• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)

DisneyJ

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
One Family 2022 Disney Pin Event Logo

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family​

Celebrating the magical, incredible, timeless, and inclusive bonds that make a family.

Inspired by the love Walt Disney had for his daughters, and his dream of building a place where parents and children could have fun together, join us at The Most Magical Place on Earth as we celebrate our family and a pin trading tradition.

Whether it is family that you are born into, or one that you make yourself - family is the most magical story of all. Journey from Neverland to Arendelle, from any one of the multi-verses to a bioluminescent world, from a galaxy far, far away to infinity and beyond, with an eclectic, quirky, heartfelt collection of pins that inspires us to laugh, share, and connect as ONE Family.

Where: World ShowPlace – EPCOT at Walt Disney World® Resort

When: Friday, August 12 through Saturday, August 13, 2022

On-site Pre-Registration will take place on Thursday, August 11, 2022. Location details coming soon.

Event Registration—Coming Soon

Please continue to check back for registration details and more event information. Event subject to change, postponement, and/or cancellation without notice.

Catalog

Last edited:
I’m very sad I won’t be able to attend this year :( I’ve been going four years in a row and this one breaks the pattern

I get that the theme is corporate synergy IP... I mean... family lol but I do wonder how many Avatar/Star Wars/Marvel pins will be left over... and if that will be a hint to TPTB that perhaps the focus should really be more on Disney at the Disney Pin Event?

Any bets on whether there will be Simpsons pins included, too, or will they leave those to Universal for now?

Won't be surprised if they add Muppets to this one, too.

I am looking to sponsor someone to attend the event for me. The way sponsorship normally works is I pay for the ticket and pins etc and you get to add things on the rsp and attend the event in person without paying for the ticket.
I’ll volunteer- I’ll have 2 people to get sponsored cause we don’t need 3x everything but will grab 3 tickets.

I am looking to sponsor someone to attend the event for me. The way sponsorship normally works is I pay for the ticket and pins etc and you get to add things on the rsp and attend the event in person without paying for the ticket.
I would be VERY interested in being sponsored this year. :tigger:

I don't think the logo for this event makes sense to me, "Family" : Buzz Lightyear - um no family unless you count the Dad trying to kill him, Vader again not associated with a positive family, Groot um never seen the film but assuming he doesn't have a little family of trees running around, and the last character i don't even know who they are. I'm disapointed Disney had so many options for family here - like incredibles, swiss family robinson, frozen sisters, the dalmations, robin hood, dumbo, the aristocats, lady and the tramp and a gazillion live action films from world of disney. Wish they had focused more on storys that were literally about family if that was the theme. okay stepping down off my soap box now LOL

I don't think the logo for this event makes sense to me, "Family" : Buzz Lightyear - um no family unless you count the Dad trying to kill him, Vader again not associated with a positive family, Groot um never seen the film but assuming he doesn't have a little family of trees running around, and the last character i don't even know who they are. I'm disapointed Disney had so many options for family here - like incredibles, swiss family robinson, frozen sisters, the dalmations, robin hood, dumbo, the aristocats, lady and the tramp and a gazillion live action films from world of disney. Wish they had focused more on storys that were literally about family if that was the theme. okay stepping down off my soap box now LOL
I think this line covers it (emphasis mine): "Whether it is family that you are born into, or one that you make yourself - family is the most magical story of all."

Groot um never seen the film but assuming he doesn't have a little family of trees running around,
Guardians of the Galaxy is a "found family" story (family created by a group of people coming together) like Lilo & Stitch and Meet the Robinsons.

But I still don't see the non-Disney pins being generally popular. And I say that as a Marvel pin collector (who only wanted one Marvel pin from last year's event).

They do like to make this events like just a few weeks before or after the D23 Expos.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I was just happy it wasn't on D23 weekend (or the weekend before or after), since it will be my first time at D23!

To be fair, the pin event did have claim to early September/Late August first! :D

At one point in time, I would have thought, "Oh, yay, great traders to take to D23 with me!". But after last year's performance, and how almost all the pins just turned up at the Outlet, I don't think that's the case any more. Also, the edition sizes are just so big! It's great for the casual collector, but not so good for trading...

Looking forward to the trading room being back, if nothing else!

I don’t care what the theme is… though I do actually like a few of the previewed pins… I’m just ECSTATIC to trade with all you beautiful people IN PERSON!

Resort Reservations- check
Tickets- check
Park Reservations- check
Packing- ok, maybe not quite yet! X-D

giphy.gif

6669892c65daae6333fce568e90f28d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Connies_Hobby
Avatar, Black Panther, Star Wars, etc. from preview at Heroes vs. Villains virtual Event. :)

Back