• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Pin Discussion
Honestly for a WDW specific event, where are all muh pins. Mickey's runway railway was part of last time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm most shocked about. There are NO WDW specific pins for an event happening a month and change after the 50th...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Is this the same kind of event that happened in 2019 and ppl were recounting horror stories of lines and stampedes? I’m still not quite sure what D23 is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D23 Expo is the big huge event that occurs at the Anaheim Convention Center. It's held during the summer, and is every other year, and is typically on the odd years, but the next one will be 2022 due to COVID rearranging (curious to see if they'll now be on even years, or if they'll push for another one in 2023).
Destination D is much smaller in scale, and happens at WDW at one of the hotels. This event takes place in November, and I believe is also every other year, but in the years between the big expo.

So far I'm impressed by the Moana set. I think the Dumbo will look even better in person especially with the glitter elements. Not a big fan of the mirror frame they use for the Beauty and the Beast set, though. They remind me a lot of the magnifying glasses they used for the Great Mouse Detective anniversary set.

Agree with others that it is shocking that there are no park/attraction pins in light of the year. AND it is taking place at WDW. At the Contemporary! Talk about a disconnect.

I won't go far as to say that I'm glad that I didn't get into Destination D. I mean, good traders are good traders (plus all the panels and such). I will say, though, that that hurt a lot less than it could have.

Is MOG the only pin source at the event? I know D23 has MOG, WDI, DSF, etc.

Is it also possible that they may release more in person at the event than what is in the catalog?

Is MOG the only pin source at the event? I know D23 has MOG, WDI, DSF, etc.

Is it also possible that they may release more in person at the event than what is in the catalog?

MOG is usually the only vendor. Destination D is really very small compared to D23- it's like comparing SDCC to a local anime con.

If they're only doing RSPs, then I'd say the chances are smaller...but anything is possible! Especially if they have leftovers from previous releases.

MOG is usually the only vendor. Destination D is really very small compared to D23- it's like comparing SDCC to a local anime con.

If they're only doing RSPs, then I'd say the chances are smaller...but anything is possible! Especially if they have leftovers from previous releases.
I'm assuming they will have leftovers from other drops as well. That's been the case with other pop-ups are Dest. D.

But I doubt there will be any more new pins. Or if there are, it completely defeats the purpose of an RSP.

I'm assuming they will have leftovers from other drops as well. That's been the case with other pop-ups are Dest. D.

But I doubt there will be any more new pins. Or if there are, it completely defeats the purpose of an RSP.

I was thinking more like OE/LR with higher edition side than attendee numbers so everyone would be guaranteed to get them so they could stock them in person.

I was thinking more like OE/LR with higher edition side than attendee numbers so everyone would be guaranteed to get them so they could stock them in person.
Ah, got ya.

There was a big expectation for a hefty drop like a profile series of WDW Park icons are something (Figment, Orange Bird, etc). So I think that's why most are disappointed in the LE drop.

That is very surprising not one 50th pin. Do you think they may do a small special 50th RSP drop near the end of this year? Just seems strange.
I'm not sure why they would do a separate one.

I'm hoping it was, like, a production or supply hold up and not just giving zero craps about the event. :/

Spotted at DLR.

6621ceb72b5b524ff8575bfed461dbe8.jpg
167a12039ef804d973f846931286f778.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

On it! Thank you!

Edit: Sent my husband over to the Westward Ho Trading Post in DLR they had no idea what he was talking about. They only had The Rescuers ones.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

They were posted on FB half an hour ago. So maybe Pin Traders? I checked the post again and no mention of where, other than "DLR." But that could be a broad response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back