'm just very underwhelmed by these designs relative to their price) but I thought buying the pins, at least, might be nice, but only Jasmine's seems to be on Shop Disney.

They were out at the parks, at least WDW. I would expect the pins to come out shortly before or shortly after the release online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back