• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls

DOLLS 2022 Limited Edition Dolls
So… it’s been what, nearly 8 months? since Jasmine came out & she (along with everyone else) is still in stock. Realistically when do you think we’ll start seeing markdowns?

Saks has the Hasbro 30th anniversary Belle for 50% off...not sure if that has been mentioned.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

She was, at a couple random points, down to $118 (extra bonus sale I think). I still couldn't bring myself to buy her, because the entire situation still disappoints me. While she is pretty, you can tell the quality of the details is cheaper than previous Saks dolls.

She was, at a couple random points, down to $118 (extra bonus sale I think). I still couldn't bring myself to buy her, because the entire situation still disappoints me. While she is pretty, you can tell the quality of the details is cheaper than previous Saks dolls.
Agreed...I do hope there will be a similar quality 18 in though.

So… it’s been what, nearly 8 months? since Jasmine came out & she (along with everyone else) is still in stock. Realistically when do you think we’ll start seeing markdowns?
In the past, these dolls sold out within minutes online - so you never saw them anywhere else. Now they are at Disney Springs and also in the parks. It's very possible they won't go on sale online and will just get pulled and put more of them in the parks (though honestly, how many people are buying a big doll box to lug around or worry about on vacation?). BUT, when the 2012 Villains dolls went one sale it was around Black Friday and then into Christmas season. And they were released in October the prior year, so 13-14 months-ish.

xtb_dd-snow-white-details_20220607_2x

Her dress is not yellow (like the instagram disney release photo showed) - YAY!

Last edited:
In the past, these dolls sold out within minutes online - so you never saw them anywhere else. Now they are at Disney Springs and also in the parks. It's very possible they won't go on sale online and will just get pulled and put more of them in the parks (though honestly, how many people are buying a big doll box to lug around or worry about on vacation?). BUT, when the 2012 Villains dolls went one sale it was around Black Friday and then into Christmas season. And they were released in October the prior year, so 13-14 months-ish.

They actually were part of a sale (25% off or so with code) instead of being excluded from the code. But, officially, not a sale price unless you used the code.

I'm guessing Christmas will be when they get marked down? They made too many of them

Funny enough, I kind of like her now , just at how whimsical she looks in contrast to her usual doll designs. Snow White limited edition dolls typically have the best attention to detail designs so I was curious to find out what was the inspiration behind this iteration. As shock inducing as she was when revealed , at least for me, I think it is balanced out by the fact that most of her design seems heavily skewed towards her classic storybook look anyway. I love that they left out the standard yellow and gave the main part of her dress a more taupe color with the gold on the fish tail part of her dress. I think I would have loved to see her with even just a little blue thrown in, just to kind of make her color scheme stand out from the premiere doll, but she looks cute anyway. Her sleeves are my favorite part of the dress.

Someone here said that maybe they were giving her a haute couture Elizabethan look in regards to her crown and collar, but honestly I would have liked to see them go all the way with that and give her a more formal all white traditional collar with gold trimming. That would have really made her stand out and I may have to buy an extra doll if she goes on sale just to customize and experiment with that idea. She’s giving me “little princess grows up and kicks stepmother out of the castle” vibes. In fact, that became my head cannon for her when I first saw the reveal pictures lol

Bottom line....Steve Thompson is the designer of the 2022 Snow White. If there is any "I kinda like this one...." vibe anyone is feeling - it's probably because of that. (he's been the main designer for a decade up until this line where they featured new individual designers). I think I am going to get her....BK crown and all :)

Bottom line....Steve Thompson is the designer of the 2022 Snow White. If there is any "I kinda like this one...." vibe anyone is feeling - it's probably because of that. (he's been the main designer for a decade up until this line where they featured new individual designers). I think I am going to get her....BK crown and all :)

Ugh, I'm starting to fear I will eat my words and get her. Haha. I still object to a lot of it, both materially and philosophically, but when I saw Steve's concept art I started to waver. That should have no impact but somehow it does, ha. We'll see next Tuesday. (I'm sure she won't sell out, but it would 100% be my luck to hesitate, then decide to get her, and discover she was the first to sell out on release day. :D )

I'm liking her a bit more and more, for a lot of the reasons you guys shared. Debating if I get her now or in the future.

I'd like to see a picture of the collar removed from around her neck and made to somehow hang down her back, but still holding the cape on her shoulders. That way the top part of her dress could be better seen and exhibited. I'm waiting to find someone who gets the doll early and takes pictures without the collar/cape.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this so I apologize in advance.

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/217...llection-limited-edition-dolls-2021-2022.html

I really love the background of the box and how she looks displayed in it. I love the concept art. I just wish the bottom of the dress was executed in the same way as the art to display her cute shoes. I’m wondering though if her collar was actually supposed to be how we see it now or how it is worn by the model in these promo shots. It’s a very interesting take.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this so I apologize in advance.

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/217...llection-limited-edition-dolls-2021-2022.html

I really love the background of the box and how she looks displayed in it. I love the concept art. I just wish the bottom of the dress was executed in the same way as the art to display her cute shoes. I’m wondering though if her collar was actually supposed to be how we see it now or how it is worn by the model in these promo shots. It’s a very interesting take.

The concept art, which is what matters, shows the fluffy collar. The model is Amber Arden, who is essentially a cosplayer (that sounds dismissive and I don't mean it to be; she has achieved a level of fame for her attention to detail and is usually the go-to for people wanting a Snow White model. She's great!). The outfit is likely something she put together to cosplay as Ultimate Princess Collection Designer Snow once she'd seen the same preview photos the rest of us saw, not anything official or sanctioned by Disney. Although it's pretty interesting that Amber opted not to choke herself with ruffles (I take that as political commentary, haha).

Last edited:
The concept art, which is what matters, shows the fluffy collar. The model is Amber Arden, who is essentially a cosplayer (that sounds dismissive and I don't mean it to be; she has achieved a level of fame for her attention to detail and is usually the go-to for people wanting a Snow White model. She's great!). The outfit is likely something she put together to cosplay as Ultimate Princess Collection Designer Snow once she'd seen the same preview photos the rest of us saw, not anything official or sanctioned by Disney. Although it's pretty interesting that Amber opted not to choke herself with ruffles (I take that as political commentary, haha).
Thank you for the background information, she did a wonderful job in her portrayal considering it’s nothing official.

Pic from IG @disneyrelease

Did anyone see the potential leaked pic for 17" Megara? I'm a huge fan of this character, so I really like the stylized face, even if she looks a bit cartoony and simple. (It comes with the territory of Hercules animation, heh.) I've read criticisms on how simple the outfit seems, and that she even looks too similar to her Masquerade doll. I kind of see what they mean. Just curious what everyone thinks about her? I'm pretty sure I will get her though, unless her dress is super boring.

Pic from IG @disneyrelease

Did anyone see the potential leaked pic for 17" Megara? I'm a huge fan of this character, so I really like the stylized face, even if she looks a bit cartoony and simple. (It comes with the territory of Hercules animation, heh.) I've read criticisms on how simple the outfit seems, and that she even looks too similar to her Masquerade doll. I kind of see what they mean. Just curious what everyone thinks about her? I'm pretty sure I will get her though, unless her dress is super boring.
Same camp of buying regardless, love Meg.

@MSecaur Thanks for the detailed pics! I did not buy this Snow, but I was curious about how she looked under the collar. I see what you mean, it does give her more color balance to keep the ruffle collar. Thanks!

And regarding the new Rapunzel doll, I think I am going to refrain from giving my opinion for now because I don't want to discount anyone who might like the design. :)

That Rapunzel doll preview....HOPEFULLY that dress is long. I can imagine a surprise short one though....of which she will go from woman to little girl look - no thanks. Wish we could get back to the face molds like the very first line. Mulan and Snow are great, the rest are various levels of cartoony or hasbro looking (no offense hasbro). My first thought was she is a guest at Prince William's wedding...all those hats. But the dress pattern takes me back to the late 90's too....and that's not a bad thing. If she had the half shut eyes, and long sweep eyelashes like 2011, I'd probably get her for nostalgia reasons. But again, Hasbroish.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ
I just noticed the Designer Pins are buy 2 get one free...and it looks like all but Snow White are already 60% off. So three pins for $26 bucks? Not a bad deal if you like these pins. Clearly none of this stuff has been moving...(sorry, Snow, Merida, and Moana are not on sale...but all the others are)

Back